NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

Not a final number, and not a legitimate comparison - July 4th weekend held the fourth race last year, which got about 1.07M. So it’s a lesser drop than the first two races if it holds tomorrow. Still probably nothing over 1M after the other five races last year were all 1.2M+.

It's just my opinion, but I'd suggest that more and more people are realizing that "Superstar Racing Experience" doesn't have many superstars (although a couple of 'em were in prior decades) and also doesn't have legit racing (more like a Barnum & Bailey circus act).

So "Superstar Racing Experience" becomes just "Experience" and that's not enough to hold audience attention.

It's just my opinion, but I'd suggest that more and more people are realizing that "Superstar Racing Experience" doesn't have many superstars (although a couple of 'em were in prior decades) and also doesn't have legit racing (more like a Barnum & Bailey circus act).

So "Superstar Racing Experience" becomes just "Experience" and that's not enough to hold audience attention.
I'll watch it over any truck or Xfinity race on a Saturday night

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I like SRX. It’s better than some of these Truck races. I hope it sticks around in the 6 race summer format, though I wonder about the series running on the 4th of July.

Also I wish the dang 4th of July weekend was at Daytona as a fan on TV too. Just seemed like the 400 at Daytona in July was a tradition, even a tradition to dodge rain and have to deal with it sometimes.

I like SRX. It’s better than some of these Truck races. I hope it sticks around in the 6 race summer format, though I wonder about the series running on the 4th of July.

Also I wish the dang 4th of July weekend was at Daytona as a fan on TV too. Just seemed like the 400 at Daytona in July was a tradition, even a tradition to dodge rain and have to deal with it sometimes.
Used to race before the rain. I think it started around 11 am.

They played soccer in front of tens of people at Daytona this holiday weekend. Just weird.

I've watched all 9 SRX events and this past weekend I think was the best racing. Marco, Smoke, Biffle, Newman, and even Tracy all raced really hard and mostly fair.

You have a valid point about lack of Superstars though

We must put the Firecracker 400 weekend back into existence. Road America does not need to go, it can be right after.

IndyCar gets paid about $5 and has mostly terrible TV windows. NASCAR is stuck in a contract with a network who spent billions trying to build up a cable channel that wound up failing spectacularly.
So they lose their asses putting Nascar on a no where channel, take it in the shorts from advertisers with overhead that is the same. Got it.

Fourth of July by the beach with nighttime fireworks just made sense.

The Daytona SoccerFest got like 3,000 people from what I saw

Atlanta as the regular season finale would be fine & Daytona on the 4th of July would be great. Pit Road America/Chicago(?) right after that.

They literally had more people between the age 18-49 tune in for the F1 Silverstone race in 2022, then the entire TV audience who tuned in for the F1 Silverstone 2018 race.

wow.

Didn't take long for this jackass Nascar hater to show up with his biased B.S. Probably have him yapping until the playoffs start when bumbling NBC graces us with big NBC.
attendence was up with Fox, NBC nukes that

I don't see any evidence that he's a hater, nor biased. I did however see 100% facts, and I've shared similar concerns here in the past as well and unsurprisingly got labeled as the same. Lack of interest in younger fans is in fact a concern, and go ahead and name-call me again all you want. But it's just the truth.

I don't see any evidence that he's a hater, nor biased. I did however see 100% facts, and I've shared similar concerns here in the past as well and unsurprisingly got labeled as the same. Lack of interest in younger fans is in fact a concern, and go ahead and name-call me again all you want. But it's just the truth.
They have been yapping about that for at least 15 years. It's nonsense. They sell plenty of commercials

F1 has been doing a lot of things right lately and nascar has well...been doing things

F1 has the series drive to survive
Nascar has Race and whatever that dumpster fire they call the Austin Dillion show. Man I just don't see how they don't draw a younger crowd

I don’t see what’s wrong with trying to gain new fans. The fan base has been skewing older for quite some time and you gotta remedy that eventually. It’s even worse in the 18-34 demo.

So they lose their asses putting Nascar on a no where channel, take it in the shorts from advertisers with overhead that is the same. Got it.
Well, they spent all of that money to be on cable so they’re still going to be mostly on cable for the next two years as well. It’s quite possible NASCAR decides not to take the maximum monetary offer they can get if they can seal a deal that offers more OTA time at a slightly lower price in the new deal.

Well, they spent all of that money to be on cable so they’re still going to be mostly on cable for the next two years as well. It’s quite possible NASCAR decides not to take the maximum monetary offer they can get if they can seal a deal that offers more OTA time at a slightly lower price in the new deal.
eh, that's one way. Nascar is getting paid the same whatever NBC does. I will believe it when I see it when the schedule comes out next year. NBC is taking it in the shorts selling advertising for the bush league USA channel. Like I said the overhead is the same. I wouldn't be surprised if they fill the USA races with junk adds trying desperately to pay the overhead.

F1 has been doing a lot of things right lately and nascar has well...been doing things

F1 has the series drive to survive
Nascar has Race and whatever that dumpster fire they call the Austin Dillion show. Man I just don't see how they don't draw a younger crowd

It’s also shorter. Biggest thing that kills NASCAR and baseball is it’s time limit. Football is the only sport that can get away with long games

So it appears that SRX is very stable at just below 1 million for each race. I gotta say too, that the last 3 SRX races have been pretty damn good. I thoroughly enjoyed the Nashville racing this past weekend, I thought personally it was the best racing I saw all weekend.

Good number for the trucks, surprised to see such a falloff of Xfinity, and good to see YOY increase for Cup.

Also worth noting, that F1 at Austria also saw yet another increase
2021: 980k
2022: 1,066,000 with 472k of those being the coveted 18-49 year old demo.

So it appears that SRX is very stable at just below 1 million for each race. I gotta say too, that the last 3 SRX races have been pretty damn good. I thoroughly enjoyed the Nashville racing this past weekend, I thought personally it was the best racing I saw all weekend.
Definitely the best racing I saw all weekend. I stand by my thoughts that the increase in travel and people doing things this summer post covid is responsible for the numbers slightly lower than last year.

Back
Top Bottom