Nascar Trivia

nascarwoman said:
How about Jeff Gordon?????
You are correct nascarwoman. Jeff Gordon reached 50 wins faster than any other of the drivers.

Ok.....this week it's Martinsville!!!!!!!!!!

so........tell me, Who won the first 500 mile race at Martinsville????????

nascarwoman said:
Ok.....this week it's Martinsville!!!!!!!!!!

so........tell me, Who won the first 500 mile race at Martinsville????????

Bump the thread. (Wondering if it should be perhaps 500 laps....)

Lets not let it die.

New posters?

Smoke1TS20 said:
i cant think of a question
so somebody make up a question!!!

OK, the great Glenn "Fireball" Roberts started his winning at a place that is special and ended his winning at a place that is special. What are those two places and why are they special?

Henry

Fireball's first win was at Occoneechee Speedway in Hillsboro - itwas his third start.
The year was 1950.

His last win was in 1963 at Darlington.....the Southern 500 for the second time. He died the following year as a result of a firey crash during the World 600 at Charlotte.
He was 35 years old.

edited for spelling.

nascarwoman said:
Fireball's first win was at Occoneechee Speedway in Hillsboro - itwas his third start.
The year was 1950.

His last win was in 1963 at Darlington.....the Southern 500 for the second time. He died the following year as a result of a firey crash during the World 600 at Charlotte.
He was 35 years old.

edited for spelling.

Sorry, but Glenn's last win was not at Darlington. Here is why Occoneechee Speedway is special (it is still here for us to enjoy):

http://www.carolinacountry.com/storypages/ourstories/speedway/OrangeSpeedwayJan04.pdf

I think the answer to the second part of the question will now fall into place.

Thanks and good racing,
Henry

"Fireball" won his last race here in Augusta and the regular posters know that the Augusta International Raceway road circuit is also being developed for public use. The place of his first victory and his last victory will always be with us.

Someone else try to "stump the panel".

Henry

John Lentz was Ned Jarrett's driver when Ned began his racing carreer. One night, John was sick and Ned filled in for him, using his name and finished second. The following week, Ned won still using John's name.

Okay, here's a goodie with three parts.

Where was the last top-level NASCAR race run on dirt? When? and who won the 100 mile event?

just a guess but, Lakewood Speedway in Atlanta, March 22, 1952, won by Johnny Beauchamp.

buckaroo said:
Nope, not even close. :(

This is a good one and I do not have a clue. A wild guess on the track would be Martinsville.......................

Either people have lost interest in this thread or this is a really tough one. Either way, I've decided to go ahead and chock this question up as one that won't be answered, so here's the answer.

The last top-level NASCAR race run on dirt was at the North Carolina State Fairground in Raleigh, NC, September 20, 1970. Richard Petty won the 100 mile event.

Okay, here's the next one. Might be hard, but then again, might not....

Two spectators were killed and six injured during the Mason Dixon 500 at Dover, Delaware, on May 15, 1983. What was the cause?

Who was the first driver to get black flagged at Daytona? Why did he get blacked flag?

ok cool,
ok this is an easy one, well maybe, i dunno, ok this one is REALLY hard!
Who won the Chevy American Revolution 400 at Richmond International Raceway on May 14, 2005?

^ lol that's recent so therefore its easy if you follow nascar every week..anyways
the answer would be kasey kahne

how you knew that is beyond me but none the less you are correct,
tis yer turn

Smoke1TS20 said:
how you knew that is beyond me but none the less you are correct,
tis yer turn

lol what you mean how i knew that?

ok this one is easy..... who are 2 drivers that are tie in wins? (this season)

shadow make em easier i dont know this one....

LOL i know it but i just did one

How about who was the last driver in a Dodge Charger to win before Kasey Kahne?

Back
Top Bottom