MWR under siege lets help them out

I'm betting NAPA is using this as an excuse to get out of nascar.
In My Opinion, if NAPA leaves Nascar it will be because they think their image has been tarnished enough for now. But I don't think they are leaving, they like being a part of the sport and it's a perfect fit for our fan base and their Company.

In My Opinion, if NAPA leaves Nascar it will be because they think their image has been tarnished enough for now. But I don't think they are leaving, they like being a part of the sport and it's a perfect fit for our fan base and their Company.
Yes but not as a primary sponsor. They may sponsor a race or a car for a special event, but never again as a primary sponsor

Nationwide is NOT leaving the sport, some posters see only what they want to.

Notwithstanding the fact that Nationwide is withdrawing as the title sponsor for the #2 touring series in NASCAR, the insurance company will, however, remain in NASCAR as an official sponsor for auto, home, life and business insurance through 2017. The company also will focus on NASCAR marketing programs on the Sprint Cup Series.
“As a series entitlement sponsor and savvy marketer, Nationwide Insurance has been an ideal partner to our sport and we’re proud to have them continue to be part of our family of Official NASCAR Partners,” said Steve Phelps, NASCAR chief marketing officer. “The company has been highly successful in using our sport as a platform to enhance its brand and drive its business and has stated publicly how much value they glean as a series sponsor. The fact that Nationwide will continue its investment across our sport – in a variety of ways and for many years to come – is encouraging and speaks to the power of NASCAR as a marketing platform.”

From Here. http://workingonmyredneck.com/index...nwide-insurance-leaves-the-series-after-2014/

Yes but not as a primary sponsor. They may sponsor a race or a car for a special event, but never again as a primary sponsor
If you know that for certain then post a link. Also you said in other posts that NAPA was "Leaving" the sport, not just cutting back as you just stated.

Folks here don't seem aware of the story of the scorpion and the fox. Go ahead and scare the sponsors. See where that gets you. If you want your local gas station to be a primary sponsor, you're on the right track.

This scandal is great. It makes for a great show. It's entertaining. It adds drama. And thanks to NASCAR, folks will be talking about this amazing year for decades to come.

If you know that for certain then post a link. Also you said in other posts that NAPA was "Leaving" the sport, not just cutting back as you just stated.

I'll give you that, but it doesn't change the heart of what I meant. Napa wanted out, they saw their opportunity and took it. "if" they come back it will not be as a full time primary sponsor, you read here first.

Last edited:
I'll give you that, but it doesn't change the heart of what I meant. Napa wanted out, they saw their oppotunity and took it. "if" they come back it will not be as a full time primary sponsor, you read here first.
Nah, its been a wild guess all over the internet for days.

If NAPA wanted to get out of the sport so badly why did they just resign with MWR in late 2012? The easiest explanation for such a sudden decision is the race-fixing scandal and fallout.

Watch for a third car @ EGR.....NAPA as the sponsor....Truex the wheelman...

Watch for a third car @ EGR.....NAPA as the sponsor....Truex the wheelman...
That'd be badass.

I find it very hard to believe NAPA wants out. They are right where they want to be. They can now go to pretty much any damn team they want to, and probably for cheaper .

NAPA had a lot invested in it's Nascar sponsorship and received a hefty amount of exposure for it so I can't imagine why they'd want out completely.

I understand wanting to distance themselves from MWR but on the flip side of that, what would the fallout be for jumping ship altogether? Fans may support leaving MWR but how would they feel about NAPA abandoned Nascar completely and would they swiftly return NAPA the favour?

NAPA had a lot invested in it's Nascar sponsorship and received a hefty amount of exposure for it so I can't imagine why they'd want out completely.

I understand wanting to distance themselves from MWR but on the flip side of that, what would the fallout be for jumping ship altogether? Fans may support leaving MWR but how would they feel about NAPA abandoned Nascar completely and would they swiftly return NAPA the favour?
That's why they need to go back to where they came from. When Mikey stole NAPA from Theresa Earnhardt that put her in a bad spot for funding...Yea...I know, it's part of the game in NASCRAP....

That's why they need to go back to where they came from. When Mikey stole NAPA from Theresa Earnhardt that put her in a bad spot for funding...Yea...I know, it's part of the game in NASCRAP....

Theresa was in over her head and wanted to get out of that position anyway.

