NCAA football 2014

That's the thing though, other than Alabama, the SEC really wasn't that good this year. That's kind of showing in the bowl games.
They're not as good as they were made out to be but Wisconsin was the #2 or #3 team in the Big Ten and Auburn finished 6th in the SEC. A team like Georgia would've made for a better matchup. Some of these tie-ins are just goofy.

If this holds, it'll be the first SEC-less National Championship Game since Texas-USC after the '05 season.
Hopefully it'll be just as good. That game got me to follow college football beyond the local schools and remains the best I've ever seen.

And to think that the BCS would've given us Alabama-Florida State. :XXROFL:

Alabama sure wasn't in any hurry that last drive even after Ohio State let them right back in it.

Who would have thought that Oregon and Ohio State would be in the championship? More importantly, who would've thought it wouldn't be between Alabama and Florida State?

Alabama sure wasn't in any hurry that last drive even after Ohio State let them right back in it.

Who would have thought that Oregon and Ohio State would be in the championship? More importantly, who would've thought it wouldn't be between Alabama and Florida State?
Oregon's regular tempo had more urgency than Alabama in the two-minute drill.

No way Ohio State beats Oregon. Not gonna happen.

That being said, congrats to them on their win. Bama had no desire to win that game. Playing calling looked like it was done by a first year Pee Wee Football coach. You have a RB that's 6'3", 230 lbs and averaging around 6 yards a carry, you run him until he's stopped. Bama shouldn't have thrown the ball more than 10 times the entire game with the depth of RB they have.

Oh well, maybe I'll get the call next week to be their new O.C..... :)

Me

That being said, congrats to them on their win. Bama had no desire to win that game. Playing calling looked like it was done by a first year Pee Wee Football coach. You have a RB that's 6'3", 230 lbs and averaging around 6 yards a carry, you run him until he's stopped. Bama shouldn't have thrown the ball more than 10 times the entire game with the depth of RB they have.

Anything can happen. ..

I'm sure Ohio State will be an underdog, but I think a win against Oregon is possible. OSU is about the closest thing to an SEC team that the Big Ten has. While Oregon looked very impressive yesterday, they played an FSU team that was somewhat overrated, and the Ducks didn't really blow that game open until the 3rd quarter, it was pretty tight up until then.

FSU players can't shake hands with Oregon....no class.
Sore losers
Watch the news. Oregon's fans and players doing the chop and chanting "NO MEANS NO" had something to do with it. Agree or disagree, it was the wrong place wrong time.

PASADENA, Calif. -- Several Oregon players are facing team discipline after celebrating their win in the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual by apparently mocking Florida Statequarterback Jameis Winston and allegations of sexual assault that have followed the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner the past two years.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...cks-players-face-discipline-no-means-no-chant

Watch the news. Oregon's fans and players doing the chop and chanting "NO MEANS NO" had something to do with it. Agree or disagree, it was the wrong place wrong time.

PASADENA, Calif. -- Several Oregon players are facing team discipline after celebrating their win in the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual by apparently mocking Florida Statequarterback Jameis Winston and allegations of sexual assault that have followed the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner the past two years.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...cks-players-face-discipline-no-means-no-chant
Yeah, after hearing the details of Oregon's "no means no" chant, the FSU walkoff makes a little more sense. At least Jameis himself went to midfield after the game.

:D and that's what they siad about OSU/ "Bama...

they prob'ly won't win...but hell, they have a better chance than the whole rest of college football...I'd call it 50/50. either they will, or they won't. :idunno:

That was done well after the postgame handshake.

That was done well after the postgame handshake.
According to the news It was started in the last 2 minutes of the game by some fans and it pissed most of the FSU team off so they just left the field. The Oregon team members picked it up after the game. I wasn't there so I relied on three different new's sources for the info.

Look at what Ohio State has done after losing 2 Heisman quarterbacks. They are strong. It's true, they may not win but I am so proud of them.

And congrats Fergy on a fine year for his team!!!!

According to the news It was started in the last 2 minutes of the game by some fans and it pissed most of the FSU team off so they just left the field. The Oregon team members picked it up after the game. I wasn't there so I relied on three different new's sources for the info.
Yea, I was just referring to the players. I'm sure the fans were giving them all kinds of hell. Still no excuse for the unsportsmanship behavior. Heckling from the fans is just part of the game. Heck, even the guy that they were chanting about shook hands after the game. If he can, surely his teammates can.

Yea, I was just referring to the players. I'm sure the fans were giving them all kinds of hell. Still no excuse for the unsportsmanship behavior. Heckling from the fans is just part of the game. Heck, even the guy that they were chanting about shook hands after the game. If he can, surely his teammates can.
You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine and my opinion is that there is a time and place for everything. Bringing criminal allegations into a college sport to disrespect your opponent the way they did is unsportsmanlike and completely uncalled for. I would have liked to see the punks in the stands doing that given a black eye or two. I don't like Winston or what he's done and accused of doing but as I say there is a time and place. There is heckling and there is total disrespect for a team and I believe that what they were doing was the latter.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine and my opinion is that there is a time and place for everything. Bringing criminal allegations into a college sport to disrespect your opponent the way they did is unsportsmanlike and completely uncalled for. I would have liked to see the punks in the stands doing that given a black eye or two. I don't like Winston or what he's done and accused of doing but as I say there is a time and place. There is heckling and there is total disrespect for a team and I believe that what they were doing was the latter.
Let me clarify that we agree. I wasn't saying whether it was right or wrong. It is disrespectful, but its to be expected.

I'm just saying that to not shake hands with your opponents because of fans is a piss poor excuse to be sore losers to your opponents.

I hate Tennessee but damn it's good to see the SEC East kicking ass in bowl games after all of the **** this division has taken recently.

I'm a much bigger Buckeyes fan than I am an SEC hater. As sick as I get of hearing about how great the SEC is supposed to be, and especially the SEC West, and how rediculous it is that them losing a conference game is practically excused, I was much happier that Ohio State won than who their opponent was. Beating Nick Saban and shutting up a few critics and finishing a pretty good whooping of the SEC West in the bowls, a few of those by Big Ten teams, was simply icing on the cake. I also don't really need SEC fans' acknowledgements that Ohio State was just better last night. If I don't put much stock in their delusional opinions all year, I'm not going to suddenly start worrying about it now.

Back
Top Bottom