NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

NASCAR has more races on fs1 than fox. That tells me nothing.
More Cup races on Fox as of now. Next year that changes.

Oh, and Fox has publicly talked about the importance of having their biggest properties on broadcast instead of cable. And then puts NASCAR almost entirely on cable and pitches qualifying off to Amazon.

Yet having more basketball games and other properties move from cable to broadcast is a priority.

The new NASCAR TV deal needs more races on national TV from FOX & NBC.

At least House of Highlights is taking over some stuff.

NASCAR is literally being used to prop cable TV up when everyone is ditching cable.

Likely because of the age of the average viewer.

NASCAR has a seat at the negotiating table. They chose $$$ over exposure.

I like The CW deal a lot more, especially if they have a free app to watch Xfinity.

NASCAR has a seat at the negotiating table. They chose $$$ over exposure.

I like The CW deal a lot more, especially if they have a free app to watch Xfinity.

They were under a lot of pressure from the RTA to bring home the bacon.

The alliance is gonna kill the sport in pursuit of money and cost savings. Look what has happened to Speed Days.

Another thing to keep in mind; engagement is just as important as viewership. If not more important.

There’s a reason NASCAR got that money in a ratings death spiral.

i still think they get 8-10 million if they had just started it at 7 PM and run it in primetime. And probably 8-10 million if it ran as scheduled. That’s still a big number especially when you see that the delayed race in 2021 got less even though it ran on the same day.

I truly think Daytona would’ve pushed 10 mill if it ran on Sunday and that’s a great number for race 2 of the season.

Shew, interesting to see if the Netflix fans will stay after Las Vegas race when they see it won’t be pack racing. Next Gen car does race good on the 1.5 mile tracks.

I haven’t seen the Netflix thing but I know it was very well received by people here. The Atlanta race had about 225k more viewers than the second race last year so if gains like that can be maintained it would be great.

Shew, interesting to see if the Netflix fans will stay after Las Vegas race when they see it won’t be pack racing. Next Gen car does race good on the 1.5 mile tracks.

All the ingredients are in place for Las Vegas to be another ratings blockbuster.

I think the Netflix viewers who watched last week are sticking around for a while. There will be momentum after that bat**** thrilling Atlanta finish. And Fox has a strong lead-in (Caitlin Clark for the overall record) at 1pm.

And Fox has a strong lead-in (Caitlin Clark for the overall record) at 1pm.
I must be an anomaly. I'm not a fan of sports overall, and don't stay tuned for whatever sport is on next after a race. I can't imagine why a basketball fan would watch NASCAR after a game ended, instead of switching to another game.

Just me.

I must be an anomaly. I'm not a fan of sports overall, and don't stay tuned for whatever sport is on next after a race. I can't imagine why a basketball fan would watch NASCAR after a game ended, instead of switching to another game.

Just me.

The amount of people who don’t change the channel could turn out to be miniscule but it won’t be zero.

Both the game and race have potential to draw casual sports fans.

The amount of people who don’t change the channel could turn out to be miniscule but it won’t be zero.

Both the game and race have potential to draw casual sports fans.
Maybe it's that I don't understand being a casual sports fan. I can't think of many circumstances under which I would watch most sports. If it’s not something I actively interested in, I switch to something else, not necessarily sports over anything else.

Again, just me.

Maybe it's that I don't understand being a casual sports fan. I can't think of many circumstances under which I would watch most sports. If it’s not something I actively interested in, I switch to something else, not necessarily sports over anything else.

Again, just me.

I am something of a casual sports fan. NASCAR, IndyCar and F1 will come first (unless the Jacksonville Jaguars are playing) but I do get around to watching other sports casually.

Our regional sports networks here in the Southeast actually make it very hard to be a die-hard sports fan. The RSNs here are in so few homes that it's pointless to become a fan of the Carolina Hurricanes or Charlotte Hornets. Around here, you can watch every hockey game EXCEPT the Carolina Hurricanes, and every NBA game EXCEPT the Charlotte Hornets. One of many reasons college sports dominate the southeast.

But to my point, I don't watch horse racing but I'll watch the Kentucky Derby. I don't watch baseball (unless the Orioles are on) but I'll watch the "clinch" games in the World Series or watch a "Game 7.". I don't watch hockey but will watch the Stanley Cup Finals, or watch a "Game 7." I don't watch basketball, but will watch UNC/Duke and select games in the tournaments (or when Caitlin Clark is playing). When Britney Griner returned to the WNBA after her ordeal in that ****hole Russia (**** Putin), I watched. If someone's going for a record previously thought untouchable, I'll watch.

Both events on Fox Sports have a lot of interest from casual sports fans. Caitlin Clark will likely write another chapter to her electrifying career on Sunday, and NASCAR has a lot of interest right now between the Netflix series and that incredible bat**** finish in Atlanta.

But to my point, I don't watch horse racing but I'll watch the Kentucky Derby. I don't watch baseball (unless the Orioles are on) but I'll watch the "clinch" games in the World Series or watch a "Game 7.". I don't watch hockey but will watch the Stanley Cup Finals, or watch a "Game 7." I don't watch basketball, but will watch UNC/Duke and select games in the tournaments (or when Caitlin Clark is playing).
This what I mean by not understanding 'casual sports fans'. I don't 'get' watching marquee events for activities I don't watch otherwise.

This what I mean by not understanding 'casual sports fans'. I don't 'get' watching marquee events for activities I don't watch otherwise.

They're events, and the drama is there to make it captivating television.

If it's Tiger Woods returning to golf after his injuries, you've automatically got someone to root for. If you're watching Caitlin Clark go for the record, you're rooting for her to get those 18 points. If you were watching the Super Bowl for the first time ever, you were probably rooting for the team Taylor Swift's boyfriend is playing for.

NASCAR, right now, is captivating television, thanks to Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom