NASCAR 2019 - Bold Prediction Thread

@donthaveanickname

That last one regarding the decades in which race winners were born has to be considered as two predictions which means that you're over the limit.

something's gotta go
OK, then I'm just going with

Morgan Shepherd finishes a Cup race.
There will be at least one race winner born in the 1960s or earlier and
at least one race winner born in the 2000s.
(Cup, Xfinity or Trucks)

Jimmie Johnson wins his 8th championship.
Morgan Shepherd finishes a Cup race.
There will be at least one race winner born in the 1960s or earlier and at least one race winner born in the 2000s. (Cup, Xfinity or Trucks)
Did you mean Morgan will finish an Xfinity race? He hasn't started a Cup race in years.

Did you mean Morgan will finish an Xfinity race? He hasn't started a Cup race in years.
Last time he finished an Xfinity race was 2013, but he finished a Cup race at New Hampshire in 2014 (where he wrecked Logano).
Or would you have expected Mike Wallace to run in Cup again?
^ That is what makes it the winner if true. :D
Exactly.

Last time he finished an Xfinity race was 2013, but he finished a Cup race at New Hampshire in 2014 (where he wrecked Logano).
Or would you have expected Mike Wallace to run in Cup again?
Well, at least it's a prediction that won't be eliminated until the green drops at Homestead. I dunno if that's better or worse than predicting he'll win the Daytona 500 and getting put out of your misery promptly. Of course, by the time they get to Homestead, JJ will have failed to make the final four; that one will put you out before the Homestead entry list is released without Morgan's name on it.​

By the time they get to Homestead, JJ will have failed to make the final four; that one will put you out before the Homestead entry list is released.
upload_2019-2-3_11-36-35.jpeg

Like that, did ya? Hold my cider and watch this:

Brian France will be arrested for DUI and subsequently released from his NASCAR duties.
Furniture Row will close shop
Kasey Kahne will get out of the car before the Chase starts.

Pretty good, huh?

Oh, wait, what year is this again?

So I don't get tossed on a technicality I should have said 4 non-points paying races.

1 - The Clash
2 - 150 Daytona Qualifiers
1 - All Star Race

My prediction: one driver (at least) that made the playoffs last year will not finish the season in the car (either contract/silly-season stuff or medical).

In other words, a playoff driver will be out of the car before Homestead.

My prediction: one driver (at least) that made the playoffs last year will not finish the season in the car (either contract/silly-season stuff or medical).

In other words, a playoff driver will be out of the car before Homestead.

@superchuck500

Because several drivers that made the playoffs last year are already out of the car they drove last year, I'm taking your prediction as:

At least one driver that made the playoffs last season will, before Homestead, be out of the car that he started this season in.

@superchuck500

Because several drivers that made the playoffs last year are already out of the car they drove last year, I'm taking your prediction as:

At least one driver that made the playoffs last season will, before Homestead, be out of the car that he started this season in.

Yessir - out (before season’s end) of the car he starts the season in. Thanks!

@pjmolo can I alter my predictions slightly to give myself a better chance of winning?

Prediction #!: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. wins the Daytona 500 & the Brickyard in the same season.

Prediction #2: Kurt Busch looks like his old self, winning at least 4 races.

Prediction #3: Kurt Busch wins the championship in surprising fashion.

Thoughts?

@pjmolo can I alter my predictions slightly to give myself a better chance of winning?

Prediction #!: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. wins the Daytona 500 & the Brickyard in the same season.

Prediction #2: Kurt Busch looks like his old self, winning at least 4 races.

Prediction #3: Kurt Busch wins the championship in surprising fashion.

Thoughts?

@Elliott_Fan_9

Looks like a winner, at least until the checkered flag flies to end the 500 next Sunday . . . . :D

Just a reminder that the deadline for submitting a prediction (or changing a prediction previously submitted) is the dropping of green flag at Daytona this weekend for the race series that the prediction concerns.

Also, the time frame for predictions is that it must concern an event that is predicted to occur sometime after the prediction is made up until the end of the final race of the season.

It's good to be King . . .

So as to allow for the posting of all submitted predictions prior to the NASCAR Ganders Outdoors Truck Series race on Friday night, the deadline for the submittal of predictions has been moved up to Friday, February 15th, noon Eastern time.

Predictions must be specific and something that can be easily verified..

Moving my BOLD Prediction of “Rockingham returns to the NASCAR Xfinity/Trucks Series Schedule” off this year and to a later TBD. Just going with my Jeffrey Earnhardt prediction for this year which is.... BOLD Prediction: Jeffrey Earnhardt wins an Xfinity Series Race in JGR Equipment

Moving my BOLD Prediction of “Rockingham returns to the NASCAR Xfinity/Trucks Series Schedule” off this year and to a later TBD. Just going with my Jeffrey Earnhardt prediction for this year which is.... BOLD Prediction: Jeffrey Earnhardt wins an Xfinity Series Race in JGR Equipment
There's some ticket money I saved!

Based on my extensive crystal ball research for the "pick the winner of every race" game, I have discovered that Kyle Busch will not win a race until the playoffs begin.

Please wipe out all of my previous predictions, and replace with "Kyle Busch will not win a race before the playoffs begin".

upload_2019-2-3_11-36-35-jpeg.38931

Back
Top Bottom