NASCAR needs a new car ASAP

Fact that SOI think Jr knows nothing about the design of chassis/racecars is quite amusing. He OWNS an Xfinity Team. I'd bet looks at chassis every day in progress of being constructed. He grew up repairing his own crashed cars.

Fact that SOI think Jr knows nothing about the design of chassis/racecars is quite amusing. He OWNS an Xfinity Team. I'd bet looks at chassis every day in progress of being constructed. He grew up repairing his own crashed cars.
The Eury's built his lower level stuff, DEI built his cup and then Hendrick built the rest and you think he is building cars at JRM?

Front running B Main teams, including JRM, are currently utilizing re-purposed Gen 6 Cup cars. In other words, the cream of the leftovers.

HMS and others literally have dozens of these things available.

Well I listened to Jr's opinion, and his opinion is that Nascar needs to look at the aluminum triangles on the front of Preece's car and that they need to crumple. He didn't have any concrete evidence from Nascar that this is the problem, it's his opinion. He thinks Nascar designed the front end so it doesn't mash that much to save teams money and when they make these triangles mash it will cost teams more money. He never mentioned all of the energy absorbing foam in both Preece's front end and in Larson's door.

At least we didn't see people backing into the wall after a simple spin and be out for months.

Again, this line of thinking is so flawed. We might have seen that NASCAR started caring about concussions sooner.

I guarantee that none of the drivers who missed time would have missed time 7-10 years ago. Instead of celebrating increased awareness about concussions and drivers sitting out to take care of themselves, people decide to satisfy their “NASCAR BAD” boner.

The Gen 7 has some real issues but NASCAR fans are consistently negative and are being egged on by a small group of drivers who know that they can rile up fans by tweeting their emotional reaction to things.

Also, Justin Marks is known to be level headed, Denny Hamlin is not. The fanbase is listening to an emotionally unstable brat and putting him on a pedestal. Congrats! You helped Dennis get a podcast.

This is the rear, but I am pretty sure the aluminum triangles as Jr calls them are designed to crumple and spread the impact out

NASCAR can sometimes be a dumpster fire of an organization that makes questionable choices. For example, they lacked the foresight to see that the early-mid 2000s population boom was a bubble and allowed costs to escalate to unrealistic levels. They also alienated their core fanbase by giving tracks like Fontana two races a year and abandoning tracks like Rockingham. NASCAR made its bed in a lot of ways.

But the engineers who design and test the cars are about as far from those people as you can get and still be in the same organization. As Justin Marks said, this is a work in progress. I actually agree with Chase that we shouldn't be taking any steps back on anything, and that's why I said that safety should always be improving. Since Dale Earnhardt's death, NASCAR has been a leader in motorsports safety and I would find it odd if they suddenly said "**** it" and decided to start endangering their drivers again.

Anyone using the concussion argument is inherently arguing in bad faith. Concussion awareness is still relatively new. Acknowledging that you need to take time off for concussions is even newer. We used to just see a concussion as "getting your bell rung," and people just shrugged them off. The vast majority didn't even get tested for a concussion. Arguing that the Gen 7 is more dangerous because of an increased rate of concussions is arguing with incomplete data. We don't know the full extent of concussions in previous generations of cars, and we never will because that data simply isn't available.

The fanbase is also allowing themselves to be riled up by guys like Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick, who have spent 20 years as the resident hotheads of the sport. And for some reason, Kyle Larson, who routinely races in cars that may be less safe than the Gen 4. But Larson lacked the judgment necessary to avoid using a racial slur while playing a video game, so maybe he's also in the "emotional hothead" pile.

Given the general nature of the NASCAR fanbase, I just have a hard time believing that a lot of this whining isn't just to satisfy a "NASCAR BAD" boner.

What was their reasoning for switching to a bigger tire? I think that could solve a lot of woes, but at the end of the day the lack of HP on shorter tracks & road courses is the only issue I see.

I paid plenty for my design degree, Jr is lucky to get out of high school and I'm willing to bet he knows little about designing anything. What about yourself, who is paying you to deathbed everything?

