NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

What can you say about this new Axalta scheme that hasn’t been said already about previous HMS entries? Bland, lazy, unimaginative, soulless. As a creative (and I use that loosely with these people) design artist that has access to Axalta’s various color palate…. and this is the best you come up with? Pathetic. There’s another popular thread at the moment that is about NASCAR’s “current personality problem”, well not keeping a pretty good paint scheme with a sponsor fans are already familiar with for more more than two seasons at a time and then when driver does change, and this abomination is the result of that….I’d be inclined to classify that as a problem.

I remember when Jeff changed primary from the rainbow to the flames to fire storm to black with flames it was a big deal each time (4 changes in 24 years allowed fans to build up equity with each scheme imo), now HMS changes primaries every few seasons. Someone Get me a direct line to Rick, I wish HMS wouldn’t change so often.
I wonder if Axalta pre-approved these 2 wraps?

I wonder how NASCAR’s OSS scanner “sees” these 2 latest examples of graphic art?

The Raptor scheme apparently has some “texture” in a nod to the company’s bed liner product.

Make that 24 car the same colors as the box J.B.
1703101005384.jpeg

The people paying for them aren't calling them poor schemes. lol.

Because many of them don't know any better. Some of the corporate idiots choosing/approving the schemes know nothing about racing, and lack the insight (or taste) to even know what a race car is supposed to look like. And in some cases, when you have one person/group submitting all of the designs, the one that gets picked probably just sucks the least out of all the options.

But yes, it's all subjective so there's no right or wrong answer, just opinions.

Because many of them don't know any better. Some of the corporate idiots choosing/approving the schemes know nothing about racing, and lack the insight (or taste) to even know what a race car is supposed to look like. And in some cases, when you have one person/group submitting all of the designs, the one that gets picked probably just sucks the least out of all the options.

But yes, it's all subjective so there's no right or wrong answer, just opinions.
completely subjective, But they pay the cost to be the boss. Some fans can do their blows against the empire thing. Whatever.

Eh, I come from a different direction, horse racing. When you see a jockey kitted out in pink and blue and find out that they are the favorite colors of the horse owner's wife it explains a lot.

1703109720456.jpeg

I wonder how NASCAR’s OSS scanner “sees” these 2 latest examples of graphic art?

The Raptor scheme apparently has some “texture” in a nod to the company’s bed liner product.
Aunty, the teams would select a scheme to fool OSS. Naw. Now, louvers and greenhouses are a different story....

And Brexton too.

Wrap both sides of the car with the logo so that it can be seen when he spins.
...and Brexton....cute.....Anybody know if the silver spooners are hated/roughed up by the kids who have less? I mean, I hear repeatedly how the masses like those that have earned it.....

Good sponsorship for sure but a low amount of races compared to McDonalds. Need like 10-15 races to make a dent.

I wish more sponsors like McDonalds, Wendy’s, Cheddar’s, Black Rifle Coffee would do more race finish promotions like Outback & Golden Corral.

Wendy’s
- 2 Cup Series races w/SVG @ Talladega + 1 TBA & 1 Xfinity race w/SVG + 1 Xfinity Daytona 300 w/Suarez = 4 races
McDonald’s
- 12 Cup Series races w/Bubba Wallace + 4 Cup Series races w/Tyler Reddick = 16 races

Good sponsorship for sure but a low amount of races compared to McDonalds. Need like 10-15 races to make a dent.

I wish more sponsors like McDonalds, Wendy’s, Cheddar’s, Black Rifle Coffee would do more race finish promotions like Outback & Golden Corral.

Wendy’s
- 2 Cup Series races w/SVG @ Talladega + 1 TBA & 1 Xfinity race w/SVG + 1 Xfinity Daytona 300 w/Suarez = 4 races
McDonald’s
- 12 Cup Series races w/Bubba Wallace + 4 Cup Series races w/Tyler Reddick = 16 races
Do you really think that is the only sponsorship Trackhouse has lol.

Ditto. With as rarely as they'd have to pay out, Wendy's could hype a free Frosty or chili for a SVG win. Same for sponsors of the less likely winners. C'mon, Loves, cough up a free roller burrito for a McDowell top 5!

Back
Top Bottom