Nascar Trivia

Smoke: I think Dirt took my thunder.Cool.Lets just say its your go.I'll get the next one.
Disruption of the rules causes only chaos.happy Trails

OK,Thanks. Smoke;

Two parter:
What year And What track did the 43 STP Pontiac debut john Andretti ?

galveston dunes said:
OK,Thanks. Smoke;

Two parter:
What year And What track did the 43 STP Pontiac debut john Andretti ?

Daytona 1998.

Henry

John Andretti debuted in the number 43 STP Pontiac at Michigan International Speedway, on August 21, 1994 he qualified 2nd position and finished 2 laps down in 17th position and won $13,690. He got 112 points with 0 bonus points. During the race there were 14 lead changes. There were 5 cautions for 30 laps. The race lasted 2 hours, 51 minutes, and 32 seconds with an average speed of 139.914 mph. The winner of the race, Geoffrey Bodine, in the number 7 Exide Batteries Ford won the race over Mark Martin, the number 6 Valvoline Ford with a margin of victory of 0.91 seconds.

i made look easy cause im just that dam smart! lol

Who was the first driver to win using the number 3? (Modern Era)

Next or maybe smoke should get another shot.Don't know what happened to DirtyMo but really now how about updating the trivia.

sorry about the delay guys, i didn't see that i got the question right

who holds the record for the most superspeedway wins in the modern era?

^ care to give us aleast a clue???? that one is hard..
anyways let me keep on guessing then..is it richard petty?

What definition of superspeedway are you using?

NASCAR considers anything over a mile a superspeedway.

However, I know folks who consider the figure at 1.5 miles, others will say it's over two miles, while some even consider only Daytona and Talladega worthy of the title of superspeedway.

congrats furgy, you got it right. bill had 11 wins in '85 on sperspeedways.

i'm pretty sure they are saying superspeedways being over 1 mile since thats nascar's policy, and i got the question from nascar.com

Not to hijack the thread, but two groups are forming to remember both the Occoneechee Speedway (Hillsboro, NC area) and the North Wilkesboro Speedway. If any of you trivia nuts are interested in getting involved I will put up some information. Of course the group here in Augusta has been up and running for two years.

Next..........................

Henry

ok what's fyi???? try talking in complete sentences next time k?

shadowflames said:
ok what's fyi???? try talking in complete sentences next time k?
why i need to talk in complete sentances? this aint l/a class

Lets get it moving again. Why did NASCAR change from white letters to yellow letters on the Goodyear tires?

Henry

-because the big yellow letters are more distinguishable than white letters and plus the yellow letters are bigger and bolder...

shadowflames said:
-because the big yellow letters are more distinguishable than white letters and plus the yellow letters are bigger and bolder...

Sorry, that is not the reason. The answer has more of a technical nature.

Henry

OK, I am going to be out of town for a week meeting up with Speedway preservation groups so here goes.

NASCAR changed from white letters to yellow letters when tires went from bias ply to radials. The tire change also really hurt the drivers that were raised on bias plys (i.e. Earnhardt and others).

It took them several years to adjust!

Next!

Henry

since he's gone for a week it could be you,me or any other...i wont go because i dont have any question in mind so..mind giving it a go??

This week NASCAR is going to Dover, so who won the first NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover?

um doesnt look like hes gunna respond so anyone got a question?

Smoke1TS20 said:
um doesnt look like hes gunna respond so anyone got a question?

Yep, in recent months I have walked the tracks where Glenn "Fireball" Roberts won his first Grand National race and his last Grand National race. What are the two tracks?

HistoricMustang said:
Yep, in recent months I have walked the tracks where Glenn "Fireball" Roberts won his first Grand National race and his last Grand National race. What are the two tracks?

Occoneechee Speedway in Hillsborough, NC and AIR in Augusta.

Who is next?

Do these if you get a chance:

Back
Top Bottom