Nascar Trivia

buckaroo said:
Okay, since nobody is willing to take the helm here, I'll give another easy question. Who was the first Grand National (today's Nextel Cup) driver killed in a race and when?

I want to say it happened at Lakewood, but research says perhaps: Larry Mann in September 1954 at Langhorne, PA. ???????

Good enough, but my sources say that it happened September 14, 1952. Didn't say where it happened.

You're go.

buckaroo said:
Good enough, but my sources say that it happened September 14, 1952. Didn't say where it happened.

You're go.
Am headed out of town so will not be able to monitor.

Someone else try to "stump the panel". Will catch up in a few days!

Thanks,
Henry

Who is the most recent driver to lead every lap in a Cup race and what track was it at.

nascarwoman said:
Jeff Burton at New Hampshire ??? a few years ago.
Is your nickname "lightning". That was a fast response and it is now your go. :)

Ok, Bristol is next on the schedule so......... tell me who was the only driver to drive a buick to victory at this famed track. Bonus chocolate chip cookies if you can give the year.

nascarwoman said:
Ok, Bristol is next on the schedule so......... tell me who was the only driver to drive a buick to victory at this famed track. Bonus chocolate chip cookies if you can give the year.

Good ole DW in the early 1980's.

nascarwoman said:
Give that man a cookie!!!!!!!!!!! Right answer

You're up Historic

OK, lets stay with Bristol. What was the first car manufacturer to win at Bristol and for a cookie, who was the driver. (Hint, he is in one of the Hall of Fames).

nascarwoman said:
A Pontiac driven by Joe Weatherly back in 1961, ( I think)

Good stuff. It was a Pontiac but I believe the driver was Jack Smith. I could be wrong.

Your turn.....................

One of the great early ones - Bill Rexford. It had to be the early '50's?

nascarwoman said:
Very Good, Historic...... it was 1950 and Bill Rexford was the man!! Your turn.

OK, who was Jeff Gordon's car owner immediately before Hendrick?

Like I wouldn't know? :D

OK, who is this driver and who did he beat out for ROTY in what year?

Attachments

• LPond.jpg
    LPond.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 224
Close enough, It was Lenny in 1973 and he beat Jaws for the ROTY :beerbang:

I was thinkin (read worried) :D :D that nobody would get this one

Your turn

For NASCAR's premier division where was the first race held outside of the good old USA?

HistoricMustang said:
For NASCAR's premier division where was the first race held outside of the good old USA?
I am back. :)
All questions are limited to Nascar's premier division. :) Was it Buddy Shuman at: :)
At Stamford Park, Niagara Falls, Ontario on July 1, 1952

muggle not said:
I am back. :)
All questions are limited to Nascar's premier division. :) Was it Buddy Shuman at: :)
At Stamford Park, Niagara Falls, Ontario on July 1, 1952

Bingo and welcome back. Put one up!

Ok, an easy one for my return. :)

What driver reached 50 wins in the fewest (fastest) number of years.

muggle not said:
Ok, an easy one for my return. :)

What driver reached 50 wins in the fewest (fastest) number of years.

D. Earnhart!

Back
Top Bottom