NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

Seems like NASCAR does better on Monday night that any other timeslot. Might be something to consider going forward for a lot of tracks...

Is there a pattern? Better early or late?
It's safe to say there were probably many more viewers at the end of the race when people had gotten out of work/school and weren't able to watch the start. The 7 million is an average but I wanna know the peak number.

Seems like NASCAR does better on Monday night that any other timeslot. Might be something to consider going forward for a lot of tracks...

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... if a race is pushed to Monday and the track has lights, it should be run on Monday night at 7pm.

Half the Daytona racing thread has corkers complaining about the late start that ran into the night. What can we say to them to make it all better...how about nothing. I learned a long time ago I have no control about start times, the powers that be and are invested in the success of the sport do. That usually works so much better than mine or anybody else's opinion.

Half the Daytona racing thread has corkers complaining about the late start that ran into the night. What can we say to them to make it all better...how about nothing. I learned a long time ago I have no control about start times, the powers that be and are invested in the success of the sport do. That usually works so much better than mine or anybody else's opinion.

Some fans will complain about anything. A later start on a Monday means more people can watch. If it starts at 1pm, they'll complain that they have to work. If it's 6pm, they'll complain that it's unfair to ticket holders or teams or something. If it's on cable, they'll bitch that they can't afford it. If it's on OTA, they'll bitch that they can't afford a $10 antenna.

Harry Gant really likes this thread.

Me too ... there's a little bit of everything in here including a reincarnation.

Up 3% with the under-50 crowd and almost beating Celtics-Lakers?

nAsCaR iS dEaD

Great numbers, I'm starting to think NASCAR has a chance at a renaissance/resurgence in popularity in the 2020s if the sport plays it right

Let the drivers show more personality, keep up the positive schedule changes and get the Gen 7 package right? Yeah, the 20s are gonna be real good.

Let the drivers show more personality, keep up the positive schedule changes and get the Gen 7 package right? Yeah, the 20s are gonna be real good.

Also we’re in a time where you still have some solid long time drivers and then the young crop is starting to mature (Larson, Blaney, Elliott)

Also we’re in a time where you still have some solid long time drivers and then the young crop is starting to mature (Larson, Blaney, Elliott)

One day Kyle Busch is gonna be the old man of the sport. Oh boy...

Don't remind me, I still miss all those 2000s guys.

I think it’s in a good spot. The fact that the president of barstool does a weekly podcast with Clint Bowyer is huge I think for our sport in bringing young eyes to it.

Also elephant in the room is if Hallie Deegan becomes a legit driver that will change the ballgame. I could see her reaching Dale Jr type of celebrity status easily.

Overall racing is healthy in America again, IndyCar is on an upswing, NASCAR seems to be rebounding, record attendance at the Rolex 24, and sprint car racing is more popular than ever. I’m liking it

I think it’s in a good spot. The fact that the president of barstool does a weekly podcast with Clint Bowyer is huge I think for our sport in bringing young eyes to it.

Also elephant in the room is if Hallie Deegan becomes a legit driver that will change the ballgame. I could see her reaching Dale Jr type of celebrity status easily.

Overall racing is healthy in America again, IndyCar is on an upswing, NASCAR seems to be rebounding, record attendance at the Rolex 24, and sprint car racing is more popular than ever. I’m liking it
Plus drag racing in Phoenix last Sun was a sell out crowd also.

take note deathbedders

The ratings don't matter.

The lowest rated broadcast network, The CW, renewed its entire primetime lineup a year after expanding primetime to six days a week.

As for sports rights fees, they're still hot and getting hotter as more and more scripted content moves to streaming media. Fox has previously talked about putting more sporting events on broadcast television primetime. Just having the sports content is everything, and there will always be a segment of the population that wants to watch motorsports.

Back
Top Bottom