nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Yeah he was. He was the only one that was out there doing his job driving as hard as he could. Thanks to his team, he was screwed out of the chase.
But if not for the spin, Truex probably wouldn't have gotten in in the first place. Newman very likely would have won, and he and Kahne would have gotten the two wildcards, as they would have both had 2 wins to Truex's 1.

Yeah he was. He was the only one that was out there doing his job driving as hard as he could. Thanks to his team, he was screwed out of the chase.

That assumes neither he or his chew chief were aware of what his team intended to do. That assumes it wasn't his crew chief begging Bowyer and Vickers to sandbag. Truex didn't seem that innocent to me in his post-race interviews. I think he knew what happened.

i'm starting to wonder about you. do you truly believe mikey wrote that? have you ever heard of a public relations representative?

While not totally his own words, the PR guy has to run it by him anyway. If the PR guy got the go ahead, that means Wltrip agreed with it.

I guess it depends on whether he he knew exactly what happened when he was told that he made the chase. If he knew full well about their plan, then I don't feel bad. However, if he thought he made it while knowing nothing about the cheating, then yeah...I feel bad for him.

BTxFrVDCQAAarE5.jpg:large

I don't agree with anyone just being awarded a Chase spot...you don't know what could of happened in the closing laps, even if Bowyer didn't spin....I was hoping for removal of Truex and Bowyer from the chase and a 10 man chase this year...

Man, if I was Gordon or Truex, I'd be on the war path and wreck Bowyer's car every chance I get. I'm not talking a love tap, I'm talking DNF'ing the car at every race.

Man, if I was Gordon or Truex, I'd be on the war path and wreck Bowyer's car every chance I get. I'm not talking a love tap, I'm talking DNF'ing the car at every race.

Even Truex? If he did that, he'd be gone from MWR!

Truex wrecking Bowyer every race would be a fast track to the unemployment line.

But if not for the spin, Truex probably wouldn't have gotten in in the first place. Newman very likely would have won, and he and Kahne would have gotten the two wildcards, as they would have both had 2 wins to Truex's 1.

In retrospect, you and fender are right... Similar to the 24.. He was 6 points back of Kurt Busch after last week, 78 came in 2nd at Richmond to Gordon's 8th. Straight up had to outrace the 78 right? The 24 play calling lost them their shot(from what I understand, hearing about the final couple pit calls). It all doesn't really matter I guess. Just a dick move by the MWR camp.

be interestin if one a' you young stat guys would look that up........how many cautions w/ 7 laps ta go in last 20 richmond races?

mighta been one w/o #15's ?

be interestin if one a' you young stat guys would look that up........how many cautions w/ 7 laps ta go in last 20 richmond races?

mighta been one w/o #15's ?
3 if you're talking strictly in the last seven laps, this spring being one of them. Expand to 10-15 to go and there are a few more.

I still can't wrap my head around the phantom Bowyer penalty. Why even officially hand out a 50 point pre-chase penalty if it's going to be completely moot literally minutes later when the chase field resets? Just makes them look partially incompetent after a pleasantly surprising ruling in the first place. Yeah, I know, "no definite proof" that the spin was intentional. But this strikes me as one of those 'guilty until proven innocent' situations when the intent is so blatantly obvious. Anyway, good on them for doing something about it at all though, just can't have your cake and eat it too I guess.

But it makes me wonder... does NASCAR levy this same penalty if Bowyer spins and Vickers pits, but Newman still wins the race AND Logano still finishes in the Top 10 over Jeff Gordon based on those two spots?

According to MWR, nascar couldn't determine if Bowyers spin was intentional. All penalties were for 55 pit stop and probably those 2 going slow. nascar called them 'team penalties' and gave all 3 the same. lots and lots of room for appeal, but maybe MW knows he wouldn't get much sympathy from anyone.

Finally something we agree on 100%.

Once I saw him pitting, then pitting for 4 tires, I knew he was done.

4 tires is not going to make a big difference with 2 laps to go.

Even if he didn't pit and felt back he would most likely finish in the top 7 which would have netted him a chase spot. Dont know who was the brilliant mind behind that last pit stop.

4 tires with 2 laps to go dont matter?
Did u watch the richmond spring race?......Didnt think so.

4 tires with 2 laps to go dont matter?
Did u watch the richmond spring race?......Didnt think so.

This was a new tire though, was it not? Different circustances anyway. Gordon wasn't going for the win so its not like it mattered. Plus guys like Menard, Martin and so on stayed out and got top ten finishes out of it.

This was a new tire though, was it not? Different circustances anyway. Gordon wasn't going for the win so its not like it mattered. Plus guys like Menard, Martin and so on stayed out and got top ten finishes out of it.

The new tire was only for Atlanta. Also will be run on 1.5 mile tracks in the chase. As for the exactire combination, Im not sure. Def wasnt the tire we seen last week.

Regardless i hate bowyer, truex, gordon, vickers, newman, and logano as much as the next guy but i feel like gordon should be in with bowyer out.
Bowyer def shouldnt have gotten away without a chase penalty.

Dont care though because if u see my name, i only watch for wrecks. So ill be hoping gordon wrecks that pimple faced bowyer every race.

Regardless i hate bowyer, truex, gordon, vickers, newman, and logano as much as the next guy but i feel like gordon should be in with bowyer out.
Bowyer def shouldnt have gotten away without a chase penalty.

Dont care though because if u see my name, i only watch for wrecks. So ill be hoping gordon wrecks that pimple faced bowyer every race.

You're a douchebag.

3 if you're talking strictly in the last seven laps, this spring being one of them. Expand to 10-15 to go and there are a few more.

thanks fl.....3 in 10 yrs........not much chance they'd get a "real one" then........time ta pull tha ripcord ! ha!
never been a mikey fan.....but hey....this kinda stuff has been happenin forever. other teams just don't act as stupid as mwr did.

24 came back from 2 laps down. how lucky ! ha!

Throughout all of this, I've heard Gordon give support to Newman, and just now, support to Truex. Apparently he's not happy that Bowyer got away scotch free, and I can't blame him. However, I haven't once heard him talk about himself and how this affected him too. Newman said Bowyer called him AFTER the ruling to apologize. Funny he waited until he was basically caught.

Throughout all of this, I've heard Gordon give support to Newman, and just now, support to Truex. Apparently he's not happy that Bowyer got away scotch free, and I can't blame him. However, I haven't once heard him talk about himself and how this affected him too. Newman said Bowyer called him AFTER the ruling to apologize. Funny he waited until he was basically caught.

Yeah, I saw that too on Sportscenter. Nascar said they couldn't prove the 15 spin was intentional, but did Bowyer just out himself by calling Newman? Nascar might want to call Newman and discuss his conversation with Bowyer. Might be some new evidence to talk about.

He's trying to not come off as begging for a spot even though he has all the right to complain but he has been getting more pro-active on twitter as the night goes along.

Jeff Gordon ‏@JeffGordonWeb 6h
Phone bat going to die. Prob a good thing b4 I say something that gets me in trouble. Lastly, someone explain the "ripple effect" to me?

I think its too late for Gordon to get in now. If he was more agressive earlier than maybe NASCAR would have address his situation with more insights.

I wonder what they'll be talking about on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio this morning? I have to say that I'm surprised that they took Truex out and put Newman in. That's huge. Nice call. I'm still feeling bad for Gordon though. He got screwed in this one.

Back
Top Bottom