NASCAR 2017 - BOLD Prediction Thread

We have 69 total entrants. The top 40 plus all highlighted yellow users (43 total) automatically advance to the final round. That means 26 predictions are up for grabs to fill the final 7 spots. A vote thread will be created shortly..

upload_2017-2-24_0-16-54.png

The race will be run tomorrow. Heat races and novelty events are irrelevant.

Presumably the siren remained silent.

Well, after the first segment of the first race, I'm on track for my prediction to come true. Thank you Kyle Busch. I still don't like you but thanks all the same.

None of the 36 points-paying Cup races will be won by a car that starts the race on the front row.

I'm out.

Truex Jr. started on the outside pole at Las Vegas and went on to win the race.

Haven't checked in on your pick yet ?

wut's up wit dat ?

I am keeping track of all predictions and will be updating everyone with current prediction statuses periodically...just haven't had enough time recently to get on my desktop computer to work with the Excel spreadsheet. :)

And since there were basically no participants in the voting thread, I think it's only fair that ALL predictions be included. I'm signing an executive order on that rule.

I am keeping track of all predictions and will be updating everyone with current prediction statuses periodically...just haven't had enough time recently to get on my desktop computer to work with the Excel spreadsheet. :)

And since there were basically no participants in the voting thread, I think it's only fair that ALL predictions be included. I'm signing an executive order on that rule.

I know how time consuming running a quality game can be so I fully understand that @RacerrecaR hasn't had a chance to update this monstrous game board.

With that said, and considering the nature of the Bold Prediction game, I thought that each player could provide an update on his or her bold prediction, thereby saving @RacerrecaR the time involved in researching the current status of 69 wacked out ideas.

Time permitting, @RacerrecaR could then possibly update the game board periodically.

If you're up for it, your update should first quote your prediction and then provide the current status: TRUE, FALSE, or STILL TO BE DETERMINED.

Then, just to keep it on the up & up, provide some information as to why the prediction is true or false. If it's still to be determined, some kind of status update could be thrown in.

Here's mine:
None of the 36 points-paying Cup races will be won by a car that starts the race on the front row.

FALSE - Martin Truex Jr. started on the outside pole at Las Vegas and went on to win the race.

next . . .

Bold Prediction: Chase Elliott will win four or more races and make the final four in the chase.

Still to be determined.

Chase and Kasey win at least 2 cup races.

Tbd, but given the performance of the 5 in trouble

BOLD PREDICTION: MATT DIBENEDETTO WILL WIN THE CUP SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP

To Be Determined, but after tonight it's not looking great. Either the Glen or Bristol will be his last semi-realistic chances to get into the Chase at all, and both are longer than tonight was.

Update.....

BOLD PREDICTION: 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Champion Kyle Busch will win the most Segment Points this season.

Kyle continues to let me down. Never been a fan of his and his lack of success against the big boys only furthers this divide. Come on Kyle, let's at least rack up segment points. The 'real track' part of the schedule is coming up. Let's start producing.

Update.....

BOLD PREDICTION: 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Champion Kyle Busch will win the most Segment Points this season.

Kyle continues to let me down. Never been a fan of his and his lack of success against the big boys only furthers this divide. Come on Kyle, let's at least rack up segment points. The 'real track' part of the schedule is coming up. Let's start producing.
:D

Bold Prediction: Team Penske (2, 22) will win more Cup races than any other organization.

Still to be determined, currently Penske and Hendrick are tied at three each, while Childress and Ganassi and SHR and Roush and Furniture Row have two each. Wood Brothers has one. I'm feeling confident... :D

Sigh with 10 to go last night mine was looking up

Many, but not all, of the predictions relate to season ending scenarios, including these.

A lot of events to be run before I'm out.
At the end of the season, Patrick will have scored more points than at least one Roush driver.

Mine was wrong on both counts, much to my delight
Alright, here's my actual prediction...

Jimmie Johnson goes winless, announces retirement before season end

There, some positive hedging should my boy sh!t the bed and call it quits ;)

Sigh with 10 to go last night mine was looking up
Bold Prediction: Chase Elliott and Kasey Kahne win at least 2 cup races

My prediction is looking pretty damn good right now.
Kyle Larson will win the NASCAR Cup Championship

We have 69 total entrants.View attachment 25229

Considering the nature of the Bold Prediction game, I thought that each player could provide an update on his or her bold prediction, thereby saving @RacerrecaR the time involved in researching the current status of 69 wacked out ideas.

If you're up for it, your update should first quote your prediction and then provide the current status: TRUE, FALSE, or STILL TO BE DETERMINED.

Then, just to keep it on the up & up, provide some information as to why the prediction is true or false. If it's still to be determined, some kind of status update could be thrown in.

Here's mine:

"None of the 36 points-paying Cup races will be won by a car that starts the race on the front row."

FALSE - Martin Truex Jr. started on the outside pole at Las Vegas and went on to win the race.

A few others:
Mine:

Kyle Busch doesn't win an xfinity series race.

False. He's won this season.

I picked the wrong series.....:D

Bold prediction: At least three drivers will get their first cup series wins thus season.

Hey, I'd forgotten all about my prediction. It may not have been very bold, but I was right.

How are you doing ?

Back
Top Bottom