nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Nah, 1950 is good. 65 points out of the lead with 11 guys in front of you, all 50+ points up, is damn near insurmountable.
That would of been better but assessing him an 80 point penalty, so he's out of the chase and Gordon is in would have been best.

everyone needs to quit with the put jeff gordan in the chase. look the fact is in order to do that the results of the race must be changed. Nascar isn't going to do that NOR should they. do you guys seriously think we should start changing the outcome of events after the fact?? I don't the end of the race needs to be the end of the race. The penalty nascar did was appropriate and the right thing to do. it also has the side effect of putting the most harmed driver into the chase. but it stopped well short of altering the outcome of the race or changing finish positions on the race track. This is the right thing to do.

further I am starting to feel terrible for MWR, what we had was a perfect storm. I have to ask what other organization in the garage if in the same situation would not have done what they did??? I think they did what just about any other team would have done if they had savvy people paying attention to the race folding out. The problem was is it was too obvious. It was too over the top. The vickers radio was the smoking gun. when you combine it with the spin and what it did to others it was too much. did MWR at the time understand the ramifications at the time all this was happening to fellow competitors?? I say no. noone did this was happening on the fly.

ok back to MWR. THIS DEAL IS PUTTING THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION AT RISK OF GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. Its not funny anymore. I think they have the major sponsors signed on for next year but I am sure they are probably putting together associate deals for next year as well. They are going have a hard time getting these fill in sponsors signed for next year because of this. Next I don't care who you are I think MWR is an organization that deserves a whole lot of credit in where they were when they started verses where they are now. They have built the organization into a top 3 or 4 nascar team, all from mikey running and dale jarrett running those aweful 55 and 44 cars the first year. anyone remember how much those cars sucked?? The first toyota engines were horrible. That is what they started out with. Now we are talking chase contenders and race winning cars. Step back for a moment and look at the success and hard work they have done. The forumla has been really savy media and PR work in the past. if you notice MWR IMO works harder at promoting their cars in unique ways than anyone else. Its the things that go beyond just having a sponsor on the car that MWR does that offers value to them. if you watch closely its easy to see. This stuff is hard work and they are good at promoting in ways you don't think about or notice. its time to move on from this. get off these people's back. Mikey is a visible personality, he may not be liked by everyone but he is just trying to keep his race teams going. Thats why you see him so often, remember its the promoting in other ways mentality.

That would of been better but assessing him an 80 point penalty, so he's out of the chase and Gordon is in would have been best.
I guess NASCAR didn't want to take Bowyer out of the Chase after saying all week leading up to Richmond that he was "locked in" to the Chase.

everyone needs to quit with the put jeff gordan in the chase. look the fact is in order to do that the results of the race must be changed. Nascar isn't going to do that NOR should they. do you guys seriously think we should start changing the outcome of events after the fact?? I don't the end of the race needs to be the end of the race. The penalty nascar did was appropriate and the right thing to do. it also has the side effect of putting the most harmed driver into the chase. but it stopped well short of altering the outcome of the race or changing finish positions on the race track. This is the right thing to do.

further I am starting to feel terrible for MWR, what we had was a perfect storm. I have to ask what other organization in the garage if in the same situation would not have done what they did??? I think they did what just about any other team would have done if they had savvy people paying attention to the race folding out. The problem was is it was too obvious. It was too over the top. The vickers radio was the smoking gun. when you combine it with the spin and what it did to others it was too much. did MWR at the time understand the ramifications at the time all this was happening to fellow competitors?? I say no. noone did this was happening on the fly.

ok back to MWR. THIS DEAL IS PUTTING THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION AT RISK OF GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. Its not funny anymore. I think they have the major sponsors signed on for next year but I am sure they are probably putting together associate deals for next year as well. They are going have a hard time getting these fill in sponsors signed for next year because of this. Next I don't care who you are I think MWR is an organization that deserves a whole lot of credit in where they were when they started verses where they are now. They have built the organization into a top 3 or 4 nascar team, all from mikey running and dale jarrett running those aweful 55 and 44 cars the first year. anyone remember how much those cars sucked?? The first toyota engines were horrible. That is what they started out with. Now we are talking chase contenders and race winning cars. Step back for a moment and look at the success and hard work they have done. The forumla has been really savy media and PR work in the past. if you notice MWR IMO works harder at promoting their cars in unique ways than anyone else. Its the things that go beyond just having a sponsor on the car that MWR does that offers value to them. if you watch closely its easy to see. This stuff is hard work and they are good at promoting in ways you don't think about or notice. its time to move on from this. get off these people's back. Mikey is a visible personality, he may not be liked by everyone but he is just trying to keep his race teams going. Thats why you see him so often, remember its the promoting in other ways mentality.

You're feeling terrible for Wltrip now? What?

That's like feeling sorry for a convicted killer.

This guy has made NASCAR look like fools far too long, and continues to do so. Did you miss their tweet about Boywer having poison oak? Its a mockery.

Is that you mikey?

Wasn't it also said that Bowyer was treated in the infield care center? That seems easy enough to prove or disprove.

So are we giving Bowyer an excuse for the spin now? Was it the poison hand that made him do it?

You're feeling terrible for Wltrip now? What?

That's like feeling sorry for a convicted killer.

