Nascar Trivia

A person has the privilege of asking a Trivia Question only after they correctly guess the answer of the previous question AND after the answer has been confirmed by the person that asked the question.
People have 3 days to post a question after they correctly guess the previous question and after their answer has been confirmed by the person that asked it. There is also a 3 day time limit to confirm answers to a question.
All questions are to be associated with Nascar Cup racing. The object of the Trivia is to have fun and learn some interesting facts......and not to post questions that are next to impossible to answer. Common sense and politeness is also nice to use while playing the Trivia.

TEXAS RACE LADY,

If it's OK with muggle not, is there any chance that these updated rules could be incorporated into the first post of this thread where it would be easier for players to make reference to them ?

A person has the privilege of asking a Trivia Question only after they correctly guess the answer of the previous question AND after the answer has been confirmed by the person that asked the question.
People have 3 days to post a question after they correctly guess the previous question and after their answer has been confirmed by the person that asked it. There is also a 3 day time limit to confirm answers to a question.
All questions are to be associated with Nascar Cup racing. The object of the Trivia is to have fun and learn some interesting facts......and not to post questions that are next to impossible to answer. Common sense and politeness is also nice to use while playing the Trivia.

What happens when the 3 day limit has passed and the question hasn't been answered correctly or confirmed correct, or has been conformed correct and a new question question has not been asked?

The time limit is 3 days. Then what?

Ok, I got the last question correct, so here is my trivia question...

What is the time limit rule for the nascar trivia game?

mreed, you're up.

Have you got a good Sprint Cup related question that you can share with us ?

Earnhardt and Gordon?

FLRacingFan, Confirmed correct.

In the modern era, Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon are the only two drivers to have won a Cup series championship in less than 100 starts.

Dale Earnhardt: 71 starts
Jeff Gordon: 93 starts.

Those numbers also include all their Cup series starts before their first full seasons as a rookie.

FLRacingFan has the floor.

Was it Curtis Turner?
Correct.

0226_large.jpg

Your turn.

I have no problem with Johali asking the next question but Gurney was on the cover of SI in May of 1963, almost five years before the Turner cover in February of 1968.

dan gurney.jpg

btw, Gurney won the Riverside 500 (road course race) in January of 1963.

I have no problem with Johali asking the next question but Gurney was on the cover of SI in May of 1963, almost five years before the Turner cover in February of 1968.

View attachment 12524

btw, Gurney won the Riverside 500 (road course race) in January of 1963.
I understand where you're coming from but everywhere I looked beforehand (such as the Motorsports Hall of Fame's web site, openings to various Turner biographies, Appalachian State University's online library, and a few other articles) indicates Turner was the first NASCAR driver to appear on the cover. I'm guessing that has to do with Gurney only running 16 Cup races, with never more than 4 in a season, and only running F1 full-time.

I understand where you're coming from but everywhere I looked beforehand (such as the Motorsports Hall of Fame's web site, openings to various Turner biographies, Appalachian State University's online library, and a few other articles) indicates Turner was the first NASCAR driver to appear on the cover. I'm guessing that has to do with Gurney only running 16 Cup races, with never more than 4 in a season, and only running F1 full-time.
It's up to you FL. but I'm fine with him being right, besides I don't have a question.

Thanks fellers.

I wasn't trying to upset the apple cart with a technicality (OK, maybe I was), but just trying to adhere to muggle not's idea that "the object of the Trivia is to have fun and learn some interesting facts......"

anyways . . . .

Name the winner of the only Cup race at Phoenix International Raceway that went 350 miles or more.

Thanks fellers.

I wasn't trying to upset the apple cart with a technicality (OK, maybe I was), but just trying to adhere to muggle not's idea that "the object of the Trivia is to have fun and learn some interesting facts......"

anyways . . . .

Name the winner of the only Cup race at Phoenix International Raceway that went 350 miles or more.
:D

Thanks fellers.

anyways . . . .

Ryan Newman, 2010 Subway Fresh Fit 600.

Ryan Newman, 2010 Subway Fresh Fit 600.

CORRECT

According to my source, there's an interesting reason why that race was 600 kilometers (378 miles) instead of 500 kilometers (302 miles) as is usual at Phoenix.

"...with the new 2010 NASCAR start time rule change . . . track officials were concerned that the new start time (45 minutes earlier than in the past) would put the majority of the race in the day instead of the planned night.

As a result, the race was stretched to 600 kilometers so that the extra 100 kilometers would take place during the day, and most of the race would still take place at night as planned.

. . . in 2011, the race (date) was moved, . . . returned to 500 kilometers, and ran on Sunday in the daytime for the first time."

Back
Top Bottom