NASCAR stages road course test at Charlotte Motor Speedway

Black car on the track, no numbers. Just bowties and 'Chevrolet' on hood, doors, roof. Anybody know who's wheeling it? I'm guessing Hendrick has a generic backup car so it could be used by any of the drivers / teams, so it may be Bowman.

Black car on the track, no numbers. Just bowties and 'Chevrolet' on hood, doors, roof. Anybody know who's wheeling it? I'm guessing Hendrick has a generic backup car so it could be used by any of the drivers / teams, so it may be Bowman.
Chris Buescher in the Chevy wheelforce car is what I read.

Hmm last week it was heading into the infield that was giving everyone problems today it's that turn

For the record...it took the track crew over 30 minutes to fish out Byron's car and re-build the tire barrier. I realize they probably don't have a full crew there today but that's not gonna fly for the race.

Bizarre. He crossed the S/F line, made the turn for the second quad-oval dogleg successfully, and then it looks like the car went straight into the tires without even trying to make turn 1.

Bizarre. He crossed the S/F line, made the turn for the second quad-oval dogleg successfully, and then it looks like the car went straight into the tires without even trying to make turn 1.
Forget who it was, maybe Marty Snider, but someone caught up with him and he said he went for the brakes and they didn't respond.

Today's bunch don't appear to be running as high up onto the banking when they come out of the back chicane.
Forget who it was, maybe Marty Snider, but someone caught up with him and he said he went for the brakes and they didn't respond.
He must not have had the time or awareness to even turn the wheel. Probably too focused on trying to stop the car. Odd, because I assume he just used them to slow for the front chicane. He got several inches of air when he jumped the right-side curb in the middle of the chicane; maybe he damaged the brakes then?

Boy he wadded it up. He didn't even get close to making that turn, Bubba came closer at least. :D That's two in deadman's #1 curve

The first turn is always a dosey.

With the 39 other cars, its going to be nightmarish.
a little nudge is all ya need. :D I don't consider it nightmarish, it will hopefully be a twisted sister to the old short track bull rings in places

Looks like a Vincent Van Gogh rendition of a race car

DiUx117XcAA5_kD.jpg

"It's short-track racing in the infield" on the Charlotte Roval
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...n-the-infield-on-the-charlotte-roval-1061025/

“It’s definitely an interesting track – it’s unique, it has a lot of fast areas, it has some slow areas. Through the infield there, it reminds me of my Champ Car days running on a street course; it’s pretty tight back there.”

In fact, Allmendinger said, “There’s going to be a lot of contact. Through the infield, it’s fairly narrow. There’s going to be contact. It’s short track racing in the infield.

“There’s a uniqueness to it because we’re still running at high speeds on the oval. If you take off a fender, it’s going to be a big deal to your race car.”

That last bit will be something to watch for. You probably can't afford to hurt the car too much like you can at Sonoma, with the oval portion being as quick as it is. With it being the cutoff race some guys are going to have to pick their battles wisely through the infield.

"It's short-track racing in the infield" on the Charlotte Roval
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...n-the-infield-on-the-charlotte-roval-1061025/

That last bit will be something to watch for. You probably can't afford to hurt the car too much like you can at Sonoma, with the oval portion being as quick as it is. With it being the cutoff race some guys are going to have to pick their battles wisely through the infield.
maybe crew chiefs will be figuring how to reinforce fenders and opening up the wheel houses for survival instead of staring at wind tunnel results and trying to eek out another half a mile an hour out of the car.:idunno:

and yet another youngster testing out the tires

And Bowman finds the tires probably the least amount of damage out of the other youngsters

:idunno:

NASCAR and Charlotte will view this as a success while the fans will absolutely hate it. Last man standing.

KB. Anywhere. Anytime. #PureTalent
Yeah, I'm not a Kyle fan by any stretch of the imagination but if anyone is going to figure a new track out first it's going to be him.

I hope he keeps abusing that chicane like that in the race. Car won't make it past lap 50.

I think Dinger's got it this time around for once. He's so smooth and he was attacking turns with little effort. Especially with a new track, I think he's my favorite to get it done.

Lets just hope the car holds up.

I'm wondering what competitive cars are going to do when they come up on a back marker at the chicane entrance. :eek:

I think Dinger's got it this time around for once. He's so smooth and he was attacking turns with little effort. Especially with a new track, I think he's my favorite to get it done.

Yep.

I hope he keeps abusing that chicane like that in the race. Car won't make it past lap 50.
It's a Toyota. It can take it. All. Day. Long.
Maybe he has the shift pattern down by now? :eek:
I'm wondering what competitive cars are going to do when they come up on a back marker at the chicane entrance. :eek:
This is where Wasted Space will get his revenge. Masterful.
that will be Goodyear's fault :cool:
They have gone out there several times, and they are 50% certain about the tire for a ****** Playoff race. How much confidence do you have?

He should. He's probably had more test laps here than any other active Cup driver. He's the one who wore out the original layout last year, way back in post #27.

Yesterday I thought he had locked up his fronts and slid into the barrier. But upon further review, I think that smoke from the right front is not coming from the contact patch. It might be from brake fluid burning on the rotor??
See if you can find a reply of him going through the front chicane just before the wreck. The brakes were working when he slowed off 4 entering the chicane. It looked to me like he got more air over the mid-chicane curbing than other cars. I think he came down on the curb and maybe damaged part of the brake system.

100% idle speculation with no supporting evidence.

Back
Top Bottom