NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

Awful looking.....

0de538b0-d21e-11eb-bfdf-a4ad0f1da5b2

Kyle-Larson-2022-No-5-Valvoline-Chevrolet-2.jpg

They look great. They are unburdened, without any sponsor input.

Usually the sponsors aren't picking from several different designers. The race team will have the same design group come up with a handful of schemes and someone who represents the sponsor picks one. If all your choices are bad because they come from the same bad designer, we get Larson's Valvoline cars and Byron's Liberty cars. Half of the HMS cars from the last five or so years look terrible, and I would bet all the bad ones are from the same design group.

Luckily, HMS let this dude come up with Elliott's Hooters car. I bet if they let him design all their paint schemes, the sponsors would pick this guy's designs 100% of the time...

WOW. That's all I have to say.

I think a lot of NASCAR fans have really low standards when it comes to paint schemes. Or maybe they just have bad taste and don't know any better.

I just feel like a lot of paint schemes nowadays are drawn up by graphic designers that aren't race fans and don't understand nor appreciate the lines and flow of a race car. It seems like minimal thought and effort goes into a lot of these designs, and it's sad.

I think a lot of NASCAR fans have really low standards when it comes to paint schemes. Or maybe they just have bad taste and don't know any better.

I just feel like a lot of paint schemes nowadays are drawn up by graphic designers that aren't race fans and don't understand nor appreciate the lines and flow of a race car. It seems like minimal thought and effort goes into a lot of these designs, and it's sad.

Thanks Boomer.

The art of paint scheme design is long since gone. But can you really blame teams anymore? I mean they used to run the same scheme all season now they run a different one every week.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This one has me just confused for a team that has Valvoline in its sponsorship portfolio why would you use Ally to throw back to the Mark Martin Valvoline car???

Exactly.

If Bowman wants to honor Martin and this was the paint scheme he wanted to run, OK, fine. But I feel like it's just another case of the marketing/livery group at HMS coming up short. They consistently hit singles and doubles when they have the opportunity to hit homers.

And Corey Lajoie didn't have a sponsor contract to adhere to in the first place. That's great, but it isn't reality for teams who have contracts with sponsors for individual races to put some other sponsor's badging on a car they are paying to sponsor with their brand on the side.

And Corey Lajoie didn't have a sponsor contract to adhere to in the first place. That's great, but it isn't reality for teams who have contracts with sponsors for individual races to put some other sponsor's badging on a car they are paying to sponsor with their brand on the side.

Yeah, I get that.

I guess I'm of the opinion that if you're going to do something, do it right. Don't half-ass it. I just think it would have been cooler to see a true Valvoline throwback on Larson's car since they already have the correct sponsorship, and if Bowman wants to honor Martin, an Ally 48 with another one of Mark's schemes, maybe the Folgers or Stroh's or Winn-Dixie or Eagle One, etc.

Again, I'm just nitpicking. It's a good looking car. I still wouldn't bother doing a throwback unless it was the correct sponsor or number, one or the other. Maybe I'm just over the whole throwback deal, especially with the new car we have now.

This one has me just confused for a team that has Valvoline in its sponsorship portfolio why would you use Ally to throw back to the Mark Martin Valvoline car???

View attachment 62610
Thats bastardized. Sadly, I think I have had enough of "Throwback" weekend. If the cars are not even going to try to look like how they used to look with the number placement and all, just end it. and why wouldnt Valvoline just sponsor Alex for this race since its the official motor oil of HMS?

If Valvoline had the contract on the 48 for Darlington they would be able to put their name on the car ya think? I know it's tough lol.

If Valvoline had the contract on the 48 for Darlington they would be able to put their name on the car ya think? I know it's tough lol.
Nothing for me is tough to grasp about it. I get the general concept of sponsorship, I don’t need it explained to me. I just don’t like the the concept of the scheme on the 48. I think I can be entitled to that.

View attachment 62619

Jim Ross: BAWW GAWWDD!!! THATS A STUNNER!!!
There’s a Steve Austin gif for just about anything on here ha ha. Shoulda saved this glorious one for something better,I wasn’t trying to come off as rude just explaining my view point. The Rock selling that will never not make me laugh lmao.

There’s a Steve Austin gif for just about anything on here ha ha. Shoulda saved this glorious one for something better,I wasn’t trying to come off as rude just explaining my view point. The Rock selling that will never not make me laugh lmao.

It’s just a week to drop stunners on racing-forums lol

Yeah as an old Gordon fan I'm pretty bitter Chase wasn't in the 24 long enough to get to do cool stuff like this.

Also it would've been very easy to do AXALTA inside of the hood oval like the old DUPONT lettering. That part kinda sucks.

Back
Top Bottom