Nascar Trivia

Here's an obscure one...in 1997, Lake Speed was to be primary sponsored by a major university, but the deal fell apart before the season began. Which university was it?

:owquitit:

JacklegJack has got the next question.

Ok, here goes..

After triggering a late wreck the weekend before and receiving a 5-lap penalty as a result, this driver showed up in protest to the next race in a car painted by his owner with a scheme identical to a certain other driver in the field who made his living off the bump and run (and usually without penalty). The team owner was also so upset that he turned in his credentials and stated that he would not attend another NASCAR event for the rest of the year.

Who was the driver and the owner?

I don't come in here very often. Sorry I didn't know the rules of the game. What are the rules of the game?

I think the rules are, the person that answers the question correctly gets to ask the next question. I could be wrong because I'm new here too.

Ok, here goes..

After triggering a late wreck the weekend before and receiving a 5-lap penalty as a result, this driver showed up in protest to the next race in a car painted by his owner with a scheme identical to a certain other driver in the field who made his living off the bump and run (and usually without penalty). The team owner was also so upset that he turned in his credentials and stated that he would not attend another NASCAR event for the rest of the year.

Who was the driver and the owner?

The driver was Kyle Petty and the owner was Felix Sabates. Don't remember the exact year but I know it was the mid-90's.
It was a shot at Earnhardt. Sabates had his car painted solid black in 'protest'. lol

I remember the Earnhardt fans I knew didn't think it was very funny.

I think the rules are, the person that answers the question correctly gets to ask the next question. I could be wrong because I'm new here too.

From the first post of the thread:
Rules: Questions can only be on Nascar Cup racing. The person that lists the question must confirm the answer of the person quessing correctly before that person lists his question.

And now, for the most famous word in motorsports... "Gentlemen, start... your... engines!"

This command is given before the start of every Cup series race. Most people stick to the script, but every now and then someone feels the need to add a personal touch to this command.

In 1996, two radio personalities from the south known for their nascar content, got the call to give this command before the start of a Cup race. However, they improvised an additional part to the command that got them in a little trouble with nascar.

What was the command they gave to the drivers that day that got them in hot water with nascar?

And now, for the most famous word in motorsports... "Gentlemen, start... your... engines!"

This command is given before the start of every Cup series race. Most people stick to the script, but every now and then someone feels the need to add a personal touch to this command.

In 1996, two radio personalities from the south known for their nascar content, got the call to give this command before the start of a Cup race. However, they improvised an additional part to the command that got them in a little trouble with nascar.

What was the command they gave to the drivers that day that got them in hot water with nascar?
"Gentlemen...and Jimmy Spencer...start your engines!" - John Boy and Billy

"Gentlemen...and Jimmy Spencer...start your engines!" - John Boy and Billy

Yup.
They asked Spencer beforehand if they could do it, and he said yes.
They actually asked Earnhardt first if they could use his name, and he said no way.

Probably a good thing for them as they would likely have gotten death threats from the Earnhardt fans. lol

In March 2008, Kyle Busch gave Toyota their first win in the Cup Series, the first win for a foreign nameplate in the series since 1954. Who was that manufacturer?

In March 2008, Kyle Busch gave Toyota their first win in the Cup Series, the first win for a foreign nameplate in the series since 1954. Who was that manufacturer?

Jaguar

A question for those who don't mind doing a little research:

Name the driver who finished last in the first race to be held at Martinsville in the series that eventually became the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

Bond, James Bond is the name. We all know and love his movies, but what does the 007 agent and NASCAR have in common you may ask? They both love speed and cars.

But he too took part in a NASCAR race event back in 1995 in the form of a paint scheme, what was this said paint scheme and who ran it?

No takers?

Here's a hint:

He still runs a few odd races here and there both on Cup and NW. (part timer)

Not him either, sorry.

Another hint and this may totally give it away but here it is..

It was ran during the last race of the year.

K, easy one here. Anyone who's been watching NASCAR since the 90's remembers Sterling Marlin's restrictor plate super car that won 4 out of the eight plate races it was run in before being destroyed in the 96 Dega crash that nearly ended Dale Sr. Now I have to say that although I was not a fan of Sterling, I was a huge fan of that car mainly because it was a bowtie & when it was totaled, i was really upset & as dumb as some of you think this may sound, I felt like the team should've had a memorial service for it. Anyway my question is this: Who was the man at Morgan McLure Racing that built the engine in that car?

I'm not sure who built the engine, but I remember "Dr. Gas" designed the exhaust system, which Morgan McClure secured the exclusive rights to.

Been a week & nothing yet? Alright i'll try to give a hint without actually giving the answer. (A buddy of mine was telling me that back in 2005 he had to take his runts to Pittsburgh to live with his ex-wife) Now let's see if anyone pick's up on that...

Shelton- Runt- Pittman. I've been trying to shake that out of the cobwebs and the hint broke it loose.

I hope muggle not doesn't mind me skirting the games rules a little but this question is about some little known Nascar history.

In 1967 I was at the Daytona speedweeks and attended 5 Nascar sanctioned events, 1- 1967 Sportsman Division won by Pete Hamilton, 2- 1967 Qualifier #1 won by Lee Roy Yarbrough, 3- 1967 Qualifier #2 won by Fred Lorenzen, 4- 1967 Daytona 500 won by Mario Andretti, what was the 5th Nascar sanctioned event I attended that week.

Another good try but no. Hint: Ya'll think completely out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom