NASCAR stages road course test at Charlotte Motor Speedway

WHOOOO-HOOOOO! Upper Ford Terrace, Row 47 (bottom row of upper terrace), Section AA (narrow section on the end so no one walks in front of me)!
upload_2017-11-21_9-23-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-21_9-23-44.png
    upload_2017-11-21_9-23-44.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 333
Well you've earned it then.

I have not paid more than $100 for a single-day racing event. I'e paid $90 at Loudon and $80 at Pocono.
These were $90. I recall paying $105 somewhere, sometime ('99 Brickyard, maybe?) but that was likely the only time I've been over $100.

Darlington has a 50% military discount.

Logano and Kurt Busch ran the Roval last night on Fast and Loud using a Pantera and a Cobra Daytona replica. They ran it at night also. I didn't think it was lit.

:mad: Crap, I tried to buy my Tickets for the September 28, 29 and 30th of September at Charlotte and they tell me it will be March 2018 before I can buy. :confused::(:mad:
I want to be in the Club Deck at pit exit.

:mad: Crap, I tried to buy my Tickets for the September 28, 29 and 30th of September at Charlotte and they tell me it will be March 2018 before I can buy. :confused::(:mad:
I just got off of the phone with Martinsville for the spring race and they went up on their club prices. She said that they still sell those out every race.

Yeah, they don't like to sell tickets for events when they have another scheduled between now and then. That's been the norm with any of the tracks that I've purchased from.

Yeah, they don't like to sell tickets for events when they have another scheduled between now and then. That's been the norm with any of the tracks that I've purchased from.
Haven't been to a race since Bush closed the border, however we had 18 seats for the Daytona 500 and we paid for our seats before leaving the track each year. At times we got notices that we could improve our seats and we would of course.

Haven't been to a race since Bush closed the border, however we had 18 seats for the Daytona 500 and we paid for our seats before leaving the track each year. At times we got notices that we could improve our seats and we would of course.
Yeah, they'll renew tickets ahead of time. They need to do that to know what seats they have to sell for an event. I was simply saying that if you are trying to buy tickets for the second of two races, and your not a current ticket holder, they don't normally sell them. I've always had to wait until the conclusion of their first date of the year before being able to purchase seats for the second race of the year. I'm sure there are exceptions. There always are.

CMS believes updated Charlotte Roval will "provide the best show"

Charlotte Motor Speedway and NASCAR unveiled a change to CMS’ “Roval” course, first reported by Motorsport.com in November.

On the first day of the 2018 NASCAR Media Tour, CMS announced the original 2.42-mile course has been modified to 2.28 miles, with the biggest change being the elimination of the final two turns before cars were carried back up onto the regular track in the area of Turn 1.

The change in layout is expected to reduce lap times on the course by upwards of 10 to 15 seconds, depending on tire fall-off.

“With these updates, the Roval is sure to provide the best show for the fans and the most challenging road course race for drivers,” said Marcus Smith, president and CEO of Speedway Motorsports, Inc.

“We’ve obtained great feedback over the past year from champion drivers including Mario Andretti and Jeff Gordon, and with their help and a collaborative effort with NASCAR, Charlotte Motor Speedway is proud to showcase this brand-new course on the NASCAR schedule.

“Fans are going to see a thrill show unlike any other when September rolls around and racing comes to the Roval.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-charlotte-roval-road-course-998223/

nascar-cup-charlotte-road-course-rendering-2017-charlotte-motor-speedway-roval-7319844.jpg

So with the exception of the two chicanes, it's the same layout other series have run here for years. :rolleyes:

I admit I prefer this to the cramped arrangement they tested with earlier. Maybe some sports car club will want to use that new asphalt.

CMS believes updated Charlotte Roval will "provide the best show"

Charlotte Motor Speedway and NASCAR unveiled a change to CMS’ “Roval” course, first reported by Motorsport.com in November.

On the first day of the 2018 NASCAR Media Tour, CMS announced the original 2.42-mile course has been modified to 2.28 miles, with the biggest change being the elimination of the final two turns before cars were carried back up onto the regular track in the area of Turn 1.

The change in layout is expected to reduce lap times on the course by upwards of 10 to 15 seconds, depending on tire fall-off.

“With these updates, the Roval is sure to provide the best show for the fans and the most challenging road course race for drivers,” said Marcus Smith, president and CEO of Speedway Motorsports, Inc.

“We’ve obtained great feedback over the past year from champion drivers including Mario Andretti and Jeff Gordon, and with their help and a collaborative effort with NASCAR, Charlotte Motor Speedway is proud to showcase this brand-new course on the NASCAR schedule.

“Fans are going to see a thrill show unlike any other when September rolls around and racing comes to the Roval.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-charlotte-roval-road-course-998223/

I seem to remember telling everybody those last two turns HAD to go........ ;)

I'm a little surprised there's so little runoff room. But that's what most road racing fans ask for, right? And the tarmac itself looks pretty wide.

I'm a little surprised there's so little runoff room. But that's what most road racing fans ask for, right? And the tarmac itself looks pretty wide.

Thinking the same thing..Goodyear coming up with an off road tire? At any rate, they are going to have to tip toe thru some parts of the course as it stands. Should be a challenge

Whoever takes the inside line of the turn at 0:42 gets a free wheel-barrow from me to carry their you-know-what's in...

Truex is right though, there are a LOT of places where going off means a destroyed racecar.

I think I'm going to sit this one out. Between the Short Track Nationals at Bristol and the big modified race at Loudon in Spetember I'll be OK if I can't make it to this.

I think if it is a success, there will be more Rovals. Probably from the Speedway side. I would guess Texas next..try to take the pressure away from fans wanting Nascar to run at the C.O.T.A.

Are you happy or are you not happy with this?

I for one, am all good with this length. It will be a very good test of men and Machines. Part of the excitement is seeing who figures it out the fastest. :booya:

I'm very happy. A real endurance race. Brake management and tire management are gonna be key.

FWIW, I don’t think NASCAR has explicitly stated the race distance yet. I highly doubt they would run 500 miles or even 500k. The track used the old name as a placeholder and I haven’t seen NASCAR say anything other than they’ll use test data to come up with the race distance for later in the year.

FWIW, I don’t think NASCAR has explicitly stated the race distance yet. I highly doubt they would run 500 miles or even 500k. The track used the old name as a placeholder and I haven’t seen NASCAR say anything other than they’ll use test data to come up with the race distance for later in the year.

I'm not gonna dig up the release but it's 500k. It's on Jayski.

Back
Top Bottom