Junior has driven NASCAR cars for more than 25 years and also has plenty of experience how it feels to wreck in one of these things but what does he know compared to someone who got a design degree 70 years ago?

The fanbase is also allowing themselves to be riled up by guys like Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick, who have spent 20 years as the resident hotheads of the sport. And for some reason, Kyle Larson, who routinely races in cars that may be less safe than the Gen 4. But Larson lacked the judgment necessary to avoid using a racial slur while playing a video game, so maybe he's also in the "emotional hothead" pile.

I always thought it was more likely the other way round and the drivers speak much more negatively about the car in private than they do at widely publicized media appearances. After all, NASCAR drivers rely on people tuning in to watch them every week.

With Harvick and Denny etc I wonder if the hits feeling “harder” to them has anything to do with them getting “older”.

With Harvick and Denny etc I wonder if the hits feeling “harder” to them has anything to do with them getting “older”.
I used to be a luke warm Harvick fan, but the last couple of years with the nonsense with Elliott and making a fool out of his self yapping about a problem the new car didn't have along with Denny were acting like the car was a death trap because of a headless crash dummy they both heard about from the garage gossip that didn't exist lol. Now we have Jr talking about aluminum triangles that don't crush. I knew I shouldn't have listened to that pod cast.

Corey Lajoie, Christopher Bell, Joey Logano, Bubba Wallace, and others were all saying the same things last year.

Harvick has said just recently there’s been better communication and they can see more data with the mouthpiece sensors and biometrics they have now. It’s not perfect but improved.

Corey Lajoie, Christopher Bell, Joey Logano, Bubba Wallace, and others were all saying the same things last year.

Harvick has said just recently there’s been better communication and they can see more data with the mouthpiece sensors and biometrics they have now. It’s not perfect but improved.

“We have a way of making things sound a lot worse than they really are, and that’s just life in general,” Joey Logano said Saturday at Talladega Superspeedway. “People complain more than they give compliments, all day long. You turn on SiriusXM, what does every fan that calls in (say)? They don’t usually give compliments, do they? They usually come in and complain, and that’s just the nature of our society in general. We have negative attitudes.”

The drivers fan those flames, and they admit that.

“We have a way of making things sound a lot worse than they really are, and that’s just life in general,” Joey Logano said Saturday at Talladega Superspeedway. “People complain more than they give compliments, all day long. You turn on SiriusXM, what does every fan that calls in (say)? They don’t usually give compliments, do they? They usually come in and complain, and that’s just the nature of our society in general. We have negative attitudes.”

The drivers fan those flames, and they admit that.

Anyone who blindly follows the drivers off a ledge is an idiot. Anyone who listens to them on the radio or even just watches Radioactive knows that a lot of them aren’t the most level headed. Guys like Harvick and Hamlin are known hot-heads but the Doomer crowd would have you think that they’re respected, level-headed garage leaders.

The Gen 7 car has areas that can be improved but I do believe NASCAR is doing what they can. From what I remember hearing, it’s better than the Gen 6 on big hits but may be a step back on smaller hits. Pretending it’s a death machine is ridiculous.

Some think what these drivers say on their podcast's is the gospel. They are under no obligation to tell the truth and about the best a person can get while listening is an opinion from their perspective. Most of them try to convince listeners that the wheels are falling off. That is what most listeners want to hear.

Some think what these drivers say on their podcast's is the gospel. They are under no obligation to tell the truth and about the best a person can get while listening is an opinion from their perspective. Most of them try to convince listeners that the wheels are falling off. That is what most listeners want to hear.

Denny’s anti-Gen 7 crap last year got him a podcast deal with Dirty Mo. Catering to the Doomers is a lucrative market.

If NASCAR drivers have such a problem with their working conditions, they're free to do something productive about it. They can unionize and collectively bargain with the sanctioning body. If the drivers all banded together, they could put NASCAR and the teams on their knees. Do you think NAPA, FedEx, Ally, Bass Pro Shops, and others will want multiple weeks of scabs driving their cars? No. They pay for their drivers. The checks would dry up.

