NASCAR 2017 - BOLD Prediction Thread

Bold Prediction: Chase Elliott will win four or more races and make the final four in the chase.

Still to be determined.

Bold Prediction: We will have 16 different winners making up the playoff field

Close, but no cigar. I'll be back next year!

Bold Prediction: Team Penske (2, 22) will win more Cup races than any other organization.

LOL. Still to be determined... but no chance.

Considering the nature of the Bold Prediction game, I thought that each player could provide an update on his or her bold prediction, thereby saving @RacerrecaR the time involved in researching the current status of 69 wacked out ideas.

If you're up for it, your update should first quote your prediction and then provide the current status: TRUE, FALSE, or STILL TO BE DETERMINED.

Then, just to keep it on the up & up, provide some information as to why the prediction is true or false. If it's still to be determined, some kind of status update could be thrown in.

Here's mine:

"None of the 36 points-paying Cup races will be won by a car that starts the race on the front row."

FALSE - Martin Truex Jr. started on the outside pole at Las Vegas and went on to win the race.

A few others:

How are you doing ?
I got lucky. If o would have named the three. I would have been wrong.

Well thought Kyle Larson was going to have a break out year and he did but Martin Truex Jr. had an even better year and spoiled my bold prediction. I'll try again next year.

Bold prediction "Danica Patrick makes the final four"

I'm out.

Still in

Chase Elliott and Kasey Kahne win at least 2 races.

What I thought was the harder part of that is out of the way, just need Chase to come through

Still in

Chase Elliott and Kasey Kahne win at least 2 races.

What I thought was the harder part of that is out of the way, just need Chase to come through
Two each or two total? If it's total I'd say you could still pull it off.. but for Chase to win two AND Kahne to win another.. that's a bit of a stretch.

Two each or two total? If it's total I'd say you could still pull it off.. but for Chase to win two AND Kahne to win another.. that's a bit of a stretch.
2 total

Managed to do a crude update of the Bold Predictions list.

red outline = wrong / green outline = right / no outline = to be determined / yellow highlight = just ignore

Accuracy not guaranteed . . .

~ Bold Predictions thru Loudon #2.jpg

Yeah, I probably should've picked Kasey Kahne, I would've lasted longer. Oh well, I'll try again next year, Reed Sorenson is looking really promising for 2018 Cup Champ...

weather prediction for Charlotte:
Sunday - 70%
Sun. night - 70%
Monday - 50%
Mon. night - 40%
Tue & night - same as Mon.

NWS - http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=NCZ072&zflg=1

from the Bold Prediction list:
All green flags in the Monster Energy Series will drop on scheduled day.

Was gonna say that this weekend could ruin his prediction until I remembered that he got proved wrong earlier when the spring Bristol race got pushed to Monday due to rain. :wacko:

Dug a little deeper into the predictions and managed to further update the list.

green outline = right / red outline = wrong / black outline = too vague or impossible to determine / no outline = to be determined / yellow highlight = just ignore

~ Bold Predictions scored thru Dover #2.jpg

Bold Prediction: Chase Elliott will win four or more races and make the final four in the chase.

I'm out.

I got to say I'm impressed with Slicebread 22s prediction. If Johnson or Elliot don't win Sunday a Chevy won't be in the hunt at Homestead. I can't remember a time when a Chevy wasn't in the top 4 in points or chase before.

:) bump

lost my own fantasy game, pick em game on here, another I paid $20 for the year and Joey had a pretty forgettable season.. Maybe I can still win this lol

Updated list with 8 predictions apparently being right.

green outline = right / red outline = wrong / black outline = too vague or impossible to determine / yellow highlight = just ignore

~ Bold Predictions Final.jpg

I think you can outline mine with red, instead of black. I don't think everyone is happy with segment racing. If it wasn't for that I might of had a winner.

Truex and Stenhouse both get my vote. The fact Ricky won 2 makes MARKMARTINFAN the winner this year.

Back
Top Bottom