Nascar Trivia

OK its a game for people that like looking up stuff I didnt know . Thanx

kat2220 said:
Benny Parsons, just over 200mph, 18th....I think

Ok, you got part of it.. Benny Parsons who finished 18th in the points. You're a little high on the pole speed......so keep trying.:beerbang:

DING>>>DING>>>DING..... we have a winner.

Kat:beerbang: :beerbang:

The offcial speed was 196.317. 196 is close enough.

OK Kat, your turn.

Thanks NW!

Who was the first woman to earn a starting spot for the Daytona 500, what year and where did she finish?

kat2220 said:
Thanks NW!

Who was the first woman to earn a starting spot for the Daytona 500, what year and where did she finish?

Janet Guthrie? (sp?) 1977 and 12th. :)

I watched a special not to long ago... so I remember hearing that I think.

Heres one I know ...Janet Guthrie in 77 she finished last of cars still running 12th that hadnt been in a wreck

Heres one that will stump the google experts I think . Who was the last Nascar driver with only one arm ?

Pandorasbox said:
Heres one that will stump the google experts I think . Who was the last Nascar driver with only one arm ?
pandorasbox, rules of the Quiz Topic are you first have to guess the answer before posting the next question. ...and the answer has to be confirmed by the person that asks the question. It is up to kat to confirm whether the answer was right or wrong.

pandorasbox, we WOULD like you to play the Nascar Quiz as it is a lot of fun. :)

Alverez said:
Janet Guthrie? (sp?) 1977 and 12th. :)

I watched a special not to long ago... so I remember hearing that I think.

DING! Correct Alvarez so it's your turn!

Pandora, Alv beat you to it, but don't give up!

OK, here goes...

How many different pole winners were there in the 1998 season, And who were they? (This is a tough one. Remember a person can have more then one pole per season... ;) )

If you can give me the correct number of pole winners, and the person with the most poles that year, I'll let ya slide on the rest. ;) hehe

But, go for the gold and try for all of them! :beerbang:

Pandorasbox said:
15 pole winners Jeff Gordon had 7

Very good!! :beerbang:

did ya try for the other 14 drivers?
whistle.gif

Your turn Pandorasbox :)

T Y Alverez.........When Animals Attack .....Nascar races have been visited by wildlife many times just name the last 3 wild animals to get involved in a race in some way ...Bonus if you know what races and no Jimmy Spencer visiting Kurt Busch in the pits does not count as a gorrilla attack.

Pandorasbox said:
T Y Alverez.........When Animals Attack .....Nascar races have been visited by wildlife many times just name the last 3 wild animals to get involved in a race in some way ...Bonus if you know what races and no Jimmy Spencer visiting Kurt Busch in the pits does not count as a gorrilla attack.

Deer @ Pocono on Track,
Sea Gull @ Daytona Qualify'n for Mikey Waltrip (hit the front of his car),
and I believe @ deer at Watkins Glen on the side of the track?

Dang, Oh well, I keep getting the feelign there's a squirl involved in this question.. but, I can't recall if that's it... or where it was if it is. LOL

I tried. :)

This wasskel got run down by Jimmy Johnson but now you also have to say where .

ok...

Deer @ Pocono on Track,
Sea Gull @ Daytona Qualify'n for Mikey Waltrip (hit the front of his car),
and I believe @ RABBIT at Watkins Glen?

A wasskaly Wabbit is right but it was 2003 at Sanoma . J Johnson ran it over and Benny did the play by play of track workers scouping it off the track . 2 other rabbits have found thier way on track at Phoenix during the 90s and Dale Earnhardt had a sea gull ride on his grill for 11 laps of the 91 Daytona 500........I didnt think that one was so hard

Go ahead Alverez you got real close

muggle not said:
Ontario, Canada

:beerbang: muggle not got it :beerbang:

the second and third time NASCAR went to another country, it was China. (2 years in a row) but, it cost to much to do, so they ditched it.

your turn muggle not.

Bobby Isaac won the championship in 1970 and had 11 wins. In 1969 he had 17 wins and only came in 6th in the points standings.

Question, early in his career he once won a race and went and hid in the infield immediately after the race......WHY ?

This may be difficult and I wil give the answer in a couple days.

The 64 Daytona 500 was a photo finish and the camera at the start finish line did not work . Bobby did not think he had won the race . It was over 4 hours after the race when Bobby was crowned the winner .

Just in case you are talking about Talladega when Isaacs said he heard a voice telling him to get out of the car . That was 73 and right at the end of his career he was only leading and had not won yet .
You could just have all Booby Isaac trivia . The guy had a wild life .

umm, he spun somone and got the win and they were going to go after him?

that's a total guess...

Back
Top Bottom