This isn't other sports where fans root for individual teams, fans root for their drivers and their drivers aren't there, they won't be there. And team sports have good unions that have gone on strike to get what they want. The NASCAR drivers have unreal leverage to get what they want.

That's part of why this podcast and Twitter bitching rings so hollow to me. Drivers have the power to actually force change, but they'd rather bitch on social media.

It looks like more triangle weldable gussets for the passenger side of the cage would go along way to prevent the bars from coming loose.

1682698947263.png

What I'm saying is are you sure you want to make the car more rigid?
The cage from firewall to rear bulkhead, side to side is the critical driver protection area. The front and back are sacrificial. What it doesn't show is the addition on the passenger side of a piece of metal panel they added after the exhaust fires to keep the fire out of the ****pit. The sides have foam also to spread the collision period out.

😂😂😂😂😂

We all know one of the reasons why NASCAR and the teams are headquartered in North Carolina.

North Carolina law allows them to hire scabs and non-unionized labor. You think FedEx and NAPA would be happy with that?

The drivers are the ones that the brands want. They hold all of the leverage.

The only hiccup would be breach of contract suits but the teams would be risking a major PR hit by suing the drivers.

It looks like more triangle weldable gussets for the passenger side of the cage would go along way to prevent the bars from coming loose.

View attachment 70259
those welds look way to cold,just sitting on the top of the tubes,and thats alot of straight tubing with nothing to back it up.maybe should have just arched each tube. yes i have build racecars and iam still alive.;)

Texas is a great candidate to reconfigure into a pack track and I think the package can be tweaked to make a place like Michigan one as well. One pack track race every four weeks would be a great balance.
Uh, no. But I can see Texas going that way, especially if they cannot renew their deal with COTA.

What color drapes should I get for my living room? I have Fossil smoke porcelain tile, Behr Dynasty Silver Feather on one wall and Behr Blank Canvas on the others. The Silver Feather has celadon green undertones.
TIA
Do the drapes and interrior in John Deere green and yellow. The ability to paint your exterior stuff with the same paint will reduce the amount of needed spare paint needed and future color matching.

Texas is a great candidate to reconfigure into a pack track and I think the package can be tweaked to make a place like Michigan one as well. One pack track race every four weeks would be a great balance.
Need to reopen and reconfigure Chicagoland for pack racing. And Kansas, even though the racing there is fine. And Las Vegas. And Charlotte, 600 miles of pack racing! And then reduce the hosepower to 250 to get pack racing at Dover and Rockingham and Bristol.

For the fans.

Need to reopen and reconfigure Chicagoland for pack racing. And Kansas, even though the racing there is fine. And Las Vegas. And Charlotte, 600 miles of pack racing! And then reduce the hosepower to 250 to get pack racing at Dover and Rockingham and Bristol.

For the fans.

NASCAR needs to invest money in finding out how to get an asphalt mixture that can imitate worn surface from the start. Fontana and Atlanta aged into fun tracks. A repave would have ****** both so NASCAR decided to go the reconfiguration route.

NASCAR needs to invest money in finding out how to get an asphalt mixture that can imitate worn surface from the start. Fontana and Atlanta aged into fun tracks. A repave would have ****** both so NASCAR decided to go the reconfiguration route.

Atlanta would've sucked for a few years.

This. Call me crazy but I’d bet the Atlanta 10-15 years from now won’t race like today. There will be tire fall off and I believe massaging the throttle to take care of said tires, the pack racing there will break up. I hope it’s going to race how Daytona used to race back in the day.

This. Call me crazy but I’d bet the Atlanta 10-15 years from now won’t race like today. There will be tire fall off and I believe massaging the throttle to take care of said tires, the pack racing there will break up. I hope it’s going to race how Daytona used to race back in the day.
Another horsepower reduction will take care of the field getting strung out.

Back
Top Bottom