Nascar Trivia

I hate asking the questions.....that's why I didn't want to answer:D

I'll make it easy and in the spirit of the All Star race.....

Who is the only driver to start the race in a primary car and win in a back up car? Driver and year.
Jeff Gordon in '01 after the rain fiasco.

This is going too fast, I'll win one and take another turn soon. :D

At Phoenix earlier this year, Carl Edwards won the Subway Fresh Fit 500 in a car sponsored by Subway.

In the past 10 years, there have been at least two other races where the race, and the race winner, have had the same primary sponsor.

(For the car, "primary" means the sponsor was on the hood and/or the rear quarter panel.)

Name one of those races (year & location), the race winner, and the sponsor of the race / race winner.

Jeff Gordon at the Pepsi Edge 400, 2004 at summer Daytona.

IS RIGHT !

the other one that I know about is Jimmie Johnson at the Kobalt Tools 500 Atlanta in the spring of 2007

jimmie-johnson-2007-kobalt-tools.jpg

IS RIGHT !

the other one that I know about is Jimmie Johnson at the Kobalt Tools 500 Atlanta in the spring of 2007

View attachment 7243
I thought I remembered another JJ-Kobalt Tools one. But I couldn't remember the year, so I just said Jeff instead.

Anyways....
How many tracks have hosted at least 1 nationwide race?

Anyways....
How many tracks have hosted at least 1 nationwide race?

dunno if the thread police are going to let that question fly . . .

Rules: Questions can only be on Nascar Cup racing. The person that lists the question must confirm the answer of the person quessing correctly before that person lists his question.

Also, keep the questions to a single question. If there are more than two parts make the second and third part a bonus for guessing them, but guessing the first part entitles the person to post the next question. Trust me, it works much better this way. :)

just killin' time while we're waiting for the Captain . . .

unofficially:

What driver, when his name is spelled backwards, is the same as it is when spelled frontwards ?

just killin' time while we're waiting for the Captain . . .

unofficially:

What driver, when his name is spelled backwards, is the same as it is when spelled frontwards ?

time's up

the correct answer is J.J. Yeley

now all we need is for the Captain to give us an official question . . .

Hey,
Sorry about that, I forgot to post I was going on vacation. Now for the question...

Okay, who is the only cup driver to win a points race in 2012 despite being involved in a earlier caution?

1990s - Winning NASCAR finish backwards (184mph) - Earnhardt & Labonte?

I need help from ANY and ALL NASCAR fans who may know this.
In the early 90s (maybe 93' - 94') I walked in from work one night and the sports highlights were on TV (maybe SportsCenter...can't quite remember.) Anyway, I remember seeing how this race ended and I swear they said it was Earnhardt who won and it certainly looked like something he would do. For the life of me I can't remember the other driver though I know Labonte and Earnhardt had a big rivalry on the track during their careers and to tell the truth I'm not sure if it was Earnhardt who won but I can't find any videos of this finish to prove to my buddies that this was one of the GREATEST finishes to a race there has ever been. Let me explain....

Right when I looked at the TV it showed the two cars had just come out of turn three and were rounding the far end of the track. The cars were side by side, just neck and neck. Then when they were coming into turn four the inside car dropped real low on the inside track actually skimming the black and white painted edge of the track and I believe he even touched a little bit of grass on the infield. It made you think the driver was almost taking himself out of the race because the move made it seem as if he lost ground and the car that stayed in the middle of the track seemed to edge forward. It was a deceptively brilliant move because when they cleared that fourth turn and began straightening up the inside car gunned it and came up next to the car in the middle of the track but he was at a slight angle which gave him an advantage that you just didn't see coming. Now mind you this is all happening at top speed and all within a matter of a few seconds. The car in the middle of the track was just straight on heading for the finish line but the inside car was angled just a bit, maybe 5 or 10 degrees where it appeared he was going straight towards the other car to bump him out of the way. What happened though, was the inside car came charging toward the other car and when their bumpers touched the inside car was angled where his front passenger corner was just in front of the driver side corner of the other car. At that point you found out what the driver had planned. He went low on that fourth turn so he could come up to the other car in the straight away at an angle and when he did and their bumpers touched he cranked that steering wheel hard to the right and it allowed him to use the front of the other car as a fulcrum which spun his car around putting him IN FRONT of the other car BACKWARDS and he crossed the finish line first at 184mph. It was hands down the most amazing finish to ANY car race I have ever seen and it certainly sounds like something Earnhardt would have done.

