NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

I’d also be looking out for the Chase Effect the next few weeks. This is the time of season he missed last year.

Good point. A lot of people on social media said the reason ratings slipped was because Chase couldn’t race.

Xfinity - 1.027M (1.133M)
Truck - 603k (623k)

F1 Bahrain - 1.122M (1.318M)

Xfinity - 1.027M (1.133M)
Truck - 603k (623k)

F1 Bahrain - 1.122M (1.318M)

Perhaps the most shocking part of the Sunday ratings is NASCAR having more 18-49 viewers than the Caitlin Clark game

Perhaps the most shocking part of the Sunday ratings is NASCAR having more 18-49 viewers than the Caitlin Clark game
Race fans have only one nationally televised race; there's no other concurrent race to split the audience. Clark was competing with multiple other college and pro basketball ball games on regional networks.

Race fans have only one nationally televised race; there's no other concurrent race to split the audience. Clark was competing with multiple other college and pro basketball ball games on regional networks.
Huge difference between 1pm and 4pm on a Sunday in the ratings world.

Massive bump in ratings. That Atlanta finish is going to be great momentum for the sport. Vegas' race was fantastic, too.

I noticed this a few years ago, the sport seems to have regained that cool vibe. Have to admit, the newest car looks sweet, sounds badass and races hard. A symmetrical car seems to be the answer on every style of track but the short ones

NASCAR has had a great beginning to the year and hopefully the momentum continues. For anyone interested in demographics here are some numbers from selected groups for the Las Vegas race.

18-49 847k viewers

18-34 259k viewers

25-54 1.2 million viewers.

NASCAR has had a great beginning to the year and hopefully the momentum continues. For anyone interested in demographics here are some numbers from selected groups for the Las Vegas race.

18-49 847k viewers

18-34 259k viewers

25-54 1.2 million viewers.

And I got called an idiot when I said Fox Sports would have a blockbuster Sunday between the Caitlin Clark effect and the race. Both events were gonna draw casual viewers.

Literally the two biggest sporting events of the weekend were back to back.

I noticed this a few years ago, the sport seems to have regained that cool vibe. Have to admit, the newest car looks sweet, sounds badass and races hard. A symmetrical car seems to be the answer on every style of track but the short ones
Don’t underestimate that Netflix series.

I think Prime and WB Discovery are gonna turn out some great content to supplement coverage too.

And I got called an idiot when I said Fox Sports would have a blockbuster Sunday between the Caitlin Clark effect and the race.
I guess that was another discussion; the only use of the word 'idiot' I find in the last three pages was yours. I freely admit to questioning the potential carry over (and high ratings for both don't necessarily indicate the audience for the game stayed for the race), but I don't recall anyone calling you names over it.

808k for Trucks, from 1.06M last year. I think being moved up several weeks from last year gave them a lot more competition in the Saturday night window than last year, so otherwise a good number still.

Back
Top Bottom