Nascar Trivia

Having made Cup starts in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's, Bill Elliott is one of at least six drivers to have made Cup starts in 5 different decades.

Name two drivers, besides Bill Elliott, that have made Cup starts in 5 different decades.

Jj Yeley and Josh Wise

Although Yeley has been alive for parts of 5 different decades (born in 1976), he's only made Cup starts in 2 different decades, the 00's and the 10's.

Josh Wise ?

fugetaboutit

Having made Cup starts in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's, Bill Elliott is one of at least six drivers to have made Cup starts in 5 different decades.

Name two drivers, besides Bill Elliott, that have made Cup starts in 5 different decades.

Terry Labonte and Ricky Rudd

YES for Labonte who made Cup starts in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's (1978 - 2013)

NO for Rudd who only made Cup starts in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's (1975 - 2007)

Richard Petty.

YES for Petty who made Cup starts in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's (1958 - 1992)

Ken Schrader??

NO for Schrader who only made Cup starts in the 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's (1984 - 2013)

To be fair, a correct answer will be considered to be a single post that provides the names of two drivers who made Cup starts in 5 different decades.

Anybody ?

Having made Cup starts in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's, Bill Elliott is one of at least six five drivers to have made Cup starts in 5 different decades.

Richard Petty & Terry Labonte

IS RIGHT !!!

Way to play the game, RPK.

In addition to Elliott, Petty and Labonte, my source indicates that Dave Marcis (1968 - 2002) and Buddy Baker (1959 -1992) also made Cup starts in 5 different decades.

you're up . . .

Alright i'll make this one really easy: we've all seen IndyCar regulars who came over to NASCAR be it temporarily or permanently but not often has there been a NASCAR regular who went over to drive Indy. Name the former Cup driver who briefly went over to drive IndyCars & then returned to NASCAR full time. I'll give you all a hint, one year at Daytona he got greedy during a qualifying session & totaled his primary car...

Alright i'll make this one really easy: we've all seen IndyCar regulars who came over to NASCAR be it temporarily or permanently but not often has there been a NASCAR regular who went over to drive Indy. Name the former Cup driver who briefly went over to drive IndyCars & then returned to NASCAR full time. I'll give you all a hint, one year at Daytona he got greedy during a qualifying session & totaled his primary car...
Robby Gordon?

Cale Yarborough

At least seven Cup drivers have had the honor of having a Cup race named after them.

Name one.

Wasnt there once a Dale Earnhardt Brickyard 400? The year that he died maybe? I cant remember but it rings a bell.

My source shows that the Indy race has been called the Brickyard 400, the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard and, more recently, the Crown Royal Your Name Here 400.

But never the Dale Earnhardt Brickyard 400.

It does have a nice ring to it though.

My source shows that the Indy race has been called the Brickyard 400, the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard and, more recently, the Crown Royal Your Name Here 400.

But never the Dale Earnhardt Brickyard 400.

It does have a nice ring to it though.
I stand corrected then.

I know of a Busch Series race at Milwaukee years ago named for Alan Kulwicki, give us a hint...

At least seven Cup drivers have had the honor of having a Cup race named after them.

Name one.

Hint #1:

According to my source, no Cup race has been named for a Cup driver in over 30 years.

Name one.

Fireball Roberts

Fireball Roberts is the first correct answer provided.

Roberts died in July, 1964 after being involved in a wreck at the 1964 World 600 at Charlotte. A week after he died, the race at the Old Bridge Stadium track in New Jersey was named the Fireball Roberts 200 in his honor.

Other Cup drivers to have a Cup race named in their honor include Buddy Shuman (Hickory), Gwyn Staley (North Wilkesboro), Billy & Bobby Myers (Bowman-Gray), Joe Weatherly (Occoneechee), and Marty Robbins (Nashville).

You're up Captain.

Okay...my questions on here have been pretty easy lately. Time for another Rheem question!

Now lemme just think of one...

Okay fine here's one. If you guys know where to look this may be easy but if not this will be Rheem difficulty indeed.

Who is the driver that had the most last place finishes in a season the most times?

Back
Top Bottom