NASCAR 2013 - BOLD Prediction Thread

Predictions so far.....
#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart

AndyMarquisLive - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. will win at least one Cup race this season.

Blaze88 - Danica wins one of the four Plate races.

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

buckaroo - Ambrose will win at least two races.

Bucky Badger - There will be no first time winners in a cup race this year.

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dpkimmel2001 - 2013 Sprint Cup Champion, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

dirtguru - Joey Lagano will make the Chase.

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 10 or more races in 2013.

getadietdew - All 4 HMS cars in top 10 prechase.

GrizzlyBearBob - Danica Patrick will make the Chase!

Jeffrey00 - Joey Logano will finish 20th or worse in the Cup points standings for 2013.

JimmieGordon2448 - Not one Roush driver will make the chase.

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship.

kkfan91 - Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

MOEJOE - Travis Pastrana will finish top five in points in the Nationwide Series this season.

MoparFan13 - RCR, FRM, Andretti Motorsports and RPM will announce they'll be driving Dodges in 2014

MRM - A JGR driver will win the championship.

nascage - Tony Stewart will win his first Daytona 500.

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

racer8 - Dale jr the champ

robbybee - Brad Keslowski will repeat as Sprint Cup Champion in 2013.

SlicedBread22 - Joey Logano wins at least once in all 3 top series in 2013.

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup.

SpeedPagan - Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase.

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase.

ted@economy - Jeff Burton will win a Cup race this year.

Thegroundpounder99 - Kurt Busch will win 2 races and qualify for the Chase.

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion.

Zerkfitting - Ambrose will make the Chase.
Subject to change.

Logano would be hard pressed to win an ass kicking contest against a one legged man but that's what makes the predictions bold, I guess.

IMO, Penske should get a jump on things and start interviewing fabricators ASAP.

Logano would be hard pressed to win an ass kicking contest against a one legged man but that's what makes the predictions bold, I guess.

IMO, Penske should get a jump on things and start interviewing fabricators ASAP.

o_O Kinda odd thing to say about a guy with a low wreck rate.

Glad someone brought that up. I kinda wondered about that statement myself. The guy ran a total of 58 races last year in Cup/Nationwide and finished in the garage a total of 3 times. That doesn't seem all that bad.

I guess it's just one of those things people say without thinking. A quick glance shows under 10 cup wrecks in his career.

Logano is going to bend some sheet metal and you guys jumping on the Logano bandwagon isn't going to change that. The guy fluked a rain race, moved old man Martin out the way for a Pocono win, has a lower finishing average than starting average and has never finished higher than 16th in points.

So maybe you guys should think some before fawning too much over Logano :D

Logano is going to bend some sheet metal and you guys jumping on the Logano bandwagon isn't going to change that. The guy fluked a rain race, moved old man Martin out the way for a Pocono win, has a lower finishing average than starting average and has never finished higher than 16th in points.

Hmmmm, no wrecking evidence presented. I know it sucks when you can't back up what you say, but why attack us?

P.S. I know that's a forced smile.

I agree with your assessment , but this is the time in a young drivers career when things come together .Make it or break it time, I think that he is the right age and experience level to be able to bond with Brad and be invaluable as a teammate . Together ,they should both be better.Time will tell.

Hmmmm, no wrecking evidence presented. I know it sucks when you can't back up what you say, but why attack us?

P.S. I know that's a forced smile.
When it said that I've posted without thinking, I feel justified to defend myself.

There's no "wrecking evidence" to offer 'cause there's none find nor did I say he did wreck. I said he will bend some sheet metal - just an opinion and not intended to ruffle feathers.

Is there any evidence to suggest that Logano is all of a sudden some great cup diver? Nothing in his career stats have changed.

When it said that I've posted without thinking, I feel justified to defend myself.

There's no "wrecking evidence" to offer 'cause there's none find nor did I say he did wreck. I said he will bend some sheet metal - just an opinion and not intended to ruffle feathers.

Is there any evidence to suggest that Logano is all of a sudden some great cup diver? Nothing in his career stats have changed.

