nascar ended up with a corrupt race

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
ok lets deal with the first matter. Bowyer spun out on purpose and he isn't even very good at lieing about it. just watch the interview with clint after the race. To me his first few words and expressions betray what really happened. seriously "39 is going to win the race"................................."is your hand hurting"..........."it must be hot in there" dale jr saw clint driving erratically. The in car camera flickers out at the worst possible moment. however clint slows in the corner to less than the speed of a lap car and spins out on the bottom, blipping the throttle like drivers normally do to stay off the wall at a big track, not a short track and not when the car is so far from the wall, its lock it down time there.

second matter was the restart, hello was paul menard the leader or not?!?!?! you gotta be kidding me carl took off like he was the leader. I kept thinking any minute black flag, wonder if a certain black car in second could have had anything to do with the non call. the only thing I can think of is nascar didn't have time to react to a penalty with so few laps and time left. clearly menard wasn't having trouble because his car wasn't stacking the field up.

if you couple both issues nascar has egg on its face. I think it hurts the credibility of the sport when either of these things happen. The outcome of the race winner was incorrect and it caused 2 guys to make the chase who wouldn't have and 2 guys who should have to not. I don't know what they do about someone forcing a caution, I have seen other drivers do it on purpose, but nothing like this. I have to ask what if a situation like this effects the outcome of who is the champion??

. . . nascar has egg on its face. I think it hurts the credibility of the sport when either of these things happen. The outcome of the race winner was incorrect and it caused 2 guys to make the chase who wouldn't have and 2 guys who should have to not. I don't know what they do about someone forcing a caution, I have seen other drivers do it on purpose, but nothing like this. I have to ask what if a situation like this effects the outcome of who is the champion??

It certainly could happen.

and will make a damn good trivia question 20 years from now . . .

No doubt about it I think Nascar has enough proof to penalize Bowyer. I think the whole 15 team should be parked for Chicago.

We know that'll never happen, of course, but taking a few points away from Bowyer might send a strong enough message.

We know that'll never happen, of course, but taking a few points away from Bowyer might send a strong enough message.

With Jr's testimony, in car radio, camera, and telemetry I think Nascar should be able to prove that the spin was intentional. If so that is a huge problem if you ask me. It makes Nascar look like fools, and as other have said pretty much fixes the race and chase.

Makes me sick as well! I was completely against what Gordon did to Bowyer at Phoenix, so before this, I had nothing against Bowyer. Now, I've lost a lot of respect from him. It's hard to know whether Truex knew anything about it. I'm sure he is glad he's in the chase, but I don't believe he wanted it to be like this. Before tonight, I was hoping Truex made the chase and was looking forward to seeing the two MWR cars perform well in the chase. Now, not so much...

Makes me sick as well! I was completely against what Gordon did to Bowyer at Phoenix, so before this, I had nothing against Bowyer. Now, I've lost a lot of respect from not only Bowyer, but the entire MWR team. Before tonight, I was hoping Truex made the chase and was looking forward to seeing the two MWR cars perform well in the chase. Now, not so much...

I actually feel bad for Truex. Making the Chase took a real emotional toll on him. I wonder how he feels knowing there is a black cloud over this accomplishment.

Someone on Reddit brought up a good point. Not only did Bowyer intentionally spin out, but he apparently parked his car for the final two laps. Can anyone confirm this? Apparently they are saying he stayed on the lead lap after the spin, but parked for final two laps to ensure that the 22 would finish ahead of him. That would screw Gordon out of 10th, putting Logano in 10th. That way Truex didn't have to fight Logano for the final wild card spot. Why didn't espn bring this up??

Also on the last lap Vickers slowed down to let Logano finish ahead of him?

Mj4b7E8l.jpg

Last edited:
Someone on Reddit brought up a good point. Not only did Bowyer intentionally spin out, but he apparently parked his car for the final two laps. Can anyone confirm this? Apparently they are saying he stayed on the lead lap after the spin, but parked for final two laps to ensure that the 22 would finish ahead of him. That would screw Gordon out of 10th, putting Logano in 10th. That way Truex didn't have to fight Logano for the final wild card spot. Why didn't espn bring this up??

Also on the last lap Vickers slowed down to let Logano finish ahead of him?

Usually I'm not one for conspiracies, but all of this seems too true to not believe. I'm not great at Mathematics, so I'll leave the points stuff to all of you, but that "spin" sure didn't look bad enough for Bowyer to lose two laps. I still hope Truex performs decent in the chase, however, I'm hoping Bowyer fails to finish at least five of the ten races!

Mj4b7E8l.jpg

Also to put this into perspective consider if the Yankees purposely and blatantly threw the final game of the season so the Red Sox missed out on a wild card.

Also to put this into perspective consider if the Yankees purposely and blatantly threw the final game of the season so the Red Sox missed out on a wild card.

Or if the Red Sox intentionally threw a series against the Rays or Yankees because they'd rather face them in postseason than the Orioles.

