NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

I love it.

Unpopular opinion, I was personally bored of the flames. Now, I think it would look better if the base was white instead of the matter black finish. Now, what would have been cool is if they kept the white and flames they had summer of 2019. That thing was great and stuck out during that summer.

Still, I love the look of it. It's a fresh take on an old favorite.
actually on second thought I wonder what it would look like with a Matte Blue instead of the matte black. I think that would have made it pop more

Quite possibly the ugliest race car I have ever seen in my life. Watching that thing going around the track is going to make my eyes bleed. You would think a paint company would know how to use a color wheel. William's new uniform should be a clown suit to along with that hot mess. Makes you sit back and realize what a genius Sam Bass was........ Not EVERYBODY can do what he did.
comeon there's been worse cars than this one surely.

Quite possibly the ugliest race car I have ever seen in my life. Watching that thing going around the track is going to make my eyes bleed. You would think a paint company would know how to use a color wheel. William's new uniform should be a clown suit to along with that hot mess. Makes you sit back and realize what a genius Sam Bass was........ Not EVERYBODY can do what he did.

I thought they were talking about Sam when they said he used to paint slot cars or something up and then run them around to see how they actually looked when moving.

Well, there have been some real stinkers, like most of the UPS cars, but they had to play the hand they were dealt. Axalta had every single color on the planet to work with, and THIS is what they came up with? You are selling paint for Godsakes, those colors have to POP. This looks like somebody was cleaning out their brushes. About the only thing they got right was the yellow numbers. In nearly ALL cases, HMS cars should have yellow numbers.

The reactions are going to be mixed, but I like the idea of the Rainbow Warrior just modernized.

I'm sorry but that car looks like you gave a 2 year old some crayons and said "fill in these areas"

I think the scheme would benefit greatly from a white base.
7719B581-7AF9-4633-AF3C-5AAC0FEC0188.jpeg

Axalta has endless opportunities with what they can do with their cars. Their logo is very simplistic and their catalog of colors is absolutely endless because of who they are. I feel like they're boxing themselves in every year by making sure to include Jeff Gordon colors. That fan base has mostly moved onto another driver (who just won a championship), you're certainly not tugging at my heartstrings. It's time to let William stand on his own and build his own brand. Chase had to do it from day 1 in the 24.

would also probably look better if there were no black space in between each color bar and the transition from color to color was blended instead of having bold borders.

gosh I cant believe I am in the minority here! I really like what they did. It's a modern take on the rainbow warriors. I would have liked to have seen how the new paint would look with a blue or matte blue base though, I think the colors would have popped more. They tugged at my heartstrings here ha ha. I do agree in that its time to let William stand on his own but I Think he can while making this slight nod to the past within his own brand. I'll think of it as a 24 reboot. Of the main Axalta schemes though, I do prefer the flames that William had his first years. I loved that car.

Well, there have been some real stinkers, like most of the UPS cars, but they had to play the hand they were dealt. Axalta had every single color on the planet to work with, and THIS is what they came up with? You are selling paint for Godsakes, those colors have to POP. This looks like somebody was cleaning out their brushes. About the only thing they got right was the yellow numbers. In nearly ALL cases, HMS cars should have yellow numbers.
I respect what you are saying, to me the colors pop out. I think it will look really awesome at night, I also love those yellow numbers

wishing this was the real one

I don't LOVE that, but it is VASTLY better than what they actually went with. The blue and the yellow are still really lame though. Those shades look more like something decorating a young child's bedroom, not paint for a ZL1 Camaro.

I personally don't associate the 2021 paint scheme to ANYTHING related to Jeff Gordon, any more than any of Jeff's schemes reminded my of Ricky Craven's old DuPont scheme. It wouldn't even cross my mind if someone hadn't mentioned it. I think its a given that a company that sells paint is going to have a paint scheme with some sort of "rainbow of colors", and that is perfectly fine, it's just that this particular scheme sucks. I REALLY don't understand the use of black, any more than when they transitioned Jeff's "flames" cars from the stunning metallic blue to the black. I personally like black cars, but that color does not play well with a rainbow of other colors, and really is not what I would consider a color for advertising paint. There also isn't any real theme to this paint scheme. It's not a rainbow, and it's not a flame, or anything else, but a random usage of different colors, NONE of which are particularly striking shades. I would think any first year art student would understand that black doesn't go with with rainbow colors.

I don't LOVE that, but it is VASTLY better than what they actually went with. The blue and the yellow are still really lame though. Those shades look more like something decorating a young child's bedroom, not paint for a ZL1 Camaro.

Within the confines of the colors they chose it's more creative and visually appealing, why they decided to go with those colors is another question. They should go back to the drawing board and create an original look that's Byron's imo.

The reactions are going to be mixed, but I like the idea of the Rainbow Warrior just modernized.

I don't hate it and at least it's not overly busy like so many schemes these days. I don't mind the black but I'm kind of over the matte thing. I think it'll look good at speed and especially at night.
Many that were (and are) much worse. Any brown race car for example.

NGL, I wish they'd move away from the rainbow paint scheme because that was Jeff Gordon's thing.
I think this does it well, but it does not matter the age of the person. The 24 will always be affiliated with the "Rainbow Warriors".

I liked the UPS schemes, even with the flames it looked good for the time.

The new 48. Now that's how they're supposed to look!

View attachment 52069

Meh. Another underwhelming scheme.

I don't like the blur thing they keep doing on the hood. Makes me feel like I have a bad hangover. The pink around the headlights gives it the look of a raccoon. The random pink shape on the tail panel looks like an afterthought. The stripes on the side look OK, both in design and color choice. And I like that they flow really well with the line of the C-pillar window, so at least they put some kind of thought into the design.

Yes, I'm picky.

Let me get a primarily blue scheme please.

It’s a primary HMS scheme so I’m expecting a lot of straight lines, hard borders, and what looks like the fill bucket on MSFT Paint was abused.

Based on his 2021 firesuit, I’m going to guess that it’s essentially the same scheme but with more gold outlines.

It’s a primary HMS scheme so I’m expecting a lot of straight lines, hard borders, and what looks like the fill bucket on MSFT Paint was abused.

Based on his 2021 firesuit, I’m going to guess that it’s essentially the same scheme but with more gold outlines.
Unfortunately I think you're right

Agreed. That said, I'd love a move back to the metallic blue base. At the very least use his Nationwide Series paint scheme for Darlington.

Judging by the sharp edges and designs on the merch hauler, we may get a combination of last year's scheme and his Xfinity scheme.

Back
Top Bottom