Nascar 14 - Video Game

Personally I think that the makers of the game, Eutechnyx, realize that the door is getting ready to hit them in the a$$ on their way out of the NASCAR game business and they don't want to invest the time/$'s into development that they'll never profit from. Having played just about ever single version of NASCAR sims that have ever been produced, this one joins a long line of subpar games. Game being the key word. Get a sim out there that everyone can play.

This only happens if iracing starts making for the consoles. This very well could happen with the PS4. Everything I've read about the PS4 pretty much states that Sony developed it with the developers in mind and that it would be an easy console to develop for. Very close to developing for the PC.

So do I buy this game or no?

Can you atleast track your stats as you progress through your career?

Okay... I submit.... worst game ever! Not only do I have no intentions of buying another NASCAR video game. Im bring this one back to trade in for NASCAR 09.. where you start in the trucks and work ur way to cup and theres no online racing! No explanation... just hate it... don't buy it!

Got the game on Friday. Played it a little bit over the weekend and last night. I am disappointed there is no Nationwide or Truck series, you just start in cup. I haven't played online yet but I am wondering if I even should.

When I got this game, I hated it. Now I actually really like it. The key to everything is:

1- You need to suspend all disbelief when it comes to body damage. It's horrendous once again. It's damn near impossible to DNF which makes it pretty unrealistic.

2- You need to survive the first two laps of kamikaze dives by literally all 42 other drivers. If you can somehow avoid the craziness of the first green flag, the game plays pretty realistically. I chased down a 11th place finish at California and enjoyed myself more than any other game I've ever played.

3- Finishing in the top ten is still rewarding. While the no DNF thing is incredibly unrealistic... it actually makes it harder on you because you can't spin late and have a good finish. Too many cars on the lead lap.

4- FIND YOUR IDEAL AI PERCENTAGE. Mine is either 70 or 80 percent. At that level, every race is really competitive for me.

When I got this game, I hated it. Now I actually really like it. The key to everything is:

1- You need to suspend all disbelief when it comes to body damage. It's horrendous once again. It's damn near impossible to DNF which makes it pretty unrealistic.

2- You need to survive the first two laps of kamikaze dives by literally all 42 other drivers. If you can somehow avoid the craziness of the first green flag, the game plays pretty realistically. I chased down a 11th place finish at California and enjoyed myself more than any other game I've ever played.

3- Finishing in the top ten is still rewarding. While the no DNF thing is incredibly unrealistic... it actually makes it harder on you because you can't spin late and have a good finish. Too many cars on the lead lap.

4- FIND YOUR IDEAL AI PERCENTAGE. Mine is either 70 or 80 percent. At that level, every race is really competitive for me.

Thanks for the detail. During your career can you track your stats? There was no stat features at all really last year. Kind of bummed me out.

This was definitely my biggest gripe with the game. The AI just runs stupidly, impossibly hard into the turns, and they will literally slam right through you if they feel so inclined. I heard something about a patch potentially being released to do something with the AI, but I wasn't waiting around for that.

This was definitely my biggest gripe with the game. The AI just runs stupidly, impossibly hard into the turns, and they will literally slam right through you if they feel so inclined. I heard something about a patch potentially being released to do something with the AI, but I wasn't waiting around for that.
They released patches for their last few games (also after months of waiting) and they didn't fix crap.

Well... I packed it up and headed to my local video game buy and sell only to find out they're closed forever lol... Soooo I kept it. Guess I'll just get on every once in a while and run some laps. When I find it Im going to buy NASCAR 09 though... I like working my way up through trucks and NNS.. Last time I played that one I got to Indy in NNS and the game kept freezing in the loading screen so I stopped playing but it was by far my favorite out of the recent titles.

Okay... I submit.... worst game ever! Not only do I have no intentions of buying another NASCAR video game. Im bring this one back to trade in for NASCAR 09.. where you start in the trucks and work ur way to cup and theres no online racing! No explanation... just hate it... don't buy it!
Glad to hear you finally came over to the dark side.

Can we now all agree that Eutechnyx should not have been the developer of this game? They may know other sports but they don't know NASCAR. They had a great sport to work with but they were never able to do it justice. Next please.

Glad to hear you finally came over to the dark side.

Can we now all agree that Eutechnyx should not have been the developer of this game? They may know other sports but they don't know NASCAR. They had a great sport to work with but they were never able to do it justice. Next please.
Yuup.... Eutechnyx and Activision brought this game forward in graphics and back to the stone age as far as logic and physics. Good job Eutechnyx :dual9mm:

I have been playing most the afternoon I have run into a number of gripes.

