Nascar Trivia

In 1993 good old Dick Trickle raced for four different teams including Butch Mock for a total of 26 races, finishing 30th in points. What were the other 3 teams Trickle raced for during that year?

1) Roulo Brothers Racing
2) King Racing
3) Larry Hedrick Motorsports

Looks to me like Captain Coyfish posted the right answer about two minutes before me.

Give it a go, Captain.
Yay thank you :)

Since 2012, how many cars have been run/are gonna be run with movie schemes or schemes based off cars from a movie? Cup cars only. Name the teams and the schemes.

Since 2012, how many cars have been run/are gonna be run with movie schemes or schemes based off cars from a movie? Cup cars only. Name the teams and the schemes.

1) #10 car - "Ice Age"
2) #24 car - "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
3) #39 car - "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
4) #48 car - "Madagascar 3"
5) #51 car - Ricky Bobby's ME car from "Talladega Nights"
6) #87 car - "The Wolverine"
7) #88 car - "Man of Steel"

^^Since 2012, not in 2012. So 2013 cars count too.
And the 87 ran a wolverine scheme? Didnt know that but I will take your word for it.

For 2013 all I've got is:

1) #87 car - "The Wolverine" at Sonoma

87 Wolverine.jpg

2) #88 car - "Man of Steel" at Michigan

88 Man of Steel.jpg

Hope you're not including the #1 car that Kurt Busch drove in July at Daytona.

That car had the City Chevrolet scheme from the "Days of Thunder" movie but it was in a Nationwide race, not Cup.

That car had the City Chevrolet scheme from the "Days of Thunder" movie but it was in a Nationwide race, not Cup.
I know there are 2 more from 2013 besides that. Actually make that 3.

1) #10 car - "Ice Age" @ Sonoma
2) #24 car - "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" @ Charlotte
3) #39 car - "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" @ Charlotte
4) #48 car - "Madagascar 3" @ Dover
5) #51 car - Ricky Bobby's ME car from "Talladega Nights" @ Talladega
6) #88 car - "The Dark Night Rises" @ Michigan

7) #39 car - "Smurfs 2" @ Indianapolis
7) #48 car - "Monsters University" @ Dover
8) #87 car - "The Wolverine" @ Sonoma
9) #88 car - "Man of Steel" @ Michigan

Got any hints for anything that I'm missing ?

As far as 2012 goes, I cant think of any others but I do have the feeling you are missing a couple. However I will give it to you.

As far as 2013 goes, you are missing one. The clue is that it has not been run yet.

As far as 2012 goes, I cant think of any others but I do have the feeling you are missing a couple. However I will give it to you.

As far as 2013 goes, you are missing one. The clue is that it has not been run yet.

So you asked a question that you're not entirely sure what the answer is ?

ouch . . .

Regarding the car with a movie scheme in a 2013 race that has yet to be run:

#48 car - Disney's "Planes" @ Pocono

So you asked a question that you're not entirely sure what the answer is ?

ouch . . .

Regarding the car with a movie scheme in a 2013 race that has yet to be run:

#48 car - Disney's "Planes" @ Pocono
Hahahaha I knew what it is but I lost the piece of paper with the answer on it :/

Anyways you are correct, you are up.

With all due respect, Captain, that last one of yours wasn't so much a trivia question as it was a topic for a research paper.

sheesh

Anyways, in an attempt at getting in the habit of making the question somewhat related to the upcoming Cup race:

Name the TV color commentator that worked each and every Brickyard 400 to be held during his lifetime.

^^I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if you mean that it was freakin difficult, in that case I'm not sure why you make that seem like a bad thing ;)

Anyways, the answer is no one.

^^I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if you mean that it was freakin difficult, in that case I'm not sure why you make that seem like a bad thing ;)

Anyways, the answer is no one.

He means that your question was more guest work then an actual fact based.

Also, asking for things that hadn't happen yet is not really all that fair. Is like me asking when will Such and such driver win next.

I hope to have this question answered by the end of tomorrow's race.

If need be, hints will be provided.

I'm pretty damn sure its no one but I will nonetheless begin guessing announcers for tomorrow's race.

Brad Daughtry?

Brad Daugherty? That hack? No.

Benny Parsons will be my one and only guess. :)

In an attempt at getting in the habit of making the question somewhat related to the upcoming Cup race:

Name the TV color commentator that worked each and every Brickyard 400 to be held during his lifetime.

I'm pretty damn sure its no one but I will nonetheless begin guessing announcers for tomorrow's race.

Brad Daughtry?

Brad Daugherty? That hack? No.

Benny Parsons will be my one and only guess. :)

Coyfish's method of providing answers should be a reminder that even a blind squirrel is occasionally able to find a nut.

