NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

1623252052538.png

Holy ****:

“My guys don’t want to take ‘Hendrick’ off the car. All the dealerships, they’ve got all kinds of promotions,” Hendrick said. “I keep jacking the price up to the automotive group and they haven’t said no yet.”

Since the HendrickCars.com paint scheme was revealed before the Daytona 500, new users have increased 56% and site traffic went up 124% from the previous 135-day period, HMS said. Five of the six highest-traffic days to the site were race days — Larson wins at Las Vegas, Sonoma and Texas, as well as runner-up finishes at Atlanta and Kansas, all races that featured Hendrick’s site for new and used cars on the hood.

Hendrick Automotive has 93 dealerships in 13 countries, and Hendrick acknowledged after Larson’s win at Nashville that the best business plan might be leaving his company on the car.

“I think we’re getting real close to that,” Hendrick said.
HendrickCars might be the permenant sponsor for Larson.

Larson out here lining boss man's pockets, that's a win.

Holy ****:

"Major sponsors coming soon". ..

Holy ****:

This is what you call a pro gamer move.

Replaces Gatorade

I know Gatorade used to sponsor victory lane, but seriously is there anything Nascar won't take money from.

They have 4 premier partners, 2 series entitlement sponsors, 47 official partners, 1 green partner, 1 performance partner and now I guess add Ruoff Mortgage.

I know this is a big money machine but wouldn't the sport be better suited in trying to get some of this sponsorship money to the teams?

I know Gatorade used to sponsor victory lane, but seriously is there anything Nascar won't take money from.

They have 4 premier partners, 2 series entitlement sponsors, 47 official partners, 1 green partner, 1 performance partner and now I guess add Ruoff Mortgage.

I know this is a big money machine but wouldn't the sport be better suited in trying to get some of this sponsorship money to the teams?

It's been one of my peeves for years. If you want to be the official ANYTHING of NASCAR, then you should have to be the primary sponsor on a car for X-number of races for that year.

People soon forget when Monster drug them thru the mud in an effort to get a reduced rate. Nascar changed the model.

Monster was just telling NASCAR what they thought title series sponsorship was worth at the time. In their opinion, not much. NASCAR changed the model because they couldn't sucker any one company into offering up more money than what Monster was offering. I'm sure the new model works for NASCAR because the checks cash, but I can't see one thing the four title sponsors have actually done for the sport in that capacity. As I said awhile back, at any given time, I can usually only remember who three of them even are.

It's been one of my peeves for years. If you want to be the official ANYTHING of NASCAR, then you should have to be the primary sponsor on a car for X-number of races for that year.
So eager to tell other people how and where to spend their money.

Uhhh...how do you think the purses are paid out? You're not making the $5+ million race purse (as of 2015) through ticket sales. Yes, most of it is TV money but sponsorship certainly plays a role. NASCAR has a good balance.

I don't trust NASCAR with much but from a marketing/media/sponsorship standpoint they are the absolute best in the business. FFS if you're a fan you literally have to walk through a travelling circus of sponsorship trailers to get to the race. You don't see that in any other sport.

Holy ****:

What a flex. Honestly why not? It’s free advertising and makes you a ton of money. Better than just getting someone else’s money

So eager to tell other people how and where to spend their money.
No, it's not the least bit unreasonable to mandate that for a company to have "official status" they should have to put some of there money into the competition side. Besides, this is more about NASCAR not locking up all these sponsors for themself while the teams scramble to fund their cars. I could see making an exemption for companies like Sunoco that actually provide something to the series, but I'm sorry, being the "official mortgage company of NASCAR" means nothing except that Jim France has a little more money in his bank account. Let's see a reasonable portion of that money go to some teams that could really use it.

Not to mention random signage sponsors all over every track along with 2 minutes of ads for every 8 minutes of TV coverage, for 3+ hours.

It’s a wonder there is a money problem.

