nascar ended up with a corrupt race

correct me if I am wrong, but when Newman was leading the race, wasn't Truex out of it at that point?

Mikey pulled the "my daughters know how honest and what kind of man I am" again like he always does. Bullsh!t.

I commend MW's honesty about the Vickers situation however, he's wrong in saying Nascar believes Clint didn't spin on purpose, they just don't have enough conclusive, radio evidence.

They should have had Nate Ryan interview mikey, Dillner is a coworker of mikeys and in this instance as full of sh!t as mikey.

The more of this I read and the more of this I watch, the more convinced I am that Ty Norris is the highest paid figure in NASCAR these days. If I were him I'd take all of that new found money and buy an island in the south Pacific somewhere. If he's married, pack up the wife & kids. Hire some bikini clad tutors for the kids to complete their schooling and wave bye bye to Charlotte, NC. If he's not married, hire some bikini clad coeds and wave bye bye to Charlotte, NC. It's not like I thought a lot about this. I'm just looking out for Ty's best interests. Right Greg? You know where I'm coming from.

Yeah they ripple effected JGs ass and patted Clint Bowyer on the cheek with a smile, this aint gonna just blow over like Nascars spin doctors thought it would and it's going to be hard to watch CB and MW strut around like nothing happened.

True. I am not even a Gordon fan, but I sympathize with him and for his fans.
Gordon should be in and Bowyer should be out.

It doesn't bother this Gordon fan that he didn't make the chase. I didn't really expect him to make it before the Richmond race, and had he made the chase it would have been by the skin of his teeth, so I doubt he would've had a real shot at the Cup anyway.

I'm more bothered that the guy that caused all this is basically walking away scott free. I can't really say what would be a fair penalty for Bowyer, but a 50 point penalty that is erased as soon as it is levied is ridiculous.

It wouldn't have killed me to see him parked for Chicago.

I'm as big a Gordon fan as anyone, but unfortunately there's no way they can put him in the Chase. You can't bend the rules and add a 13th driver. So who are you gonna boot, Logano? He doesn't deserve that. And as bad as Bowyer screwed up and deserves penalized, booting him from the Chase would be a bit much. Honestly I was surprised they booted Truex for Newman, but NASCAR deserves a pat on the back for doing the right thing.

Look, I want to see Gordon have a shot to get another title, but I don't think this is his year. This gives the 24 team a chance to refocus and start preparing for 2014 while hopefully ending the season on a high note, while also having a chip on their shoulder heading into next year. I think this will be good for Gordon and the team in the long run.

Simple, disqualify Bowyer from the the chase, Gordon becomes P10 in points and is in.

If MWR wants to do the right thing they could ask Nascar to withdraw Bowyer and insert Gordon. It wouldn't be a huge sacrifice, no way Bowyer escapes being roughed up in the chase, he simply has no chance.
It would be good low cost PR in the long run.

Simple, disqualify Bowyer from the the chase, Gordon becomes P10 in points and is in.

If MWR wants to do the right thing they could ask Nascar to withdraw Bowyer and insert Gordon. It wouldn't be a huge sacrifice, no way Bowyer escapes being roughed up in the chase, he simply has no chance.
Dream on. You know damn well Mikey would never in a million years do that.

wish it could be so, gordon fans are going to be blaming Nascar for denying Jeff his 5 time championship for years to come.

^HAHA

How Bowyer gets off scot free is a joke.. I loved what Nascar did before I found out it didn't really effect Bowyer. I hope justice is served by anyone on the track and Bowyer is still taken out. Newman now can't risk it but Gordon can. I will be sick if Bowyer somehow wins the title

The icing on the cake is that they are talking about the crime openly with no regards or care.

Brian and Mike are the true corrupts here.

The icing on the cake is that they are talking about the crime openly with no regards or care.

Brian and Mike are the true corrupts here.

Eh I can't really fault Brian. He's just doing what he's told and he just got the ride. Even Clint but he doesn't seem remorseful. .at least Vickers questioned it.

There was no way nascar could totally fix this mess. Who's to say Newman would have won with a slow pit crew anyway? How can we know if that yellow actually saved Gordon from a blowout? JJ's accident certainly benefited Gordon, was that investigated too?

What a mess.

He finished the race yellow or not so what blowout are you talking about? lol

And actually, Jimmie nearly ended Gordon's run entirely.

Gordon got trapped a lap down but since he rolled through the pits he got the lucky dog.

I was furious when I saw him hit the wall. No reason why he should have been out there.

I just watched Clint's interview on ESPN. I really like Ricky Craven. He tells it like it is without acting like a **** like Kyle Petty does.

Hey all, new here and a fairly new as a serious NASCAR fan. Been watching for years but just recently started to study the sport.

Did anyone from NASCAR address the issue of Edwards beating Menard by 1/2 car length on that restart? I was wondering if an official statement was made. Not that I'm that concerned, just seemed odd that such an obvious violation went unchecked.

Also, did you guys see the interview with Ryan Newman immediately after the race? Completely and aggressively threw his pit crew under the bus. So much for winand lose as a team huh? Sounds like a completely classless jerk.

Hey all, new here and a fairly new as a serious NASCAR fan. Been watching for years but just recently started to study the sport.

Did anyone from NASCAR address the issue of Edwards beating Menard by 1/2 car length on that restart? I was wondering if an official statement was made. Not that I'm that concerned, just seemed odd that such an obvious violation went unchecked.

Also, did you guys see the interview with Ryan Newman immediately after the race? Completely and aggressively threw his pit crew under the bus. So much for winand lose as a team huh? Sounds like a completely classless jerk.

Welcome RTM.

I think the reason why NASCAR didn't tackle the Edwards thing was because what transpired before that took precedent.

Plus if they didn't do anything then and there the likelywho of them doing anything at all was very unlikely.

I guess NASCAR picks and chooses which drivers they want to enforce rules on, and Edwards is a driver they don't want to enforce the rule with.

IF......is a funny word in nascar.

IF jeffie's crew hadn't left wheel loose.......causin him ta go 2 laps down.....mighta made chase ?
IF jj hadn't hit wall when he did.......jeffie's still down 2 laps ?
IF newman pit crew gets him out 2nd......not 5th......he wins race.......an in chase ?

Ohhh, it makes perfect sense now! Bowyer had poison oak so that's why he was told to itch it! I feel terrible for jumping to conclusion! :rolleyes:

Been saying that for a day and a half and nobody seems to pay attention to that.

People just want to see what they want to see I guess. Or just lazy and not paying attention.

Exactly; Jeff was on the pit lane for cryin out loud! Still a conspiracy - check Hendrick radio communication!

Just finished the interview on ESPN! Those two tried to hold it in, but even though there wasn't any yelling, I'd say that was a pretty heated interview between Craven and Bowyer.

Just finished the interview on ESPN! Those two tried to hold it in, but even though there wasn't any yelling, I'd say that was a pretty heated interview between Craven and Bowyer.
so what they say?

figure kp will put a "this has been happenin since ................" spin on it. reality !! we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom