nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Well, it will be interesting watching Jeff Gordon these last 10 races. It's true they haven't had it this year and wouldn't have likely done much in the chase.

Now he doesn't have anything to worry about. He can deal with Clint however he prefers. Should be fun.

I just hope he doesn't go crazy like last time. No need to turn a guy head on into a wall in front of traffic. That's just insane.

SportsCenter fail:

proxy.jpg

I honestly feel bad for Martin Truex. All he did was race Gordon hard. His team did that to him.

Should have pulled Boywer from the chase over him.

Even as a Gordon fan who feels screwed by this, I'd have rather seen Boywer out, Newman in if there was no way to get Jeff in there.

Agreed. Don't want anyone else involved. And don't want anyone getting hurt.

I have a feeling Gordon will do it early, and then just race Bowyer hard the rest of the way. In the end, it was the pit stops that took Gordon out of it, not the spin.

I have a feeling Gordon will do it early, and then just race Bowyer hard the rest of the way. In the end, it was the pit stops that took Gordon out of it, not the spin.

No. It wasn't a great stop. But the stop still put Jeff in position to make the chase.

It was the whole Boywer pitting 3 times and Vickers pitting then slowing completely on track to let Logano pass both.

They were thinking rationally though Carolinabuffs.

NASCAR would be the stupid one here. How do you docked 50 points then give him the same number of points he would have anyway going into the chase?

Someone failed at math over at NASCAR.

I was out of town all weekend, STILL haven't watched the race... don't think I will. Pretty chicken**** all around. This is why playoffs in Motorsports don't work.

I still honestly believe NASCAR should add Jeff as a 13th driver to the Chase. But know that isn't gonna happen.

Finally something we agree on 100%.

Once I saw him pitting, then pitting for 4 tires, I knew he was done.

4 tires is not going to make a big difference with 2 laps to go.

Even if he didn't pit and felt back he would most likely finish in the top 7 which would have netted him a chase spot. Dont know who was the brilliant mind behind that last pit stop.

in tha end,,,,it was pit stop that took newman out a' it too. not spin. ????

Truex - who did the least wrong - gets hit the hardest and he wasn't the only fortunate recipient of MWR's actions. It's still corrupted.

Truex - who did the least wrong - gets hit the hardest and he wasn't the only fortunate recipient of MWR's actions. It's still corrupted.
Helton described it as a total team penalty against MWR, and not aimed at any one particular driver. It is kinda messed up that Bowyer essentially got a free pass.

Truex got screwed.. I bet he loves his teammates right now.

Can anyone post that Bowyer interview after the race I keep hearing about? Youtube is not cooperating with me.

Ahhh...the old split second 'hurt arm, hot car, itch it' decision is what got them.

Tip for Mikey. When code phrases are used, it ain't split second....it's planned.
I wonder how Bowyer feels, most likley not too good and probably swears he will never involve himself in something like this again.
Of course just speculation on my part.
I bet his parents are proud of him.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Everyone kept saying that Truex had great teammates. Well, how are those teammates looking now?? They basically screwed you, and now you're out and Bowyer is in. Maybe he'll give you his chase spot? :rolleyes:

Can anyone post that Bowyer interview after the race I keep hearing about? Youtube is not cooperating with me.
Completly unable to look straight at the interviewer or the camera, head darting back and fourth and getting red in the face told it all.

Man reading that makes me sick. You can just imagine the big fat grin Mikey had writing that piece of fiction.

i'm starting to wonder about you. do you truly believe mikey wrote that? have you ever heard of a public relations representative?

Anybody have a link to Vickers' car audio? I've seen the transcript, but still haven't heard it. Heard Bowyer's, but not Vickers'.

Yeah he was. He was the only one that was out there doing his job driving as hard as he could. Thanks to his team, he was screwed out of the chase.

Did he belong there? No. We can't accuse MWR of manipulating things without seeing that Truex didn't earn that spot. All this was done to get him in, so it makes sense that he's the guy who goes.

Did he belong there? No. We can't accuse MWR of manipulating things without seeing that Truex didn't earn that spot. All this was done to get him in, so it makes sense that he's the guy who goes.
I supposed, but it's unfortunate that, at least on the surface, he was the only truly innocent one in the whole bunch.

Yeah he was. He was the only one that was out there doing his job driving as hard as he could. Thanks to his team, he was screwed out of the chase.
Well he wouldn't have gotten in the Chase is this all hadn't gone down. It sucks that he had to get all happy for making the Chase, but that's part of the deal. It's like MWR gave him a fake scratch off ticket and he just realized he hasn't actually won 10 million dollars.

Back
Top Bottom