NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

Well, tell that to half the drivers in the field, probably more. I would say more drivers have at least ONE sponsor that is more tied to them than the team than don't.
We are not talking about "half the drivers in the field". We are talking about Kyle Busch, who isnt required to bring funding for his employment, thats what, "a two time champion with a gazillion wins across the top three series" gets. I'm sure he has some personal service contracts he brings with him but the only funding he is responsible for is KBM.

RC got the car fully funded. What are we even arguing about here...Real sponsors? Push Rods?
On such short notice with all of the flipping around of drivers, crewman et all, we won't be able to judge what is a REAL sponsor or not. Some of the membership got ahold of some of the 3CHI wacky tobacci that Busch and Reddick have and then Childress broke out the wine and since that time we have had a hard time locating any of the REAL sponsor judges.
They could be over in the pushrod department, I heard they had music over there.

On such short notice with all of the flipping around of drivers, crewman et all, we won't be able to judge what is a REAL sponsor or not. Some of the membership got ahold of some of the 3CHI wacky tobacci that Busch and Reddick have and then Childress broke out the wine and since that time we have had a hard time locating any of the REAL sponsor judges.
They could be over in the pushrod department, I heard they had music over there.
When we hear the Grateful Dead and Phish playing in the RCR garage, then it's time to worry...

When we hear the Grateful Dead and Phish playing in the RCR garage, then it's time to worry...
They have blown past that at Trackhouse. I think Martinsville did something to Ross
1670615756804.png

The more I see the 8, its growing on me. It's like how Earnhardt had the version of the 3... this is Kyle's version of 8. Pretty cool they drove for the same team, hopefully RC nails some sponsors down that get universal approval.

Doesn't look like KBM is hurting for sponsorship

So, Coach couldn't cobble together several different companies and cover all the races? It always seemed like JGR was trying to find one sponsor to be primary for all or most of the races, as Mars/M&M's was. Perhaps I misunderstood what was going on during the Great Sponsor Search this year.

Anyway, looks like the #8 is at least mostly covered, if not fully covered.

So, Coach couldn't cobble together several different companies and cover all the races? It always seemed like JGR was trying to find one sponsor to be primary for all or most of the races, as Mars/M&M's was. Perhaps I misunderstood what was going on during the Great Sponsor Search this year.

Likely the amount needed to be put together at JGR is significantly higher than RCR.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Likely the amount needed to be put together at JGR is significantly higher than RCR.

I don't think JGR put anything together or offered very little. So he completely switches brands, has to start all over with his truck teams putting deals together, switching things around with the bodies a hundred details. Why would he do all of that instead of taking a lesser deal with JGR? Nah, it's a he's not family enough thing to me. Got to make room to get the tow headed kid in Cup.

I don't think JGR put anything together or offered very little. So he completely switches brands, has to start all over with his truck teams putting deals together, switching things around with the bodies a hundred details. Why would he do all of that instead of taking a lesser deal with JGR? Nah, it's a he's not family enough thing to me. Got to make room to get the tow headed kid in Cup.
If the rumors were true he actually had some offers from JGR possibly even higher than what he signed for at RCR but once Ty started running the way he did those dried up quickly

Money rolling in. Complete steal of a deal. 17 wins minimum. "Family". Revenge Tour. Knew he had more in the tank. Held back by the Preacher......I'll think of more, but that should hold you over for now.

If the rumors were true he actually had some offers from JGR possibly even higher than what he signed for at RCR but once Ty started running the way he did those dried up quickly

"Rumors." I won't ask for a reference. The Narrative. Keep it up.

Well, we can speculate all we want....I won't get into that because what is the point....but I do think a significant factor here is that it is easier for Kyle to sit at the debrief table with Austin who likely isn't making more that him in salary (...but "family" money, who knows?) rather than sitting at the same table with Denny who would be making probably twice what he is getting....and never mind working for Denny which was the only other option. Poor Ricky came out okay on this....until the first meltdown when Ricky wants to give Kyle a lecture about how things are done at RCR. Good luck. A rage winning streak and championship isn't likely in the Next Gen in and of itself....less so given that Kyle hasn't figured out how to drive it. Ricky's low budget engineering crew is going to have their work cut out for them.

Is Justin Marks any good at this or what?
No kidding, and the guy is just awesome. My jaw dropped how real and approachable he was with fans in Phoenix. Good dude.

The only numbers that matter are on the checks they are writing. No way all of them together is even close to the Mars deal. Therefore, big deal.
Conspicuously, Johnny Morris is missing, I wonder if he is one of the other sponsors RCR will announce soon? I find it hard to believe Bass Pro wont be on his car at some point.

Conspicuously, Johnny Morris is missing, I wonder if he is one of the other sponsors RCR will announce soon? I find it hard to believe Bass Pro wont be on his car at some point.
I'd be up in the air on that one. Kyle doesn't really fit the mold of a Bass Pro guy

That is a different partner. It might be one of them that Childress was saying could be added later. Realtree is sold all over the place including Walmart, Amazon.

That is a different partner. It might be one of them that Childress was saying could be added later. Realtree is sold all over the place including Walmart, Amazon.
So are Tracker Boats but its still a deal through Bass Pro

Tracker is owned by Bass Pro, Realtree isn't. Once again it is a separate partner. They probably made the decision to Partner with RCR unless Bass Pro paid for the race and the wrap out of the goodness of their hearts.

Bass Pro Shops owns White River Marine Group which manufactures and distributes boats under the brand names Ranger, Nitro, Triton, Tahoe, Tracker, Sun Tracker, Regency, Mako, and Ascend. Hatteras Yachts Logo.

Tracker is owned by Bass Pro, Realtree isn't. Once again it is a separate partner. They probably made the decision to Partner with RCR unless Bass Pro paid for the race and the wrap out of the goodness of their hearts.

Bass Pro Shops owns White River Marine Group which manufactures and distributes boats under the brand names Ranger, Nitro, Triton, Tahoe, Tracker, Sun Tracker, Regency, Mako, and Ascend. Hatteras Yachts Logo.
Its a BTB through Bass Pro just like JTG advertises many Food Products through Kroger. Realtree is a huge Partner with Bass Pro, its a Johnny Morris deal

Was Bass Pro ever on Reddick's car? Did Kyle bring anything?
Thinking that Kyle isn't bringing anything, and he inherits the sponsors on the 8....

The only numbers that matter are on the checks they are writing. No way all of them together is even close to the Mars deal. Therefore, big deal.
Your right and Mars isn't writing any checks these days so it is a big deal.

Well I'll be. The only numbers I kept hearing was that Kyle was/is the Cup series win leader out of all of the active drivers. Sounds like Childress got a hell of a bargain if that is so.

Back
Top Bottom