NCAA Basketball 2023-2024

Colorado is really good at home.

Yeah, really too bad they got rid of the auto bids for regular season champions who miss the NCAAT. Lots of mid/low majors gonna get screwed.

College basketball is getting lame because of the power schools. They only care about people who dick ride over UNC, Duke, Syracuse, UConn & Iowa 24/7.

College basketball is getting lame because of the power schools. They only care about people who dick ride over UNC, Duke, Syracuse, UConn & Iowa 24/7.
They’re talking about expanding the NCAA tournament to 96 teams now. The Big Dance is, and has been, perfection in its current iteration for decades now. Would be sorely misguided to muck it up at this point.

They’re talking about expanding the NCAA tournament to 96 teams now. The Big Dance is, and has been, perfection in its current iteration for decades now. Would be sorely misguided to muck it up at this point.

That’s how these NCAA / big college folks are, arrogant robots whose natural DNA is to screw anything up possible.

That’s how these NCAA / big college folks are, arrogant robots whose natural DNA is to screw anything up possible.
I'm so sick of playoff expansions.
The degrade the regular season. Those regular season games are still meaningful but every expansion makes them just a little less important than they used to be.

Tom Izzo has fallen off. Great coaching career, but Sparty are mid at best these last few years.

Sparty fans will still dick ride over Izzo's tournament streak, even if it has only resulted in one national championship and two total final two appearances. He's very consistent, but I wouldn't rank him in the upper echelon of coaches all time.

I wish I had a team to follow in the tournament now that Utah & Utah Valley & Dixie State (Utah Tech) is seemingly out and headed for the NIT that doesn’t care about mid/low-major champs anymore & doesn’t play @ MSG.

BYU I know a lot about, but sometimes they are weirder than Duke.

Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils in Itta Bena, MS (Population: 2,000+) are now 0-27 (0-14 SWAC)!

Not only that, the best team in the SWAC (11-3), is 14-13 Grambling State.

I wish I had a team to follow in the tournament now that Utah & Utah Valley & Dixie State (Utah Tech) is seemingly out and headed for the NIT that doesn’t care about mid/low-major champs anymore & doesn’t play @ MSG.

BYU I know a lot about, but sometimes they are weirder than Duke.
Utah State should be pretty solidly in the NCAAT at this point. Good basketball player out there in the Mountain West.

Sparty fans will still dick ride over Izzo's tournament streak, even if it has only resulted in one national championship and two total final two appearances. He's very consistent, but I wouldn't rank him in the upper echelon of coaches all time.
It’s really tough to even get to the Final Four as often as he has but the conversion rate when he gets there is pretty wild. Really impressive résumé overall, just more along the lines of Boeheim and Calipari among his contemporaries than a Coach K or Roy Williams. Even a Jim Calhoun, who I think was still pretty underrated.

The Mountain West is definitely a power conference in men’s basketball at times. I wonder if UNLV can make the tournament this year? You got 5-7 teams that could/will make it.

The Mountain West is definitely a power conference in men’s basketball at times. I wonder if UNLV can make the tournament this year? You got 5-7 teams that could/will make it.
UNLV could definitely be a bid stealer, the conference tourney is at their home floor. They’ve beaten a couple of top teams in the league already too.

I’ll say I enjoy the NCAA Tournament more when the big schools are battling in the Final Four over something like Florida Atlantic vs whoever they played last year. You can’t tell me the one year that Duke vs UNC played each other in the Final Four, that wasn’t riveting television. Give me more of that than some fluke 3 week run we get from some school we’ll never hear from again.

I’ll say I enjoy the NCAA Tournament more when the big schools are battling in the Final Four over something like Florida Atlantic vs whoever they played last year. You can’t tell me the one year that Duke vs UNC played each other in the Final Four, that wasn’t riveting television. Give me more of that than some fluke 3 week run we get from some school we’ll never hear from again.
St. Peter’s was by far the biggest story outside that Final Four. That’s the beauty of the tournament - there’s plenty of room for both.

Kicking regular season conference champions out of the NIT and expanding the NCAA to 80, 96, however many teams so the 13th-place Big XII team can get in is overkill.

I really enjoyed Furman knocking out top seeded Virgina in the tournament last year. When I was about 10 or 12 my friends dad would get us tickets to the Furman football games.

Frankie told me we would be sitting in front of the cheerleaders. Originally I was put off by the idea but it only took a minute or two to become a believer.

I went to some their basketball games too, they had some pretty good teams in those days considering the size of the university.

FB_IMG_1709315798873.jpg

Caitlin Clark declared for the WNBA draft. Kinda disappointing tbh, but I guess we’ll test once and for all if the league is capable of ever getting mainstream attention. If it doesn’t happen with her, it’ll never happen.

Caitlin Clark declared for the WNBA draft. Kinda disappointing tbh, but I guess we’ll test once and for all if the league is capable of ever getting mainstream attention. If it doesn’t happen with her, it’ll never happen.

The WNBA is already experiencing growth.

Sabrina Ionescu, Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese is a recipe for success.

The Britney Griner situation probably helped attract eyes to the WNBA as well.

She should leave! These damn people are staying in school for so long they could be doctors at this point

The WNBA is already experiencing growth.

Sabrina Ionescu, Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese is a recipe for success.

The Britney Griner situation probably helped attract eyes to the WNBA as well.
She’ll be teammates with Aliyah Boston, who was #1 pick last year after they met in the Final Four. Definitely a lot of young talent entering the league right now.

She should leave! These damn people are staying in school for so long they could be doctors at this point
It only would’ve been her fifth year, which had gotten pretty normal with grad seasons anyways. Some of these guys that are getting waivers to play a seventh or eighth year of college football…yeah, kinda ridiculous.

Pandemic.
The pandemic year is only the one free season if you were rostered in 2020-21.

There’s a football player at Miami who’s entering his ninth year, which includes the free COVID year, redshirt year, and then three injury-related waivers I think.

If I was a chancellor of a Big Ten school not in Columbus, Ohio, I’d leave that conference. My god.

No matter what the sport is, the favoritism and the things they get away with. Between watching their football games all season and these basketball games, it’s no wonder everyone hates them.

Fox bitching when Ohio gets called. No complaints when Iowa got called when an OSU player fell on her own without contact.

Man, I’m becoming a Michigan fan lol.

Back
Top Bottom