- When restarting it is almost impossible not to spin the tires and go sideways
- If you spin the tires or blow one turn you go from 1st to 40th in less than a lap.
- During practice at Richmond I can not run the bottom grove or it says I was trying to enter the pits
- Dover Race a car driving by itself suddenly started flipping over.
- Unrealistic damage. The #22 car flipped over and about 10 laps latter it was running inside the top 10.
- Running by yourself can defeat the draft. I had a 2 second lead at Talladega and looked in my mirror to see 4 cars running a single file draft behind and thought I was going to get passed but the distance never got below 2 seconds.
- Ryan Reed in the #16. I don't mind having Nationwide or Truck drivers in the race but we don't need 2 cars with the same number running on track.
- There is a glitch at Bristol I went down the wrong pit road and the car continued to circle through the pits for 10 laps without servicing the car. I had to restart the race because it would never service the car.
- Random pitting under caution. I noticed several cars will pit everytime, during a race earlier at Dover I was running in 15th when I caution came out with 2 to go. 3 cars ahead of me pitted and another caution came out and 3 more cars ahead of me pitted.
- Kansas race mystery pit stop? I was running a miserable 30th on the last lap when half the cars entered pit road on the last lap giving me a top 15 finish.
- Martinsville I tried multiple setups but I can't even be competitive there.
- Martin Truex Jr. seems to be the greatest driver. 13 races into the career and he has 13 top 10's

The good news is, a new patch update is coming out soon http://nascar14.etxracing.com/news/227/NASCAR-14---Full-patch-notes.html

Hopefully many things I mentioned get patched and I like to see the addition of the drivers and cars.

I'm still learning how to setup my car...

I'll tell you the base setups are freaking horrible. You're too tight... EVERYWHERE! Entrance, middle, and exit of corners. Especially at Martinsville, the damn car near undriveable.

Could someone give me the run-round with setups. I want to learn and I need to. I paid 40 bucks for it... I feel like a major dumbass for paying that much...

I'm still learning how to setup my car...

I'll tell you the base setups are freaking horrible. You're too tight... EVERYWHERE! Entrance, middle, and exit of corners. Especially at Martinsville, the damn car near undriveable.

Could someone give me the run-round with setups. I want to learn and I need to. I paid 40 bucks for it... I feel like a major dumbass for paying that much...

Go WAYYYYYY up on the track bar.

I really want to play a Nascar game on my ps3 with current teams but its hard to justfiy more then $25 on this game.. pisses me off since I have a amazon gift card for $25 dollars lol.

Man, I loved Nascar Thunder back in the day.

I can honestly say this will probably be the last ETX game I will buy...their support of this one has been ridiculous.

Alright after struggling to try to like this game for the last month or so I broke down and bought NASCAR 05 for Xbox and I'm having a blast.

Way more immersive. The racing is fair (unless you piss somebody off) and you get to move up the ranks as you find success. Modern games could learn from NASCAR Thunder, NASCAR 05 and IndyCar racing 2005

Alright after struggling to try to like this game for the last month or so I broke down and bought NASCAR 05 for Xbox and I'm having a blast.

Way more immersive. The racing is fair (unless you piss somebody off) and you get to move up the ranks as you find success. Modern games could learn from NASCAR Thunder, NASCAR 05 and IndyCar racing 2005
Even NASCAR 09 puts you in a no name truck and makes u work your way up. Ill probably get that soon. I tried a few weeks ago when I happened to be at the mall but they didn't have it at EB Games.

NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup was probably my favorite game in EA's NASCAR series. I especially liked the Nationwide (Busch) series in that game. For some reason I always did the best in those cars.

I never played that IndyCar game you mentioned, but I wish somebody would make a new one. I'd definitely play something like that if it was half decent.

Gran Turismo has been doing that for decades.

The problem with Grand Turismo is that it's not as rewarding to those who wish they were real race car drivers. GT is only popular in Europe (as a racing series). I want to feel like a NASCAR driver.

NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup was probably my favorite game in EA's NASCAR series. I especially liked the Nationwide (Busch) series in that game. For some reason I always did the best in those cars.

I never played that IndyCar game you mentioned, but I wish somebody would make a new one. I'd definitely play something like that if it was half decent.

I was literally nervous the last ten laps of my first truck race. Nervous. I have a real job. That's how real this game feels. (Chase for the Cup '05)

Just curious, does NASCAR 14 do the highlights like Inside line did where you can race certain scenarios from each race? If so, are they pretty fun this year? I stink at them in Inside line, but they are fun. I'm still trying to beat Jimmie at Atlanta with the loose Gordon car. He freaking cheats lol.

Back
Top Bottom