The more I read about all this, the more sick I get. There isn't enough rum in the Caribbean. NASCAR needs to get serious on this one. This is NASCAR's version of the Black Sox Scandal. This is egregious. Race manipulation on a large scale. Premeditated and coordinated. If Truex or Logano wins the Championship thanks to this race fixing - it'll be the biggest black eye in the history of motorsports.

This just keeps getting worse. It makes me sick. There isn't enough rum in the Caribbean to cure how ill I feel over this.

It's time to scrap the Chase.
I like the Chase but this is big enough to cast a huge shadow over it....Nascar should be a little worried.

Wow! So this went far beyond the "spin." Had all this extra evidence been brought to Bowyer in his interview, I wonder if he would of had enough time to come up with that many excuses.

This one is really going to hurt NASCAR! For me personally, I can't say that I'm going to quit watching, because that wont happen. However, I believe there are people who will. Many already compare NASCAR to the WWE due to all the "phantom" cautions, and now they have more evidence that it's fixed considering the fact that the two wild card spots were determined by MWR. There is no talking their way out of this one. They MUST take action to save themselves!

Just so we're all on the same page here, we're accusing Bowyer of intentionally spinning out and losing spots so Truex would make the Chase? Is that is causing the hubbub?

Just so we're all on the same page here, we're accusing Bowyer of intentionally spinning out and losing spots so Truex would make the Chase? Is that is causing the hubbub?

No ;)

If this incident is in fact true Boyer should be parked for the rest of the season. The integrity of the sport is at stake. As far as the restart, there was a similar incident with Joe Nemechek in the NW series last year. Austin Dillon pushed him ahead of the leader and they didn't have a problem giving him a drive through penalty with less than ten laps left. I believe it cost Nemechek the championship last year. I don't see why Nascar couldn't have done the same tonight if it is true.

If this incident is in fact true Boyer should be parked for the rest of the season. The integrity of the sport is at stake. As far as the restart, there was a similar incident with Joe Nemechek in the NW series last year. Austin Dillon pushed him ahead of the leader and they didn't have a problem giving him a drive through penalty with less than ten laps left. I believe it cost Nemechek the championship last year. I don't see why Nascar couldn't have done the same tonight if it is true.
Integrity?

Oh please. What integrity? Have you not seen the fake debris cautions?

Just watched the DVR of the race.Appears to me Clint spun on purpose .In car camera conveniently froze at the same time as the spin .Clint being nervous during the interview . Dale Jr saying it the craziest thing he'd seen in a while . Very suspicious indeed.....

Nemechek was in contention for a championship last year?

Man I didn't notice any of what you guys are talking about, course I was between my PC checking football scores & watching the race. On the last restart, I didn't even realize Menard was the leader. I mean I remember seeing him inside Edwards but I think because he's never in that position with so few laps left, my brain just assumed he was a lap down. If he (Menard) was the leader then Edwards clearly jumped the start, I've seen other drivers get penalized for that again & again. I've never really like this whole chase format deal, I've always felt it was just a way for NASCAR to control the outcome of the season & it seems last night's race was a blatant example of that. Why didn't Clint finish the race, there wasn't anything wrong with his car, he could've finished where he was on the lead lap. Oh well, we'll see what happens in the 10 final runs...

Sloggie, my point exactly. Toy Yoda, Excuse me, it was Elliot Sadler. My mistake.
I was actually curious, as I don't usually pay much attention to the NW standings except for the top 2 or 3. I know Nemechek ran that series full time last year, just didn't know where he ended up in points.

Sorry to ruin all ya'lls "Conspiracy Theory's" Butt Last time I checked it's not Illegal to spin out in NASCAR what could they possibly fine Bowyer for? And as far as Edwards jumping the start the 27 car fired first spun the tires then tried to door check the 99 car that's why Edwards beat the 27 to the start finish line.
It's always something with ya'll :rolleyes:

Sorry to ruin all ya'lls "Conspiracy Theory's" Butt Last time I checked it's not Illegal to spin out in NASCAR what could they possibly fine Bowyer for? And as far as Edwards jumping the start the 27 car fired first spun the tires then tried to door check the 99 car that's why Edwards beat the 27 to the start finish line.

Hanged in the court of public opinion . No time for a trial , so sorry.:idunno:

Ironic that jr called Clint out. If anyone knows how to spin on purpose it's jr.

Everyone laughs and feels all nostalgic when they hear a story of Dale Sr spinning on purpose for his benefit, anyone else does it & the world falls apart. What an embarrassment

It is if you do it on purpose, just ask Jr. It is just like when a car stops on track to create a caution. Nascar doesn't like it when you manufacturer your own caution for any type of advantage.

Of course, none of this really matters, considering NASCAR wont do a thing about either incident. The restart upset me more to tell you the truth; Kurt should have won that race. Carl beat the leader by a carlength to the line and drove off completely.

OK, people are bringing up Earnhardt's intentional spin froma couple years ago. Yes, his was intentional, and yes he was penalized. And while it's still wrong, he did it for his own benefit. While wrong, not to the same degree as the Bowyer incident. NASCAR has long bragged about not having "team orders", but with what trasnpired last night (if it was indeed intentional....) that's as close to team orders as you can get.

Back
Top Bottom