Nascar Trivia

Been a fan for almost 30 years and have to admit I've never even heard of Mike Curb. lol :confused:

Anyone?

Curb's a music promoter whose involvement in NASCAR go's back decades. One of his associate sponsorships this past season was on the side of Johnny Sauters #98 Carolina Nut Toyota Tundra. He started off just sponsoring a few cars here & there before actually owning a car. Here's a bit of more trivia, the first car he owned captured what could arguably be considered one of the most popular wins in NASCAR history, Richard Petty's 200th. Yes you heard correctly, The King did not always run his own equipment out of Petty Enterprises Level Cross, there was a time when he drove for someone else...

Curb's a music promoter whose involvement in NASCAR go's back decades. One of his associate sponsorships this past season was on the side of Johnny Sauters #98 Carolina Nut Toyota Tundra. He started off just sponsoring a few cars here & there before actually owning a car. Here's a bit of more trivia, the first car he owned captured what could arguably be considered one of the most popular wins in NASCAR history, Richard Petty's 200th. Yes you heard correctly, The King did not always run his own equipment out of Petty Enterprises Level Cross, there was a time when he drove for someone else...
Yep, he was really well known around the tracks and in Nascar for years, Curb records and his other company's were well known also.

Good post, RPK.

Who has a good trivia question? Gordonite? Someone feel free to take a shot, if nobody has one I'll come up with something tomorrow

I'll give it a shot..

In 1987 a group picture of a bunch of drivers was taken at Charlotte Motor Speedway. What was ... irregular.. about this picture?

Should be pretty easy lol

I've heard different answers from several "credible sources" so I really don't know what the real truth is. Some say it's the top of his cane, some say otherwise lol

I know but i'll leave it for someone else, also afterwards let's see if someone can name every driver in the photo...

5ozRwnD.jpg

The infamous 'peepee' picture. I think it's a myth. Looks like it's in his pants to me.

The only guy who's name I couldn't remember was the guy to the right of Geoff Bodine.

Bobby Hillon?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's Tim who is supposedly is hanging it out.

I was talking about naming everyone in the picture.

Yeah, that's Bobby Hillin Jr in the Miller suit.

Five of the drivers in this pic are no longer alive :(

Name the four Winston Million tracks, the reason the tracks were included, and the drivers that won it.

Darlington-The oldest
Daytona-The richest
Talladega-The biggest
Charlotte-The longest

Bill Elliott and Jeff Gordon

Darlington-The oldest
Daytona-The richest
Talladega-The biggest
Charlotte-The longest

Bill Elliott and Jeff Gordon

WRONG!

Daytona: The richest
Talladega: The fastest
Charlotte 600: The longest
Darlington: The oldest

Too bad, bro. Guess I get to ask another question.

lol J/K. Close enough. :)

You're up, WinningSmoke.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at RF.
:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
How many top 5s does JJ Yeley have in Cup, without looking it up?

well heck, no one will ever get it if we can't look it up. I honestly can't remember him ever finishing in the top 5 tell ya the truth...

The only one I can name from memory is the '07 Coca-Cola 600 because that Top 5 was an underdog-lover's dream come true...

I'll throw a guess out there: 3

According to Racing Reference he's at 2 career Top 5's (not including the All Star exhibition race), I think this one's yours SlicedBread22.

My account was messed up for the longest time. It wasn't letting me post at all. But yeah, it goes to SB22.

Yep, that's the one. It also happened to be Kyle Petty's first top 5 finish in ten years, the first top 5 finish for the Red Bull team and one of the few top 5's of Reed Sorenson's career. I can't recall a more ragtag group making up the Top 5 in a NASCAR race before or since then...
I was at that race. Been several winners over last 8 or 9 years at the 600 that came out of the weeds.

Back
Top Bottom