This guy has made NASCAR look like fools far too long, and continues to do so. Did you miss their tweet about Boywer having poison oak? Its a mockery.
Are you really comparing a convicted killer to a bad racing decision? It's not even close in my view.

This quest to destroy people's sponsors and livelihoods is disgusting and repulsive.
I agree, Michael Waltrips quest to destroy MWR and the careers of hundreds of people and tarnish the name of the sport is repulsive.

Are you really comparing a convicted killer to a bad racing decision?

No, not really though it may seem that way.

The point I was making is that Waltrip has been at the center of two major fiasco in NASCAR in the past 10 years and people still feel like he's an innocent joe. Not so.

I dont wish him harm or lose everything he's worked for but at the same time whatever is coming to him, he had it coming.

As this controversy continues, 5 Hour Energy should Immediately drop Boyers -MWR Sponsorship, as should NAPA drop out from MWR and the #56 car.

Fans, we want honest racing, not team ordered cautions, and all sorts of other strategic moves by their dishonest actions to throw a race result one way or the other.

It is so easy to have magic select key words to have someone pit, wreck, spin, allow a pass, deliberate wreck someone and many other things that could be used to cheat and throw a race.

We should all call and or e mail and demand that NAPA and 5 Hour energy drop MWR as their sponsors, and that NASCAR penalize Boyer and MWR EVEN MORE.

This team crap must stop, and MWR is a prophetic cheater and has always been such.

Is that you JD Gibbs trying to get NAPA and 5-Hour's business?

RCR, JGR, RFR, HMS and Penske racing have all been fined for actions detrimental to racing, i.e. cheating. Don't know who you root for there Jerry, but if you root for any of the big team's drivers, then your driver's team has cheated.

I'm ok with the penalties MWR got and as far as I'm concerned it's getting blown way out of proportion. Yes I would have like to see Bowyer hit with a real penalty, but he wasn't so it it what it is.

I have to wonder if the people that are celebrating the possibility of sponsors pulling their money and wanting MW banned from nascar because of this, ever heard of guys like Smokey Yunick who was was famous finding creative ways to skirt the nascar rule book, among other things.
Smokey is a celebrated legend of the sport, but these days he'd probably be getting death threats for the things he did back in the day.

It's hard enough for nascar to fill the field with cars to race these days without some rabid fans wanting to drive a competitive team out of the sport because they were caught trying to trick a team car into the chase.

Everyone needs to quit with the put jeff gordan in the chase. Look the fact is in order to do that the results of the race must be changed. Nascar isn't going to do that NOR should they. Do you guys seriously think we should start changing the outcome of events after the fact?? I don't. The end of the race needs to be the end of the race. The penalty nascar did was appropriate and the right thing to do. It also has the side effect of putting the most harmed driver into the chase. But it stopped well short of altering the outcome of the race or changing finish positions on the race track. This is the right thing to do.

Not at all.

IF NASCAR wanted Gordon in and Bowyer out, all they needed to do was penalize Bowyer 80 points instead of just 50.

done deal . . .

As this controversy continues, 5 Hour Energy should Immediately drop Boyers -MWR Sponsorship, as should NAPA drop out from MWR and the #56 car.

We should all call and or e mail and demand that NAPA and 5 Hour energy drop MWR as their sponsors, and that NASCAR penalize Boyer and MWR EVEN MORE.

This team crap must stop, and MWR is a prophetic cheater and has always been such.

I'd like to but I'm kinda busy cleaning the cat's liter box . . .

All we really know for sure is that a team manager made a bad decision and pitted a car to gain a point for a team car. We don't know for sure if Clint spun on purpose or if Mikey new about any of this before hand. Sponsors put a lot of pressure on all motorsports teams to win races and sometimes there are decisions made in the blink of an eye that may or may not be the right decision at the time. I do not want to see any of the MWR sponsors pull their money out of MWR, but I hope that MWR has learned a valuable lesson here and can go on to be a top notch racing team that can bring entertainment to a lot of their fans for years to come. I also hope and suspect that eventually nascar will lift the suspension of the team manager.

Maybe when something shady like this goes on Nascar needs to extend the caution a little bit and make the call for any penalties then?? Others sports stick w/ the officials decision and thats what Nascar needs to do. I don't like what Bowyer did, but I really don't like the standings, a day later, not being the standings. What did I watch it for?

No other sport would, a day later, remove a team that did make the playoffs and replace them w/ a team that didn't. Make the call during the event and stick with it, is that too much to ask?

Longer yellow and you'll have cars running out of gas as nascar sorts this out. I say don't make ANYTHING official until 2 or 3 days later.

But the bottom line is teams will do this smoother and get away with it no matter what nascar does.

Are you serious? You're comparing Michael Waltrip to a murderer?

This is really getting out of hand....
No, not really though it may seem that way.

The point I was making is that Waltrip has been at the center of two major fiasco in NASCAR in the past 10 years and people still feel like he's an innocent joe. Not so.

I dont wish him harm or lose everything he's worked for but at the same time whatever is coming to him, he had it coming.

Thanks for reading bro.

It already is. But it's preferable to having a zillion threads about the same subject. :p
(personally, I really see nothing more to say about the subject --- except some just like to talk to hear themselves talk) :D

Trust me, I'm not complaining. I just thought a couple more were on their way, but this is fine. Now slice and I have plenty of room for Logano threads. ;)

Back
Top Bottom