I don't see a money problem. New teams have been showing up the last couple of years. Teams are fighting over charters, and tracks continue to get expensive renovations.

... I'm sorry, being the "official mortgage company of NASCAR" means nothing except that Jim France has a little more money in his bank account. Let's see a reasonable portion of that money go to some teams that could really use it.
Well, redistribution of the revenue streams to more adequately reflect the economic plight of the race teams is the raison d'etre of the RTA. It is surprising how many fans heap scorn upon the RTA, and then turn right around and complain about these revenue distribution inequities, but I guess they have their own thoughts about the business model... generally along the lines of "make it 1995 again." :salute:

Not to mention random signage sponsors all over every track ...
Have you been inside an NHL arena during a game?

Everything is commercially / electronically lit up, including the stairway risers. Most of the signage changes every few minutes. There are more advertisers than spaces.

Have you been inside an NHL arena during a game?
No, we have football here :D

Everything is commercially / electronically lit up, including the stairway risers. Most of the signage changes every few minutes. There are more advertisers than spaces.
Next up for SMI: How to make the SAFER barriers safe for the race track and safe for LED backlit ad space.

No, it's not the least bit unreasonable to mandate that for a company to have "official status" they should have to put some of there money into the competition side.
The only thing they have to contribute is money. That’s how sponsorships work.

The point of a sponsorship isn’t to benefit who the placement was purchased from. It’s to benefit the buyer by telling their own prospects they they are the “official X of NASCAR” and make them sound more important than they really are.

BlueGreen Vacations can now say “we are the official resort of NASCAR” and somebody somewhere is going to buy a few nights at a BlueGreen Vacation property because they think Jeff Gordon also stays there.

Oh lookie there...

Last edited:
The only thing they have to contribute is money. That’s how sponsorships work.

The point of a sponsorship isn’t to benefit who the placement was purchased from. It’s to benefit the buyer by telling their own prospects they they are the “official X of NASCAR” and make them sound more important than they really are.

BlueGreen Vacations can now say “we are the official resort of NASCAR” and somebody somewhere is going to buy a few nights at a BlueGreen Vacation property because they think Jeff Gordon also stays there.

Oh lookie there...

You correctly pointed out the purpose of BUYING a sponsorship, I'm talking about the reason to SELL a sponsorship, and that is to make money. All I'm saying is that if these companies want to trade off of being associated with NASCAR, then some of that money should go to actually supporting the teams that put on the show, not just as a profit center for the sanctioning body. The add you posted illustrates some of the problem. They brag about being tied to NASCAR, and then show a picture of their name on a car that isn't even RUNNING this year. I'll give you another example of how race teams have been getting screwed by NASCAR for years.. Back in the mid 80's a team that I happened to work for at a later date pitched a sponsorship deal to a prospective client. The owner brought then to the track, and as part of trying to lock up the deal, introduced them to Bill France Jr. and all of the NASCAR people. Instead of trying to sell the client on the merit of sponsoring the racing team, they convinced the sponsor to spend their money with NASCAR instead. That was pretty much the last chance that team had to stay in the game as a regular participant, and they would never again be a regular in the series after roughly 700 starts over a twenty year span. NASCAR should be working WITH their teams to make money, not competing AGAINST them for resources.

Just don't bring donuts
That's one of the reasons behind Subway's menu overhaul. They lost a court case in Ireland over whether the baked portion of their sandwiches should not be taxed because bread is a 'staple product'. The court ruled Subway used too much sugar and their 'bread' would be taxed at the 10% rate like donuts and other sweets.

That's one of the reasons behind Subway's menu overhaul. They lost a court case in Ireland over whether the baked portion of their sandwiches should not be taxed because bread is a 'staple product'. The court ruled Subway used too much sugar and their 'bread' would be taxed at the 10% rate like donuts and other sweets.

Well that was the whole reason they left NASCAR because Suarez did a segment for TV where he had a box of donuts

Back
Top Bottom