Nascar Trivia

the judges say that your answer is ambiguous

may we have your final answer ?
alextrebek.jpg

What track was attacked by a 30 foot "Killer Orange" during qualifying before it was captured by track personnel and rendered harmless ?

View attachment 6828

Was it Chicagoland although a Flordia track would make more sense?

the judges say that your answer is ambiguous

may we have your final answer ?

Chicagoland was my answer.

The judges appreciate the clarification dpk as Chicagoland is indeed the correct answer.

The Cup race at Chicagoland was sponsored by Tropicana for the first few years of the track's existence and part of the sponsorship included the placement of several huge "oranges" around the track.

The "killer orange" incident occurred in 2004 when one of the oranges broke loose from it's tethers as a storm blew through the area during qualifying for the Busch race.

I do remember reading something about Tim Flock and a monkey but I don't think the monkey won anything.

I do remember reading something about Tim Flock and a monkey but I don't think the monkey won anything.
LOL A Rhesus Monkey named Jocko Flocko was in Tim Flock's car on May 16, 1953 when he won the Grand National race at Hickory Motor Speedway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Flock

Two weeks later the monkey retired after getting scared looking into the wheel well and had to be taken out during a pit stop. LOL

yooooooooo k. Who was the second woman driver in Nascar, and what family did she belong to. The pioneering women in Nascar needed some arms on em..no power steering. Not like these tiny waifs we have today..these were REAL women by godfrey.:)

Uh no, mr. sliced up bread, not Louis? Smith..Or even Lois Smith..No gender bending here, Mr. Bread..this is a family site.
As for you Mr. Smoke, incorrect. High Octane is not her name.alextrebek.jpg

Yessir Capn Coyfish. Ethel "Flock" Mobley, part of the "Flying Flocks Family". Her racing record speaks for itself.
ethelFlockMobley2.jpg

Part of the racing Flock family,[3] three of her brothers are considered to be NASCAR pioneers: Tim Flock, Fonty Flock and Bob Flock.[4] She was married to Charlie Mobley, who fielded Tim's car in NASCAR's modified series.
She raced in over 100 NASCAR Modified events in her career.[2]
She had two Strictly Stock (now Sprint Cup) starts.[5] She raced against her brothers at NASCAR's second event ever on July 10, 1949 at the Daytona Beach Road Course.[5] The event was the first to feature a brother and a sister, and the only NASCAR event to feature four siblings. Ethel beat Fonty and Bob by finishing eleventh (her career high), and Tim finished second. She made her only other career Cup start at Langley Speedway and finished 44th.[5] Both events featured three female drivers (Sara Christian and Louise Smith).[5]
In June, 1949, she entered a racing competition in Florida, competing against 57 men drivers. She finished in 8th place.[6]
On August 7, 1949, Ethel Mobley became the first female racecar driver to compete against men in the state of Georgia when she entered a race at Central City Park Speedway in Macon, Georgia. She was rated as the top woman driver in the southeastern United States,.[7] having won many competitions in all-women races.

Okay, I've got the question:

Between 2010 and 2013, how many races did Rheem sponser in the Sprint Cup?

I was gonna try to make it all 3 series', but I couldn't find enough info on that.

Uh no, mr. sliced up bread, not Louis? Smith..Or even Lois Smith..No gender bending here, Mr. Bread..this is a family site.
As for you Mr. Smoke, incorrect. High Octane is not her name.View attachment 6865
LOL Forgot the E... I was going to say Ethel but didn't know the family and thought Smith..Bruton... they actually both started at the same time though.

As for you Mr. Smoke, incorrect. High Octane is not her name.View attachment 6865

Ethel Mobley (née Flock) (March 8, 1920 – June 26, 1984) of Fort Payne, Alabama was tied for the second female to drive in NASCAR history. Her brother Tim Flock said she was named after the gasoline her father used in his car.

"High octane" = "Ethel" :D

Ethel Mobley (née Flock) (March 8, 1920 – June 26, 1984) of Fort Payne, Alabama was tied for the second female to drive in NASCAR history. Her brother Tim Flock said she was named after the gasoline her father used in his car.

"High octane" = "Ethel" :D
Sorry Mr. Smoke, the judges were looking for her proper name.
And you Mr. Bread, the judges are still trying to translate your answer.
Funny-Jeopardy-What-is-I-have-no-idea.jpg

Mr. Coyfish, Capn Coyfish has the floor..or the Aquarium. Your question Coyfish

And you Mr. Bread, the judges are still trying to translate your answer
LOL.. Ethel Mobley and Louise Smith started at the same time. And I thought it was Louise Smith because I didn't recognize the name Mobley. Thought she may have been Bruton Smith's Mom or something lol pretty much a shot in the dark with the family thing.

Ok Mr. Bread crumb, quit distracting Coyfish..Coyfish swallow that and ask a question. emm Mr.big fish in a little pond

892459_Feeding-A-Coy-Fish_400.jpg

read the instructions waaay back on page one. the OPer said sprint cup only I guess winston and grand national works also being as though they are/were the top level of Nascar. You sure there is nothing "fishy" about that question Coyfish?

I think Mr. Sliced bread put something in those bread crumbs. Coyfish? are you talking Rheem, primary sponsor for a cup race, or primary sponsor for a car IN the cup race?

Between 2010 and 2013, how many races did Rheem sponser in the Sprint Cup.

Coyfish? are you talking Rheem, primary sponsor for a cup race, or primary sponsor for a car IN the cup race?

my sources, who must remain anonymous as they are not authorized to speak on the subject matter, have informed me that Rheem was never a primary sponsor of a Cup race between 2010 and 2013

these same sources, who were provided with a $100 Starbucks gift certificate prior to undertaking their vital research, have provided me with the following information regarding Rheem's primary sponsorship of a car that competed in a Cup race between 2010 and 2013:

2010: zilch sponsorship

2011: sponsored Harvick in 4 races

2012: sponsored Harvick in 10 races and Menard in 2 races

2013: through the last race (Texas), sponsored Harvick in 2 races

therefore, if the question "between 2010 and 2013, how many races did Rheem sponsor in the Sprint Cup" is not meant to include 2010 and 2013, the answer is 16

if the question is meant to include 2010 and 2013, the answer is 18

yeah, the fish is trying to backlash us. Either that or sliced bread slipped something in his bread crumbs.
I got no primary sponsor for a race, but primary on the car
2010=0, 2011=3, 2012=14, and in 2013=6 1/2? Don't have a clue how you do a 1/2 a race, but that is what I found off of the Rheem site. Coyfish needs to get off the stringer and get this thread going again. :)

Okay, I should have been more clear. I mean a car, and also full sponsership of it -- so the two races Menard had half sponsership by Rheem last year don't count. Also, Rheem has already said how many races they will sponser this year, so its not through the last race, its through the end of the year.

Also, sorry about not responding, I've been very busy in the last few days.

Okay, I should have been more clear. I mean a car, and also full sponsership of it -- so the two races Menard had half sponsership by Rheem last year don't count. Also, Rheem has already said how many races they will sponser this year, so its not through the last race, its through the end of the year.

Also, sorry about not responding, I've been very busy in the last few days.

Menard's car at Phoenix last November doesn't look like it has "half sponsorship" to me but, hey, it's your question

KNXV_NASCAR_at_PIR_20121111223934_320_240.jpg

Between 2010 and 2013, how many races did Rheem sponser in the Sprint Cup?

that's somewhat of a moving target that you've thrown out there but I'll bite

from the 1st race of the 2010 season through the last race of the 2013 season, Rheem will have provided full sponsorship to the 29 car for 20 Cup races

Back
Top Bottom