I don't know what race this was, who the drivers were or the exact time and place but I would love to know so I can prove to my buddies I'm not crazy. They just don't believe me and I know I saw this but the highlight was so quick I didn't catch the full story about it but I know the sportscasters were talking about Earnhardt and that's why I have always associated this with him though I've never been able to prove it because I can't find a video of it anywhere.

If ANYONE can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated and I would love to see that film clip again.

1990s - Winning NASCAR finish backwards (184mph) - Earnhardt & Labonte?

I need help from ANY and ALL NASCAR fans who may know this.
In the early 90s (maybe 93' - 94') I walked in from work one night and the sports highlights were on TV (maybe SportsCenter...can't quite remember.) Anyway, I remember seeing how this race ended and I swear they said it was Earnhardt who won and it certainly looked like something he would do. For the life of me I can't remember the other driver though I know Labonte and Earnhardt had a big rivalry on the track during their careers and to tell the truth I'm not sure if it was Earnhardt who won but I can't find any videos of this finish to prove to my buddies that this was one of the GREATEST finishes to a race there has ever been. Let me explain....

Right when I looked at the TV it showed the two cars had just come out of turn three and were rounding the far end of the track. The cars were side by side, just neck and neck. Then when they were coming into turn four the inside car dropped real low on the inside track actually skimming the black and white painted edge of the track and I believe he even touched a little bit of grass on the infield. It made you think the driver was almost taking himself out of the race because the move made it seem as if he lost ground and the car that stayed in the middle of the track seemed to edge forward. It was a deceptively brilliant move because when they cleared that fourth turn and began straightening up the inside car gunned it and came up next to the car in the middle of the track but he was at a slight angle which gave him an advantage that you just didn't see coming. Now mind you this is all happening at top speed and all within a matter of a few seconds. The car in the middle of the track was just straight on heading for the finish line but the inside car was angled just a bit, maybe 5 or 10 degrees where it appeared he was going straight towards the other car to bump him out of the way. What happened though, was the inside car came charging toward the other car and when their bumpers touched the inside car was angled where his front passenger corner was just in front of the driver side corner of the other car. At that point you found out what the driver had planned. He went low on that fourth turn so he could come up to the other car in the straight away at an angle and when he did and their bumpers touched he cranked that steering wheel hard to the right and it allowed him to use the front of the other car as a fulcrum which spun his car around putting him IN FRONT of the other car BACKWARDS and he crossed the finish line first at 184mph. It was hands down the most amazing finish to ANY car race I have ever seen and it certainly sounds like something Earnhardt would have done.

I don't know what race this was, who the drivers were or the exact time and place but I would love to know so I can prove to my buddies I'm not crazy. They just don't believe me and I know I saw this but the highlight was so quick I didn't catch the full story about it but I know the sportscasters were talking about Earnhardt and that's why I have always associated this with him though I've never been able to prove it because I can't find a video of it anywhere.

If ANYONE can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated and I would love to see that film clip again.

Is that an answer ?

Yup! For bonus points, how did he get the lead after spinning?

Also it's obviously time for you to think of a question!

Pretty sure the spin got him off the same pit sequence as everyone else and the race turned into a fuel mileage thing.

Name the driver that led at least one lap in a NASCAR record 39 consecutive Cup races.

Name the driver that led at least one lap in a NASCAR record 39 consecutive Cup races.
That is one scary stat. I don't know the answer and haven't been able to find it. I thought maybe it was a trick question about the pace car driver. Any hints on this as you're not getting any bites?

That is one scary stat. I don't know the answer and haven't been able to find it. I thought maybe it was a trick question about the pace car driver. Any hints on this as you're not getting any bites?

I was getting ready to come up with a hint until I scrolled down and saw the next post. And I like the idea of the pace car driver being the answer. Way to think outside the box.

Bobby Allison

Is right !

Allison led at least one lap in the last 9 Cup races of 1971 and the first 30 Cup races of 1972. During the streak, he won 13 of the 39 races and had 32 top five finishes. He would have led a lap in every race in 1972 but he never led in the season's last race at Texas.

From what I've read, the streak went pretty much unnoticed until some time after he did it.

FLRacingFan is now up.

In what race did Buzz Aldrin give this command to the field: "Drivers, energize your groundcraft!"?

Ok then...

How many starts have been made by the Petty family?

Back
Top Bottom