New "what are you listening to thread"

I've always been a fan of Simple Plan, though much more of their older stuff. However, this song popped up on my recommendations on Youtube so I checked it out. It's one of those slow and romantic songs, but I'm digging it.

Hey @DUN24 if you can get over the song content and look at the bar scenes are you able to figure out where it is? :)

I finally sat down and listened to all of Epica's album The Holographic Principle this weekend. It was one of those albums that I bought during that onslaught of music a few months ago but never got all the way through. The first half is just okay overall (compared to their previous masterpiece, The Quantum Enigma). The second half is really, really good though, right on par with the best stuff they've ever done. This track, Tear Down Your Walls, is one of my favorites. I love the soft, melancholy intro and the chorus.

I've been listening to this Tennis album too, Ritual in Repeat, which also got lost in the shuffle. This is a good track from the second half of that album.

One Last Breath by Creed was on a loop on my phone during my workout at the gym last night. It wasn't a great weekend to say the least, but music has always been good therapy for me.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Again, it would be awesome to be able to post the video for that song, but even with this tapatalk app, I don't think I am capable of doing something like that.

A co-worker told me to give some heavy metal/metalcore bands a try. This is one of the bands that I checked out. Most of their music is too heavy for me, but this one song has become one of my favorite songs. My interpretation is that even in the darkest of times, it's best to shine bright, just like a lighthouse does.

Thanks, Brentford. I am not the biggest Creed fan myself, but I do really like a few of their songs a lot. That just happens to be one of them.

Linkin Park has TONS of unreleased tracks. It's crazy, because they are such good songs! QWERTY also has a live version and it's pretty sick as well.

This makes me want to get back into making beats for fun:

Nice touch in the Dave Brubeck samples as well, using a sampler with actual records is so much more involving than just using a computer. I loved it.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Avenged Sevenfold and some Testament. I hadn't really listened the newest Testament until now, even though it came out last year.

I've been listening to the new Xandria album and Chvrches, who sound like a slightly more poppy version of The Birthday Massacre. I like them. They did the Mirror's Edge Catalyst theme.

DJ Shadow is by far one of the legends, but his new album "The Mountain Will Fall" is incredible and brings him back to the front of the triphop scene.

DJ Shadow x RTJ

Last edited:
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Avenged Sevenfold and some Testament. I hadn't really listened the newest Testament until now, even though it came out last year.

I really dig me some Avenged Sevenfold, myself. I really like the lead guitarist Synyster Gates. I almost bought one of his signature series guitars a while back. I am generally more of a blues guy, but I already have my Strat for that, it doesn't really work too well when I play metal though. And, I have been getting back into playing more metal with my son being a heavy metal guitar player. He has a Jackson, RRMG24. It's a Randy Rhodes model flying V.

I really dig me some Avenged Sevenfold, myself. I really like the lead guitarist Synyster Gates. I almost bought one of his signature series guitars a while back. I am generally more of a blues guy, but I already have my Strat for that, it doesn't really work too well when I play metal though. And, I have been getting back into playing more metal with my son being a heavy metal guitar player. He has a Jackson, RRMG24. It's a Randy Rhodes model flying V.

A7X really does have some great guitar work. Personally I think their musicianship is underrated. If you like strats but want a more metal one, check out the Iron Maiden sigs. Dave Murray's is Fender, Adrian Smith's is a Jackson strat:
stacks_image_113.jpg

A7X really does have some great guitar work. Personally I think their musicianship is underrated. If you like strats but want a more metal one, check out the Iron Maiden sigs. Dave Murray's is Fender, Adrian Smith's is a Jackson strat:
stacks_image_113.jpg
I appreciate that. Iron Maiden has been my favorite metal band since the early 80's, but I have just never really been able to get into the Strat for metal for some reason. Like I said, I love my Strat for blues and I have had an ES335 and a Les Paul and a few other types before as well over the years. The only thing I haven't done yet, that I really want to, is a Paul Reed Smith. The only thing holding me back there is the money. If I do it, I don't want to get a really budget model that might as well not even be a PSR, I want a really nice one. But, that will have to wait for a while.

I appreciate that. Iron Maiden has been my favorite metal band since the early 80's, but I have just never really been able to get into the Strat for metal for some reason. Like I said, I love my Strat for blues and I have had an ES335 and a Les Paul and a few other types before as well over the years. The only thing I haven't done yet, that I really want to, is a Paul Reed Smith. The only thing holding me back there is the money. If I do it, I don't want to get a really budget model that might as well not even be a PSR, I want a really nice one. But, that will have to wait for a while.

PRS is pricey for the top models, thats for sure. I really like those Adrian Smith Jacksons; don't "need" one though. My go-to guitar lately has been my Squier Bullet Strat HSS. Not my "best" guitar, but man it's fun and comfortable to play.

PRS is pricey for the top models, thats for sure. I really like those Adrian Smith Jacksons; don't "need" one though. My go-to guitar lately has been my Squier Bullet Strat HSS. Not my "best" guitar, but man it's fun and comfortable to play.
I understand that. My main guitar is just a Fender mexi-standard strat. It's a beautiful tobacco sunburst that looks a bit like Stevie Ray Vaughan's #1. The only mods that I have done to it was I put a pearloid pick guard on it and a set of strap locks and that's it. I just hated the plain old gloss white pick guard that it came with from the factory.

You know it's going to be a good day when you have a song like this in your head right off the bat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Lzzy Hale almost defines sexy AF, especially in this song and video

I think it's obvious why I love Emmylou Harris

I think it was back in Jan. ,a couple months ago, I was in a youtube vortex that started with a
George Jones or Haggard/Emmylou duet (live). That took me to a Gram Parsons link. I always heard
bands say they were influenced by Parsons but I had not one clue what he did. 2 hours later
after reading his life story, playing old interviews , seeing videos of all the bands he was in, I was
amazed. A lot of his early childhood roots started here in my state of Ga which would end
26 years later at Joshua Tree. Do you know much about his story?

The vast majority of people have no idea who these guys are but I absolutely love this band called Indigenous. The name is based on them being Native American.

Back
Top Bottom