NASCAR and RTA are "far apart" on future revenue split

Oh I think you would be surprised, people think they always can do it better but when they get to do it, they find out real quick why it was done that way in the first place.
I think I’d trust Penske, Gordon and others to do better in this sport than a bunch of entitled desk drivers.

We don’t have to agree on the fix.
We can agree that the sport is badly broken and needs new direction.
Everything has problems and from what Ive seen NASCAR is trying to accommodate the owners when at all possible

I remember Penske had to sell his speedways
I don’t think “had to” is accurate.
Perhaps a business decision.
Everything has problems and from what Ive seen NASCAR is trying to accommodate the owners when at all possible
NASCAR has been schitting the bed since the old man died. You can’t seriously tell me that this playoff bullschit is good for the sport. The car is new but it sucks; the suspension is brittle while the frame and structure are hammering driver’s brains. The aero-caused corner speeds are 12.1, detrimental to stock car racing. This car sucks, there wasn’t enough testing.
NASCAR officials aren’t driving or funding these cars, they’re just collecting the money generated by the true stars of this sport.
I like stock car racing. I don’t like the New France people. I hope for a happy medium.

I don’t think “had to” is accurate.
Perhaps a business decision.

NASCAR has been schitting the bed since the old man died. You can’t seriously tell me that this playoff bullschit is good for the sport. The car is new but it sucks; the suspension is brittle while the frame and structure are hammering driver’s brains. The aero-caused corner speeds are 12.1, detrimental to stock car racing. This car sucks, there wasn’t enough testing.
NASCAR officials aren’t driving or funding these cars, they’re just collecting the money generated by the true stars of this sport.
I like stock car racing. I don’t like the New France people. I hope for a happy medium.
NASCAR isnt going anywhere, I hate to break it to you. This has been a fantastic season with great racing.

NASCAR isnt going anywhere, I hate to break it to you. This has been a fantastic season with great racing.
The racing this year sucks.
We can agree on the longevity of NASCAR.
At least be truthful on your assessment of the quality of the racing product.
Read the rate thread for the Roval.
*edit* I edited to agree that NASCAR has a future. That doesn’t mean that the racing product is high quality. Fortunately for NASCAR they own the stock car racing brand.
IMO, the product needs new ideas and new direction that doesn’t involve stages, cautions, playoffs, etc.
I’m hopeful for change.

The racing this year sucks.
We don’t have to agree on the longevity of NASCAR.
At least be truthful on your assessment of the quality of the racing product.
Read the rate thread for the Roval.
I don’t judge an entire season by one race my friend. The racing overall has been fantastic

I don’t judge an entire season by one race my friend. The racing overall has been fantastic
It hasn’t been anything near fantastic. With all due respect, you’re sounding like a NASCAR apologist. The racing of late sucks.
I edited my previous post.

Drivers have been complaining about aero, corner speed and off-throttle time for at least a decade.
The sport is headed in the wrong direction.
Fortunately, the RTA is becoming vocal. I look forward to positive change for the sport.

It hasn’t been anything near fantastic. With all due respect, you’re sounding like a NASCAR apologist. The racing of late sucks.
I edited my previous post.
I don’t believe I asked your permission to tell me what I thought about the racing. It’s subjective if you don’t like it then don’t watch it

You don’t need permission to spew your opinion.
Not everyone will agree with you.
I didn’t ask you to, you’re the one that’s turning this into a pissing match because you don’t like my opinion so Turn your attentions to someone else

It has? Lets see, Bristol sucked, Texas sucked, the plate race fans thought Talladega sucked, the Roval sucked, everybody who was at the test says Martinsville is going to suck, what was the last raced where there was a consensus that the racing was good? Ive already forgotten.

I dont want Nascar to away, desired replacements usually dissapoint after they are given an opportunity to show what they really can do.

But the myth of Nascar being a benevolent dictatorship has run it's course. Neither side is replacable and even if they were it would take several bad years for Nascar or the Owners to transition sucessfullly to other partners.

Nascar is great at taking care of itself in order to serve it's best interest. But the owners are not powerless and the Alliance will only get better at taking care of themselves. The owners are bigger than some 7 percent or whatever the low ball number might be.

Nascar would lose whatever loyalty that remains if most of the big teams went away. Nascar and the promoters will have to make concessions. The abilty to monopolize is still strong but it aint what it used to be.

It has? Lets see, Bristol sucked, Texas sucked, the plate race fans thought Talladega sucked, the Roval sucked, everybody who was at the test says Martinsville is going to suck, what was the last raced where there was a consensus that the racing was good? Ive already forgotten.
Michigan I think was the last good race. Kansas was ok too

I think the racing quality has been a mixed bag, and very dependent on the race track. When it stinks, it really stinks. But at some tracks, we’ve seen a lot of competitive position racing, passing, etc. The drivers themselves know this Gen is new and needs refinement. Elliot spoke of a conference fellow drivers had with NASCAR recently to discuss their concerns about safety and the car itself in racing conditions.

I don’t pretend to know what is needed, but hope they are already putting concepts on paper for testing right after the season is done. More horsepower at short tracks for sure. Chassis mods, improve crinkle zones to absorb impacts, etc.

I think the racing quality has been a mixed bag, and very dependent on the race track. When it stinks, it really stinks. But at some tracks, we’ve seen a lot of competitive position racing, passing, etc. The drivers themselves know this Gen is new and needs refinement. Elliot spoke of a conference fellow drivers had with NASCAR recently to discuss their concerns about safety and the car itself in racing conditions.

I don’t pretend to know what is needed, but hope they are already putting concepts on paper for testing right after the season is done. More horsepower at short tracks for sure. Chassis mods, improve crinkle zones to absorb impacts, etc.

Yes, there HAS been some good races, but any higher percentage than we had last year? I don't know about that. If not, then what the hell are we doing? It seems like all we have done is trade off where the cars run good at. It all goes back to one thing for me. If the product isn't compelling enough to draw interest, none of the rest of this matters.

Well said. I think the racing on the 1.5’s have been greatly improved. For recent sample, I thought Michigan and Kansas were bangers. I even thought Texas wasn’t as bad as what some on here would want you to believe. The car isn’t good at short tracks though, that’s a problem. I’m not worried about roadcourses because well I don’t prefer them for Cup, so whatever happens with that is fine. Your post above is offering logical solutions to current issues facing the car

I have a couple of questions:
1. Do teams have to pay a maintenance fee or renew for the charters every season or a one time shot?

2. Do the teams buy their body panels and suspension pieces for this new car from Nascar?

When the team say they are not making a profit, I take that with a grain of salt. EXAMPLE: I know a sweet corn farmer that made 15 million dollars one season on sweet corn sales. The next season I was visiting with him and asked how'd ya do. He said he lost 7.5 million this season. (now the rest of the story), he only made 7.5 million this season. That's how these owners think also.

1. Do teams have to pay a maintenance fee or renew for the charters every season or a one time shot?

2. Do the teams buy their body panels and suspension pieces for this new car from Nascar?
Charters are a one-time purchase made by one owner from another.

Parts are purchased from NASCAR-approved suppliers, not from the sanctioning body itself.

Reactions: sdj

Parts are purchased from NASCAR-approved suppliers, not from the sanctioning body itself.

1. How much and to whom did, the original owner of a charter pay in the first place to get a charter?

2. Who decided who got the Charter/ Charters in the first place?

My guess would be that, Nastycar gets a royalty, percentage or some form of compensation from the "NASCAR Approved Suppliers", for every part supplied.

To be clear, I am just curious as to how the cash flows.

Back
Top Bottom