Meanwhile, Benny Parsons is the correct answer !!!!

Parsons teamed with Bob Jenkins on ABC starting with the first Brickyard 400 in 1994 and continued with him through 2000.

After that Parsons worked with Allen Beswick, Bill Weber, and Wally Dallenbach on NBC from 2001 through 2006.

Benny passed away in January of 2007 prior to the running of that year's Brickyard 400.

I don't know if I would consider that either. More of a tribute deal than a promotion.

Excellent.

Does anyone want my turn? I'm better at solving a puzzle than I am creating one. Anyone, be my guest please.

Jimmie Johnson is among six drivers who have sweep both of the Pocono Cup races to be held in the same year. If he wins next Sunday he'll be the first driver to have done it twice.

Name one of the other five drivers who have sweep both of the Pocono Cup races to be held in the same year.

Didn't Denny Hamlin do it back in 2006? I think that was his rookie season, started the year off by beating Jr & Stewart in the Bud Shootout.

Jimmie Johnson is among six drivers who have sweep both of the Pocono Cup races to be held in the same year. If he wins next Sunday he'll be the first driver to have done it twice.

Name one of the other five drivers who have sweep both of the Pocono Cup races to be held in the same year.

Didn't Denny Hamlin do it back in 2006? I think that was his rookie season, started the year off by beating Jr & Stewart in the Bud Shootout.

IS RIGHT !!!

You saved me the trouble of thinking up subtle hints that wouldn't give it up too easily.

In addition to Johnson and Hamlin, others include Bobby Allison in 1982 (the first year Pocono hosted two races), Bill Elliott - 1985, Tim Richmond - 1986, and Bobby Labonte - 1999.

You're good to go RPK.

How about this: What fatality ultimately led to the installment of pit-road speeds in the very next Cup Series points race?

How about this: What fatality ultimately led to the installment of pit-road speeds in the very next Cup Series points race?

The death of Mike Rich, a tire changer on Bill Elliott's pit team, at the 1990 season finale at Atlanta after being struck on pit road by Ricky Rudd's car.

The death of Mike Rich, a tire changer on Bill Elliott's pit team, at the 1990 season finale at Atlanta after being struck on pit road by Ricky Rudd's car.

Yeah, guess that was too easy for all these old heads in here...

Going to crank up the difficulty factor just a bit with a question involving a driver who came damn close to sweeping both Pocono races in the same year.

Name the driver who, in a one particular year, won the first Cup race at Pocono and then, in the second race, took the white flag as leader . . . yet failed to win the race.

This question was meant for me since my driver played a role in it. Back in 2000, Dale Sr was bumped out of the lead by Jeremy Mayfield on the white flag lap. Then on the next trip to the Pocono's, it was Mayfield who was leading on the white flag lap when all of a sudden he started to slow. His at the time teammate Rusty Wallace, who figured the best he could do was hold off Jeff Burton for second, grabbed the lead & the win. Mayfield blew out his right front on the final go around was his reason for slowing, poetic justice for his move on the Intimidator in the first event that season...

This question was meant for me since my driver played a role in it. Back in 2000, Dale Sr was bumped out of the lead by Jeremy Mayfield on the white flag lap. Then on the next trip to the Pocono's, it was Mayfield who was leading on the white flag lap when all of a sudden he started to slow. His at the time teammate Rusty Wallace, who figured the best he could do was hold off Jeff Burton for second, grabbed the lead & the win. Mayfield blew out his right front on the final go around was his reason for slowing, poetic justice for his move on the Intimidator in the first event that season...

IS RIGHT !!!

so much for cranking up the difficulty factor . . .

Back in the 90's, an instance happened where a driver failed to make a race. His sponsor jumped onto another car for that race & ended up staying there. That driver would eventually reward his new sponsor with the ultimate Cup prize. Name the race, the sponsor & the driver...

The spring race in Atlanta in '91. Mark Stahl didn't make the show, so his sponsor, Hooters decided to sponsor a car, that at that time had no sponsor, but was in the race. Alan Kulwicki finished eighth in that race, and Hooters stayed with him for the rest of his career. The following year Kulwicki won the Championship with Hooters as his sponsor.

Man, I thought I was gonna have to drop an obvious hint on that one, didn't think it would be that hard. When looking at the question, all you had to think was this: what is NASCAR's Ultimate prize? The Winston Cup, Ok so then, what Champion started a season sponsor-less then had a primary sponsor onboard & then he took that sponsor to the title. Alan Kulwicki is the only possible answer for this because all other Champions from 1990 to 2012 have been on established teams with solid sponsorship. Kulwicki was also on the pole for that race which was won by Ken Schrader...

Back
Top Bottom