NASCAR stages road course test at Charlotte Motor Speedway

The course just seems so winding with very little speed, I'm just not sure about it.

I bet the IMSA guys are watching the turn 1 struggles and snickering. Turn 1 at Daytona is a beast.

The course just seems so winding with very little speed, I'm just not sure about it.

I bet the IMSA guys are watching the turn 1 struggles and snickering. Turn 1 at Daytona is a beast.
I hope the IMSA guys will have a chance to find out for themselves.

I wonder what their entry speed into 1 is. Look's like they're getting more back than I expected, plus it's slightly downhill.

Is gonna be super tricky there, I just hope there's nothing that collects a whole bunch of drivers due to one guy's mistake with how it funnels down.

If a driver can get the inside under another car going into 1 ...
Would setting that up require running closer to the wall when coming off the front chicane, to get an arc into 1 and maybe undercutting the leading / outside car? I'm picturing something like that Banzai move somebody in IMSA pulled off at Laguna Seca ... last year?

it is similar to what they do in the Rolex at Daytona, but on the Roval there is a left hander after one instead of a right hander, so if they can get to the inside they can try to hold the inside around two.

Joey Meyer said they arent backing off on the straight till they pass the quarter mile going in to 1

It looks like they start pulling down for the backstretch chicane just after they get past the big TV. There's a logo (ZMax?) painted on the outside wall just before the entrance to turn 3; it looks like that lines up with the middle of the chicane. It looks like they get full up on the turn 3 banking between the second and third billboards, give or take, then move back to the bottom before the billboards end, well before the transition from 3 to 4.

Or maybe I'm over analyzing this? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Literally anytime I’m running a GT car in Project Cars I take a breath before going in there. To come off with that much speed is brutal.

I’ll tell ya what this might be the future of the sport for some of these tracks

Oh no sausage kerbs?

NASCAR is out for blood.
lol

AlTu-8bi64UXVVxaHf7cQTA5xs0CrXjxoc9r-BR93AY.jpg

Most important things to lock down, IMO...getting through the two chicanes cleanly and quickly and getting up out of the infield onto the oval the same. Any lost momentum there will kill your lap and open yourself up to being passed into the three braking zones that follow those.

Looks like we may see another pass in the grass there. Good to see another road course added to the schedule.

I think it would have been more interesting to have had the race without the drivers getting a test. Just drive it cold. :laugh:

I think it would have been more interesting to have had the race without the drivers getting a test. Just drive it cold. :laugh:
I always say the more interesting times are when they get no practice

Back
Top Bottom