Next Gen Upgrades

Credit to NASCAR for stepping up and absorbing the cost of the changes, as they absolutely should. Let's hope that the changes are substantial enough to achieve the desired results, but you still can't escape the fact that there is an awful lot of mass and material back there that was not present in any previous generation of stock car.

When the Next Gen was remotely crash-tested and data showed forces that would “kill a human,” why did they ok the design?

No humans have been killed ... neither were any crash test dummies killed.

Rather than continuing to play the blame game, you fellas can satisfy yourselves with the fact that the sanctioning body has accepted responsibility for the problem.

Their offer to pay for the upgrade is evidence of that. Onward and upward.

No humans have been killed ... neither were any crash test dummies killed.

Rather than continuing to play the blame game, you fellas can satisfy yourselves with the fact that the sanctioning body has accepted responsibility for the problem.

Their offer to pay for the upgrade is evidence of that. Onward and upward.
I think it's ALWAYS important and valuable to know why you got the wrong answer the first time. It's not like crash testing is a new technology where nobody has any correlation data to work off of. NASCAR had been collecting data off the old cars for quite some time. It shouldn't have taken more than one or two tests to determine that the new car data was not in line with the old data. What were they not seeing, and why?

I think it's ALWAYS important and valuable to know why you got the wrong answer the first time. It's not like crash testing is a new technology where nobody has any correlation data to work off of. NASCAR had been collecting data off the old cars for quite some time. It shouldn't have taken more than one or two tests to determine that the new car data was not in line with the old data. What were they not seeing, and why?
Same argument.

Are you aware that the test that supposedly killed the dummy was a right frontal impact?

As for the information derived from the detailed analysis, I have to think that’s is / was available on a need to know basis. You and I are not on that list. Again, NASCAR has accepted responsibility ... time to move on.

Feel free to have the last word in this exchange.

Has been said by many and has been done in every version of a Nascar and that is the car will continue to be improved and redesigned as time goes on. The hysterics are optional.

Same argument.

Are you aware that the test that supposedly killed the dummy was a right frontal impact?

As for the information derived from the detailed analysis, I have to think that’s is / was available on a need to know basis. You and I are not on that list. Again, NASCAR has accepted responsibility ... time to move on.

Feel free to have the last word in this exchange.

Yes I'm aware, and I have never referenced the killed crash test dummy, because there didn't seem to be any consensus on whether it actually happened or not. This is REALLY simple. NASCAR HAD the data on rear impacts in the old car, LOTS of it, and yet they approved a car design that obviously had much different numbers and it ended up biting them in the ass. I want to know how that was allowed to happen and what the reasoning was. If you are not curious enough to want to know why, that's YOUR business, but I DO want to know, even though I'm quite sure nobody will ever fess. up. This is 2022. Things like this are not done by God and by guess anymore and haven't been for a long time. On something as important as driver safety, I expect a LOT better results on the first try, and many of the drivers seem to agree.

If you needed to know they would tell you.

Yes I'm aware, and I have never referenced the killed crash test dummy, because there didn't seem to be any consensus on whether it actually happened or not. This is REALLY simple. NASCAR HAD the data on rear impacts in the old car, LOTS of it, and yet they approved a car design that obviously had much different numbers and it ended up biting them in the ass. I want to know how that was allowed to happen and what the reasoning was. If you are not curious enough to want to know why, that's YOUR business, but I DO want to know, even though I'm quite sure nobody will ever fess. up. This is 2022. Things like this are not done by God and by guess anymore and haven't been for a long time. On something as important as driver safety, I expect a LOT better results on the first try, and many of the drivers seem to agree.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha

Im all about safety and if this helps thats great. From what I'm looking at when the new rear clip makes contact with the wall or is hit with force by another car, your day is over.

You actually made a good point, major manufacturers that design cars of the future everyday sometimes make mistakes and they recognise that and offer to fix at their expense.
I think they were just a bit late. I’m not sure which driver said this but NASCAR should’ve done something after the first concussion (which I believe was Kurt.) Drivers were already complaining about hard hits in this new car.
NASCAR has a history of making mistakes and yes, it’s good that this one is being addressed.

Hench why I keep posting that "nothing to see here meme" as some prefer to sweep such things under the rug. I don't understand they reluctance to accept NASCAR had the info and chose to ignore it. It was a choice. Not mistaking that.

Hench why I keep posting that "nothing to see here meme" as some prefer to sweep such things under the rug. I don't understand they reluctance to accept NASCAR had the info and chose to ignore it. It was a choice. Not mistaking that.
Damn little phone keyboard and autocorrect

Early on drivers complained about in-car temps. Since then fires, steering issues, hard impacts that have resulted in injuries…
It would seem they could’ve done a little more testing instead of pushing this car through so quickly.

I think they were just a bit late. I’m not sure which driver said this but NASCAR should’ve done something after the first concussion (which I believe was Kurt.) Drivers were already complaining about hard hits in this new car.
NASCAR has a history of making mistakes and yes, it’s good that this one is being addressed.
lol. Come on man

Early on drivers complained about in-car temps. Since then fires, steering issues, hard impacts that have resulted in injuries…
It would seem they could’ve done a little more testing instead of pushing this car through so quickly.
And they addressed and made changes concerning the in car temps.

Yes you come up with one extremely complicated example yet ignore the millions of dollars they have spent on safety. I disagree with your disagreement
They missed that one, and it could have had tragic ramifications. I’m not saying your wrong in your assessment and for the most part I agree with all you’re saying. I just think mistakes are made sometimes or maybe even overlooked? I think they’ll get this car right.

They missed that one, and it could have had tragic ramifications. I’m not saying your wrong in your assessment and for the most part I agree with all you’re saying. I just think mistakes are made sometimes or maybe even overlooked? I think they’ll get this car right.
They may or may not have missed it but Blaney has personal responsibility in that, only he knows if it was secure or not, NASCAR was in a precarious spot.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha
You claim to be all about safety, but yet it doesn't seem to bother you ONE BIT that NASCAR miscalculated quite badly on this, and you seem just fine with the attitude of we'll fix it when we get around to to it. If NASCAR has nothing to hide, then don't hide it. NASCAR has always wanted to have it both ways. They want you to trust them, but they are generally very reluctant to pull back the curtain and let people see the process. I just had a conversation with somebody who is quite confused and suspicious of the appeals process for Byron. How do you fix that? Put the appeals hearing out there for everybody to see. Why not? Should be nothing to hide.....

You claim to be all about safety, but yet it doesn't seem to bother you ONE BIT that NASCAR miscalculated quite badly on this, and you seem just fine with the attitude of we'll fix it when we get around to to it. If NASCAR has nothing to hide, then don't hide it. NASCAR has always wanted to have it both ways. They want you to trust them, but they are generally very reluctant to pull back the curtain and let people see the process. I just had a conversation with somebody who is quite confused and suspicious of the appeals process for Byron. How do you fix that? Put the appeals hearing out there for everybody to see. Why not? Should be nothing to hide.....
Did you miss the crash test they just finished and the subsequent actions they took to soften up the rear end impacts? I'm sure you and others are well aware that this test wasn't the first nor will it be the last so you all will have more opportunities to do your I told you so routines? So cheer up the circus continues.

Provide data please

Did you miss the crash test they just finished and the subsequent actions they took to soften up the rear end impacts? I'm sure you and others are well aware that this test wasn't the first nor will it be the last so you all will have more opportunities to do your I told you so routines? So cheer up the circus continues.
I heard they used a sign that fell off the wall to crash the car in the test.

Back
Top Bottom