Not sure exactly how this got to DEI but NAPA staying with Waltrip is not stealing. Besides, DEI picked up Bass Pro Shop and Martin Truex when MW left. Budweiser, Bass Pro Shop and Menards were the main sponsors after Waltrip's exit. Not exactly chump change but I guess we're all free to rewrite history if we like.

Not sure exactly how this got to DEI but NAPA staying with Waltrip is not stealing. Besides, DEI picked up Bass Pro Shop and Martin Truex when MW left. Budweiser, Bass Pro Shop and Menards were the main sponsors after Waltrip's exit. Not exactly chump change but I guess we're all free to rewrite history if we like.
:D

cool. Can I try too?

napa left DEI because Jr told them to. Then Jr fausly accused Bowyer of spinning intentionally, then used that as an excuse to tell napa to leave MWR.

All of this happened for one reason. Back in 2006, Jr knew he would need a sponsor in 2014, and is now trying to get napa on his team.

NAPA left in 2006
Bud left in 2007
Menards was a part time sponsor in 2007
Menards left in 2008 went to RYR
DEI merged with Ganassi in 2008

The loss of those 3 sponsors cost DEI somewhere between $30-35 million

Last edited by a moderator:
cool. Can I try too?

napa left DEI because Jr told them to. Then Jr fausly accused Bowyer of spinning intentionally, then used that as an excuse to tell napa to leave MWR.

All of this happened for one reason. Back in 2006, Jr knew he would need a sponsor in 2014, and is now trying to get napa on his team.

Junior is hurting for sponsorships? NO WAI

cool. Can I try too?

John Grisham is that you?

NAPA left in 2006
Bud left in 2007

How is that stealing? Business is business. Michael Waltrip was the face of NAPA & NASCAR. The casual fan doesn't know who owns Michael Waltrip's car, but they did know that Michael Waltrip is the NAPA driver. Besides, Teresa was a terrible businesswoman. She was in over her head from the start.

cool. Can I try too?

Be a bitch if Napa went with the 88 next year, perfect fit, Jr. singing Napa know how, speaking of which all of the Napa commercials today are new to me, no mention or appearance of anybody connected with MWR.

Be a bitch if Napa went with the 88 next year, perfect fit, Jr. singing Napa know how, speaking of which all of the Napa commercials today are new to me, no mention or appearance of anybody connected with MWR.
NAPA is doing all they can to distance themselves from MWR.

NAPA left in 2006
Bud left in 2007

I think the loss of Jr caused all that.

Also it'd be funny if 5-Hour Energy leaves and decides to sponsor Jeff in some races. :D

Either way, that is a top tier team. Losing any of those three cars would be a blow to the sport. Regardless of how douchey their owner is..
No disagree, that won't happen, some one will come along and buy the team or absorb it, and everything will be fine.

And have a heart attack in the process? lol

I used to be an avid 5-Hour Energy drinker before that came to light.

I've never tried any of those drinks and the smell of Red Bull is enough for me.

I don't want to see MWR fail. Many people around here have commented about how what went on at Richmond was nothing new and it's not.
However it was so blatant Nascar had no choice but to react. They simply made an example out of MWR.

I don't want to see MWR fail. Many people around here have commented about how what went on at Richmond was nothing new and it's not.
However it was so blatant Nascar had no choice but to react. They simply made an example out of MWR.

I agree. We all know that the spin has been done before. Going slow to let a friend pass? Done before. Pitting to give a friend track position? Check.

Doing ALL of that to beat 1 guy turned the chase into a damn circus. I still wish nascar had the sense to call that spin what it was and penalize MWR for THAT, then penalize them for turning the 55 and 15 into clown cars. If Mikey can't understand that hitting the cheap button so many times in one race is a case of Galactic jackassery, kick him out of the sport for a year and let him think about it.

I agree. We all know that the spin has been done before. Going slow to let a friend pass? Done before. Pitting to give a friend track position? Check.

Doing ALL of that to beat 1 guy turned the chase into a damn circus. I still wish nascar had the sense to call that spin what it was and penalize MWR for THAT, then penalize them for turning the 55 and 15 into clown cars. If Mikey can't understand that hitting the cheap button so many times in one race is a case of Galactic jackassery, kick him out of the sport for a year and let him think about it.

You're all over the place on this subject. lol

One day you're fine with it and another you're against it. Make up your mind Bumper.

Back
Top Bottom