Ok. I didn't realise you believed Penske didn't already have sheet metal workers. :rolleyes:

Nobody said Logano is or will be great, but there isn't any reason for me to believe he will bend more than the normal amount of sheet metal. Just to be clear, many an average driver wrecks an average amount, so I'm not suggesting he will become great. Not yet, but I'll be sure and let you know when I'm ready to take the leap. I have an eye for talent. I was right about that new champ...whats his name...

Ok. I didn't realise you believed Penske didn't already have sheet metal workers. :rolleyes:

Nobody said Logano is or will be great, but there isn't any reason for me to believe he will bend more than the normal amount of sheet metal. Just to be clear, many an average driver wrecks an average amount, so I'm not suggesting he will become great. Not yet, but I'll be sure and let you know when I'm ready to take the leap. I have an eye for talent. I was right about that new champ...whats his name...

Didn't you once refer to Logano as "wet bread?"

popcorn-yes.gif

Didn't you once refer to Logano as "wet bread?"

YES! Now you're getting it. I NEVER said he would become GREAT overnight. That doesn't mean I'm going to infer he's something he isn't. I'm sorry if I offended you, but I just didn't like seeing him thrown in with the real metal rippers.

My take on Logano has remained consistant for the past 3 years. He isn't aggressive enough and allows himself to get pushed around. When he finally got some nerve with Newman, he messed it all up with the things he said afterward. If he does become more aggressive this year, he may get in some rivalries. Maybe that's what you meant.

YES! Now you're getting it. I NEVER said he would become GREAT overnight. That doesn't mean I'm going to infer he's something he isn't. I'm sorry if I offended you, but I just didn't like seeing him thrown in with the real metal rippers.

My take on Logano has remained consistant for the past 3 years. He isn't aggressive enough and allows himself to get pushed around. When he finally got some nerve with Newman, he messed it all up with the things he said afterward. If he does become more aggressive this year, he may get in some rivalries. Maybe that's what you meant.

And THAT right there is why I think he's going to wreck some gear - by getting aggressive.

And THAT right there is why I think he's going to wreck some gear - by getting aggressive.

I think a little aggression will do him a world of good, he was aggressive in the Nationwide series and look what a year he had.. started to bring that to cup and it showed..he had a pretty damn good chase.. also i would like to say I do believe that Logano will become great! Maybe not this year, but theres no way someone can win that much (NNS or not) in one year, get a new top notch ride with the defending champ as a team mate(hand picked) and not get at least a little better..i think all he needed was a boost of cinfidence and he got it... sorry to bring joey back up i missed the whole thing lol

Predictions so far.....
#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart

AndyMarquisLive - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. will win at least one Cup race this season.

Blaze88 - Danica wins one of the four Plate races.

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

buckaroo - Ambrose will win at least two races.

Bucky Badger - There will be no first time winners in a cup race this year.

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dpkimmel2001 - 2013 Sprint Cup Champion, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

dirtguru - Joey Lagano will make the Chase.

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 10 or more races in 2013.

getadietdew - All 4 HMS cars in top 10 prechase.

GrizzlyBearBob - Danica Patrick will make the Chase!

Jeffrey00 - Joey Logano will finish 20th or worse in the Cup points standings for 2013.

JimmieGordon2448 - Not one Roush driver will make the chase.

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship.

kkfan91 - Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

MOEJOE - Travis Pastrana will finish top five in points in the Nationwide Series this season.

MoparFan13 - RCR, FRM, Andretti Motorsports and RPM will announce they'll be driving Dodges in 2014

MRM - A JGR driver will win the championship.

nascage - Tony Stewart will win his first Daytona 500.

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

racer8 - Dale jr the champ

robbybee - Brad Keslowski will repeat as Sprint Cup Champion in 2013.

SlicedBread22 - Joey Logano wins at least once in all 3 top series in 2013.

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup.

SpeedPagan - Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase.

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase.

ted@economy - Jeff Burton will win a Cup race this year.

Thegroundpounder99 - Kurt Busch will win 2 races and qualify for the Chase.

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion.

Zerkfitting - Ambrose will make the Chase.
Subject to change.

Back
Top Bottom