NASCAR stages road course test at Charlotte Motor Speedway

That's not necessary to be entertaining, or to sell the product.
If you think a bunch of four banger rally cars running around a mile and a half er would be entertaining more power to ya. The topic I commented was about looking realistic. They can look realistic (they aren't even close under the skin) at the short track stuff they run on. They wouldn't look that way at all if they had to run 200 was my point.

If you think a bunch of four banger rally cars running around a mile and a half er would be entertaining more power to ya. The topic I commented was about looking realistic. They can look realistic (they aren't even close under the skin) at the short track stuff they run on. They wouldn't look that way at all if they had to run 200 was my point.
And my point was that they don't HAVE to run 200, or on a 1.5-miler either.

Point being, online message boards and similar forums were vastly more popular and engaging prior to current day social media outlets.

Now message boards have transformed into an avenue for more diehard fans of a myriad of topics.

40k is a strong number for a small subreddit - but it does not compare to the hundreds of thousands of people engaging on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram on the same topic.

I thought the 40K number was a mistake as that is a very small number in the big picture as you mentioned.

True, Football teams tend to blame the coach and the refs for a loss but somehow NASCAR (not always) is to blame for the rain, track conditions,loose lug nut,failing LIS,the national debt and Hillary losing to Trump.

It sounds like Nascar could use an major upgrade of its fan base as many of them sound grumpy and mad all the time and they are not even mad at the right people!

They dont help and they sow seeds of discontent and poison possible future fans of the sport.

It must be a different type of person than I am used to dealing with as I am not a big soccer fan as my perception of it is that it is dull. I was bored playing it as a kid too but that is neither here nor there. My point is seeing I am not a soccer fan I am not going to read anything good or bad about soccer but I am not going to speak ill of it either. I am a big football and hockey fan and I would guess there are sites somewhere that thrash the sports but I wouldn't be interested in reading them. If I did read them they would not impact me in any way as I am a confident person with reasonable esteem so (this may sound awful) but I really don't give a rats ass what people think of the choices I make or whether I am liked and things of that nature. I am not doubting you as much as I am saying I have no experience with what you are saying.

There's nothing new about gullibility and succumbing to questionable influences. Social media just makes it easier to be exposed to the latest trends, uninformed opinions, etc.

As BA Baracus supposedly said "I pity the fool"...........that allows others to think for them.

It must be a different type of person than I am used to dealing with as I am not a big soccer fan as my perception of it is that it is dull. I was bored playing it as a kid too but that is neither here nor there. My point is seeing I am not a soccer fan I am not going to read anything good or bad about soccer but I am not going to speak ill of it either. I am a big football and hockey fan and I would guess there are sites somewhere that thrash the sports but I wouldn't be interested in reading them. If I did read them they would not impact me in any way as I am a confident person with reasonable esteem so (this may sound awful) but I really don't give a rats ass what people think of the choices I make or whether I am liked and things of that nature. I am not doubting you as much as I am saying I have no experience with what you are saying.

At the risk of getting even further off-topic, I suspect the perception of soccer as dull has the same cause as the perception that auto racing is just cars going in circles: an inadequate understanding of what's going on.

Games like soccer and cricket are huge worldwide but after playing them and watching them I don't care for either. Other games like Lacrosse (the toughest game I have ever played) I enjoyed but not enough to seek it out to watch it be played on TV. Anyone that thinks they are a Harley Hardass needs to play a game of Lacrosse and find out what its all about.

Games like soccer and cricket are huge worldwide but after playing them and watching them I don't care for either. Other games like Lacrosse (the toughest game I have ever played) I enjoyed but not enough to seek it out to watch it be played on TV. Anyone that thinks they are a Harley Hardass needs to play a game of Lacrosse and find out what its all about.
I can watch lacrosse and enjoy it. Like hockey, it's a sport where play takes place behind the goal.

Water polo is a b!tch once you learn those guys aren't standing on the bottom of the pool.

Goodyear pleased with Charlotte Roval tire test

In preparation for next October’s Bank of America 500, Goodyear tested several different tire compounds last Tuesday and Wednesday around the proposed 2.42-mile, 18-turn course. Kurt Busch, Martin Truex Jr., Jamie McMurray and Daniel Hemric participated in the test.

Goodyear’s general manager of worldwide racing, Stu Grant, was pleased with the overall results.

“We’ve landed in a pretty darn good place after the first test we had there,” Grant told Motorsport.com. “We started off with the Watkins Glen configuration, just like we ran with AJ Allmendinger about a year ago. That was a good starting place because from a speed standpoint, we thought that would be close.

“It was a little bit hard for getting through some of these slow corners in the infield, so we built a series of test tires that had softer compounds on them as we went from Watkins Glen towards a Sonoma-type of compound range. We ended up with a very good setup that provided enough grip and enough durability to get us through the fast corners on the oval, but it also gave us enough traction to get through some of the slow corners in the infield.”

Finding the perfect tire
For Goodyear, that was the main challenge of the exercise — finding a tire that could handle the speed and load of the oval with offering enough grip on the road course.

“We knew we wanted to have a road course construction because of all the twists and turns in the infield,” Grant said. “But the trick was getting the compound right to be able to balance the durability you need on the fast corner with enough grip to get through the infield,” Grant added.

Grant said the feedback from the drivers was unanimous in the selection of the tire.

“We were happy that we came out of there with a good tire,” Grant added. “We don’t plan on going back unless they make a major change to the configuration, which I don't anticipate.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-goodyear-charlotte-roval-tire-test-970077/

Are they allowed to put all four wheels on the painted parts? Asking for a Dutch friend.
yeah that's funny and it was only two I believe. never touched him either.

upload_2017-10-24_13-0-13.jpeg

Tell him can drive any-freakin'-where he wants as long as there are no double yellow lines (and it's not a restart :D)

yeah I thought anywhere you can put the car like you say unless there is an out of bounds in place. That was a really clean pass too, I have seen many passes in F-1 that weren't close to that clean.

While I agree in principle, it's too early to tell if this is another symptom or just a blind hog finding an acorn. In his defense (words I never expected to type), this was the track's decision, not his.

The only reason we are even discussing this less than stellar idea is because of the ditch Brian has driven the NASCAR bus into.

Oh geez, what other tracks are going to try this? If Charlotte is successful, there’s going to be a Roval boom like there was for night racing in the 90’s and early 2000’s when it seemed every track had a night race. The novelty will wear off for this like it did for that.

You know if you didn't have a splitter damaging it wouldn't be an issue

You know if you didn't have a splitter damaging it wouldn't be an issue
that is one piece of the puzzle, the other is trying to keep the speeds down on the oval part. I don't think they will change that part of the course. Slow news day. Nascar has already given the teams the changes that are going to be on the 2018 cars is another.

Call me when ISC announces they'll try this at the plate tracks.

I'm cool with 4 plate races a year at Daytona & Talladega, but I think it would be cool to see The Clash alternate every year between the oval and road course.

Also wish SMI would use The Bullring at LVMS for one of their races for Trucks.

Back
Top Bottom