Nascar Trivia

I do believe you're correct muggle, but it's NW's call.

Equally adept at racing on short tracks and superspeedways, Lorenzen was one of the most capable drivers in NASCAR history.

An example of Lorenzen's driving skills came in 1964 when he won eight of the 16 races he entered, and finished 13th in NASCAR Winston Cup points despite not competing in 45 of the 61 races held that year.

Lorenzen scored wins in seven of the 12 years he competed in NASCAR Winston Cup competition. He was the first driver in NASCAR history to earn more than $100,000 in one season ($122,588 in 1963).

In 1978, Lorenzen was inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association's Hall of Fame at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway. In 1991, he was inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame in Talladega, Ala.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Oops, I completely missed Dirty Mo's post.

So Sorry....... Fred Lorenzen is correct. Dirty Mo, it's your turn.

I'll just go off and color pictures of Mike Helton .........slinks off to the corner with her box of crayons........:blush: :blush: :blush:

nascarwoman said:
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Oops, I completely missed Dirty Mo's post.

So Sorry....... Fred Lorenzen is correct. Dirty Mo, it's your turn.

I'll just go off and color pictures of Mike Helton .........slinks off to the corner with her box of crayons........:blush: :blush: :blush:
no problem nascarwoman, it was a great question and generated a lot of answers.......all in fun. :)

It is Dirty Mo's go now.

who was the last driver to win in a bud moore owned car, and where was it?

DirtyMo1381529 said:
that would be correct, your go muggle
Well, I kinda cheated as Kat really gave me the answer. I will pass on my turn and hopefully Kat will post a question.

Ok, I will post a question. If no one gets the answer in 2 days I will post it.

In what year was the current NASCAR bar logo used. Hint, the current logo is the one that has been used the longest by NASCAR.

The Nascar bar logo with its progressive colors and speed bar was introduced at the beginning of the 1976 season.

Ok, anyone may post the next question.

Ok, get your thinking caps on.......

Who holds the record for the most career NASCAR Winston Cup wins from the pole position? What is that number?

Clue to come tomorrow

nascarwoman said:
Ok, get your thinking caps on.......

Who holds the record for the most career NASCAR Winston Cup wins from the pole position? What is that number?

Clue to come tomorrow
Was it Boogity Jaws DW? I know he had 59 poles, and 8 wins from the pole in the modern era.

Sorry Kat, good guess but not correct.

I know I said I'd post a clue, but I'm going to give it a little more time before I do. Keep thinking!!

umm, bill elliot? no idea on a number, how bout somehwere near 20?

I have a number but I still find it hard to believe.

The "King" with 61 wins from the pole position. If I am not mistaken I think that he has never lost a race that he started from the pole. Am I way out in left field somewhere. Those statistics seem unbelievable.

DING, DING, DING!!!!!:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

We have a winner!!!! It is indeed Richard Petty with 61 wins from the pole. Just another is his many accomplishments.

OK, muggle - your turn.

OK, an eassy question. Two states are tied with having the most Nascar drivers. What are the 2 states and how many drivers do they each have.

Your go DirtyMo. California and North Carolina are correct. I show both having 5 drivers currently, I think.

California: J, Gordon, R. Gordon, K. Harvick, C. Mears, and J. Johnson.
N. Carolina: Dale Jr, S. Riggs, B. Vickers, K. Petty, and D. Jarrett.

wow, i was real close on the number...

ok, who won the last race for buick?

Back
Top Bottom