NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

Do you happen to know what an average evening audience on FS1 currently looks like?
It’s hard to find an average prime time number for them but in 2019 MLS averaged 161k on FS1, MLB 340k, and 2018-2019 college basketball 171k.

I actually have no idea what FS1 shows on weeknights this time of year with college basketball over - MLB is mostly Saturday and MLS mostly Sunday for them. I wonder how feasible it would be to pick up even a select few weekday events.

".@FoxSports earned 971,000 viewers for Sunday's @NASCAR Pro Invitational Series from virtual Richmond, down from 1.18M at virtual Bristol. "

And Bristol was down 200,000 from the week before. Three more races and the 18-49 will have to carry it themselves.

".@FoxSports earned 971,000 viewers for Sunday's @NASCAR Pro Invitational Series from virtual Richmond, down from 1.18M at virtual Bristol. "

And Bristol was down 200,000 from the week before. Three more races and the 18-49 will have to carry it themselves.
It’s about in line with typical viewer fatigue for actual NASCAR races so far. The real Richmond race last year was at about 76% of the viewership of the Texas race, the virtual race this year at about 72% of Texas. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an uptick at Talladega this weekend and then another slide.

Doing pretty good so far, the gerbil's mess they put together is another story.

1588097603733.png

Doing pretty good so far, the gerbil's mess they put together is another story.

View attachment 46604
I wonder if all of these sports networks are going to come out the other side. ESPN was already on shaky ground. I can't see cable / satellite providers continuing to carry them at their current overpriced rate, esp. if they don't have anything beside talking heads and video games.

This is a head scratcher as much as they hyped N. Wilkesboro

I always tried to make it to a race at North Wilkesboro. There was just something special about going there. A few years back they ran a late model race (maybe PASS) and I was disappointed to not make it. But I did do a "pay per view" to watch. That said, I just am not interested in watching other people play a game when I have other outside options, even if it includes a historic track like NW.

On-par with the numbers they were getting in 2010. Good step but I expected more to be honest.

FWIW, more people watched the Darlington race in the early afternoon than the much hyped "The Last Dance" in the evening.

NASCAR Cup Race at Darlington: 6.32 million viewers
"The Last Dance" Episode 9: 5.89 million viewers
"The Last Dance" Episode 10: 5.40 million viewers

That's not to say that the Jordan movie wasn't hugely successful for ESPN. It is their second most watched scripted program ever. The most watched? "3", the Dale Earnhardt movie, in 2004 with 7.25 million viewers.

About a 40% increase in viewers from the Talladega race ran last year around this time.. that's amazing! Great for the sport! Hopefully drew in some new fans too.. I think/hope wednesday will be similar or higher.

I don’t think a huge number was ever in the cards. The Daytona 500 started with around 11M viewers before the rain moved it to Monday, and there wasn’t much going on besides XFL, a college basketball game, and non-major PGA golf. It was always going to be between what all other races on OTA earn and what the 500 earns, although I am maybe a little surprised it wasn’t a little higher up in that range. It was higher than what they’ve been getting post-Junior and that’s probably enough for all involved.

FS1 has cracked the 4M mark once, if they can hit that again for a midweek race it would be very solid.

2.087M for the Toyota 500 last night. I am admittedly surprised by this one. Even though it was pushed up to 6 PM a day earlier the race ultimately going off closer to 8 and deeper into prime time should’ve been more beneficial. That did put it up against The Masked Singer for an hour.

I was hoping for 2.5 million. It was on cable and seemed to be less promoted than the Sunday race.

2.087M for the Toyota 500 last night. I am admittedly surprised by this one. Even though it was pushed up to 6 PM a day earlier the race ultimately going off closer to 8 and deeper into prime time should’ve been more beneficial. That did put it up against The Masked Singer for an hour.

Not bad, I do not think this race was pushed. Honestly, I've seen more adverisment for the Coke 600 than yesterdays race.

Almost 2.1 isn't bad though.

Not bad, I do not think this race was pushed. Honestly, I've seen more adverisment for the Coke 600 than yesterdays race.

I don’t think it works as a proof of concept for midweek races. More numbers like that and I think the networks would rather just keep everything on weekends (none of FS1’s non-delayed races were that low last season). They’ll need a bigger number next week without Masked Singer, imo.

I was hoping for 2.5 million. It was on cable and seemed to be less promoted than the Sunday race.

True about last night's race not being promoted much at all, I don't recall hearing any ads for it now that you mention it.

Back
Top Bottom