Nascar Trivia

Kelloggs I do know the answer to that one. I will defer to someone else though. Not my turn.

Petty with 268 wins. Your go.
rcr4life, your go. Three days have gone by which is the deadline, however, you are given until Tuesday at 3:00 pm to post a question or the Trivia will be open to anyone to post it.
Ok, the Trivia is open to anyone to post the next question. It seems like rcr4life has abandoned us.

Myers Brothers Award

Let me ask one. I'm sure it will be an easy one to look up, but here goes. Each year, there has been an award given out to someone connected with NASCAR's top series and is named Myers Brothers Award. Give an essay on this award including who the Myers brothers were, where they were from, who's related to them and what the award is given for. :) Okay, I know that's a bit over the top, but if you don't know any of those questions, you'll be looking the award up and will be able to answer all of those questions.

rcr4life, your go. Three days have gone by which is the deadline, however, you are given until Tuesday at 3:00 pm to post a question or the Trivia will be open to anyone to post it.
Ok, the Trivia is open to anyone to post the next question. It seems like rcr4life has abandoned us.

Oops sorry was out of town.

Let me ask one. I'm sure it will be an easy one to look up, but here goes. Each year, there has been an award given out to someone connected with NASCAR's top series and is named Myers Brothers Award. Give an essay on this award including who the Myers brothers were, where they were from, who's related to them and what the award is given for. :) Okay, I know that's a bit over the top, but if you don't know any of those questions, you'll be looking the award up and will be able to answer all of those questions.

Bobby and Bill Myers from Winston Salem. Bobby is the father of Danny (Chocolate) Myers, gas man for DE for years. I Believe Billy died of a heart attack at a race track and Bobby was killed in a racing accident. This is off the top of my head so don't hold me to being 100% correct.

I used to watched Bobby and Billy compete in Mods and Sportsman races at the old Raleigh NC track in the early 50's.

Very good Yelk. Billy's son Gary carried on the racing and did very well and now his two sons are carrying on the tradition. Burt and Jason are doing well wielding those powerful modifieds.

Your question Yelk.

66 Southern 500

In the 1966 Southern 500, what driver flipped his car end over end, taking 150ft. of guardrail?

Who was the first NASCAR Winston Cup Series driver to top $10 million in career winnings?

K I'll make my question easy...

Back in 1990 at Daytona, Richard Petty in a post crash interview was asked how it happened and responded "You see that yellow paint on my rearend, what do you think?" Which Daytona race was it & whom was he talking about?

While this has nothing to do with racing while watching the YouTube linked above there was this one listed. That is really unfortunate. I will warn you that this is a very graphic video. It is not meant for the weak of heart of stomach. You have been warned. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK...
Kid blows up his dads head

What driver won the most Nextel Cup Series Championships during the 1990s?

None, NEXTEL did not sponsor the series until 2004. On the other hand, Dale Earnhardt won the most Winston Cups...

That's right!
Legendary racecar driver Dale Earnhardt won the most Nextel Cup Series Championships during the 1990s, finishing the decade with four championships. Jeff Gordon came in second with three championships. Earnhardt also dominated during the 1980s when he won three Nextel Cup Series Championships, tying Darrell Waltrip's record for the decade.

Back
Top Bottom