Nascar Trivia

Ok then...

How many starts have been made by the Petty family?

Upon further review, and the inclusion of starts by Maurice Petty, I'll go with an answer of 2467.

That's based upon Richard having 1184 starts, although some sources show him having 1185 starts.

Upon further review, and the inclusion of starts by Maurice Petty, I'll go with an answer of 2467.

That's based upon Richard having 1184 starts, although some sources show him having 1185 starts.
Shockingly you are correct!

Name the driver(s) who made the fewest Cup starts after having won the Cup championship.

(in response to racer8 question)

Second driver to ever win, first MAN to ever win... (making fun of Gordy) Gimmie my prize;)

Red Byron in 1949

Incorrect.

Red Byron won the Cup championship in 1949 and had a total of 9 Cup starts after that.

There are drivers who have had fewer Cup starts than that after having won the Cup championship.

And if I had asked this question earlier in the season, Brad Keselowski would have been one of them.

Alan Kulwicki

Is right !

Kulwicki won the Cup championship in 1992 and had 5 starts in 1993 before his untimely death.

Although you've correctly answered the question, one other driver also had only 5 starts after winning the Cup championship. Any guesses ?

Bobby Allison

Incorrect.

Allison won the championship in 1983 and went on to drive in the Cup series for another 4 or 5 years.

However, Joe Weatherly won the championship in 1963 and was killed at Riverside in the fifth race of the 1964 season.

You're up, dpk.

Incorrect.

Allison won the championship in 1983 and went on to drive in the Cup series for another 4 or 5 years.

However, Joe Weatherly won the championship in 1963 and was killed at Riverside in the fifth race of the 1964 season.

You're up, dpk.
I'll go since you already gave the answer away.

In his first NASCAR start, Tiny Lund was thrown from his car when the seat belts broke during a rollover. Why was this so ironic?

How does NASCAR measure the length of a track?
Brian France and Mike Helton take turns lying head to toe on tracks installed with the safer barrier exactly 13 1/2' from the outside wall, 15' on non-safer barrier tracks until they completely circle the racing surface. They then take the number of Helton's and multiply that by 6' 4" and then add that to the number of France's multiplied by 2' 3" thus returning the answer. This can be very tricky @ Bristol with such high banking. Helton tends to roll rather easily.

Brian France and Mike Helton take turns lying head to toe on tracks installed with the safer barrier exactly 13 1/2' from the outside wall, 15' on non-safer barrier tracks until they completely circle the racing surface. They then take the number of Helton's and multiply that by 6' 4" and then add that to the number of France's multiplied by 2' 3" thus returning the answer. This can be very tricky @ Bristol with such high banking. Helton tends to roll rather easily.

Now I heard that instead of lying head to head, Helton and France lie side by side and take turns rolling over each other (not a pretty sight).

This method was found to be more effective at the high banked tracks like Bristol where the "Helton-roll" tended to get out of hand.

You got it...

Who was the first driver to be killed while racing at cup level?

Winston cup, Grand national and etc....

W.R. "Slick" Davis

I don't believe that was called a Grand national race although it was NASCAR sanctioned.

Slick Davis was killed in 1948 at Greensboro, NC in what was known as NASCAR's "Modified" series and was the first fatality in a NASCAR sanctioned event.

However, the "Grand National" series, originally known as the "Strictly Stock" series, didn't begin until 1949.

Who was the first driver to be killed while racing at cup level?

Winston cup, Grand national and etc....

Larry Mann, who was killed in 1952 while competing in a Grand National race at Langhorne Speedway, AKA "The Big Left Turn."

Name the driver who's made the most Cup starts after having won the Cup championship for the last time in his career.

Name the driver who's made the most Cup starts after having won the Cup championship for the last time in his career.

first hint:

The driver won only one Cup championship.

Shot in the dark but i'm gonna say Benny Parson's, he won his one & only title pretty early in his career back in 73 & he didn't quit driving till about 1988...

Shot in the dark but i'm gonna say Benny Parson's, he won his one & only title pretty early in his career back in 73 & he didn't quit driving till about 1988...

As you said, Benny won the Cup championship in 1973 and, according to my source, had another 382 Cup starts before retiring.

Nice pick but incorrect.

first hint:

second hint:

In the year that this driver won the Cup championship, the three drivers that finished 2 - 3 - 4 in the point standings all went on to win a Cup championship.

first hint:

second hint:

In the year that this driver won the Cup championship, the three drivers that finished 2 - 3 - 4 in the point standings all went on to win a Cup championship.

third hint:

After winning the Cup championship, this driver drove for several different Cup teams, including 6 years as owner of his own team.

Back
Top Bottom