NFL 2013

As far as Sherman goes, it was an emotional outburst during an emotional game. I don't look at it any different than some of us on here. Hell, someone on here even hoped he got cancer because of it. I doubt that person truly hopes for that, but they were obviously wrapped up in the emotion of the game and events surrounding it. The recklessness of comments like that are the same, the only difference is that one gets read by 100 people and the other is viewed by millions.

If emotional outbursts are thuggish, I bet there isn't a person among us that isn't a thug.
Damn, what a**hole wished cancer on someone? :eek:

The Browns are close to hiring Bills DC Mike Pettine as their new head coach. From the same Bills team the Browns themselves scored 37 points on this year. Reserve your Super Bowl XLIX tickets now Browns fans!

It's a good hire as long as management lets him coach. He has a great eye for talent, and his defenses are always in the top 10. Of those 37 points, only 2 were TD's. Benjamin ran back a punt return, Ward had a pick 6, and Cundiff knocked in 4 FG's.

As far as Sherman goes, it was an emotional outburst during an emotional game. I don't look at it any different than some of us on here. Hell, someone on here even hoped he got cancer because of it. I doubt that person truly hopes for that, but they were obviously wrapped up in the emotion of the game and events surrounding it. The recklessness of comments like that are the same, the only difference is that one gets read by 100 people and the other is viewed by millions.

If emotional outbursts are thuggish, I bet there isn't a person among us that isn't a thug.
Good thing he was the only emotional one on the team. At least the other players won classy.

I won't call him a thug, but I'd call him classless.

I would also say he acted stupidly.
Where have I heard that before.

Good thing he was the only emotional one on the team. At least the other players won classy.

I won't call him a thug, but I'd call him classless.

I would also say he acted stupidly.
Where have I heard that before.
I'm actually surprised that Crabtree isn't catching more hell over this whole incident. Hitting somebody in the facemask after an attempted post-game handshake is pretty classless too. Granted, Sherman is a loudmouth, but Crabtree has always been a punk himself.

Josh Brent will spend 180 days in jail and 10 years on probation for the drunk driving wreck that killed his friend and teammate.

Brent will also pay at $10,000 fine in addition to the time in jail. Brent faced up to 20 years behind bars or as little as probation.

A jury began deliberations late Thursday and delivered a verdict shortly before 11:30 a.m. Friday.

The judge in the case, Robert Burns, III, lectured Brent during sentencing. He told the ex-player he wasn't the "first Cowboy to kill somebody with a vehicle."

"Your actions, I think, bring shame to the City of Dallas," Burns said. "I think you do a grievous wrong to humanity by killing your friend. You certainly had a big warning sign that you were on the wrong path with that DWI. You chose the path of irresponsibility. No driver's license, no insurance, you shouldn't have even been driving a car to begin with. Not to mention the fact you were driving while intoxicated."

Brent was convicted of intoxication manslaughter on Wednesday in the Dec. 2012 death of Jerry Brown in a car wreck where Brent was the driver and Brown the passenger. Authorities said Brent's blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.

The mother of Brown was the final person to testify on Thursday and told the court she doesn't hold a grudge against Brent over her son's death.

"We all make mistakes," Stacey Jackson, Brown's mother, said.

Jackson's testimony was emotional, at times tearing up on the stand.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24540659/josh-brent-punishment-phase#ixzz2rLXPGA2Q

I'm actually surprised that Crabtree isn't catching more hell over this whole incident. Hitting somebody in the facemask after an attempted post-game handshake is pretty classless too. Granted, Sherman is a loudmouth, but Crabtree has always been a punk himself.

If someone came up to you with a slap on the butt and a sarcastic handshake wouldn't you tell him to **** off?

If someone came up to you with a slap on the butt and a sarcastic handshake wouldn't you tell him to **** off?

Probably more because he got beat and knew he wasn't going to the Super Bowl. I guess I wouldn't be happy either.

I sure hope they don't decide to move the game to another day due to weather. Has anyone else been hearing anything about this?

I just got invited to go to the game. Hopefully, it won't be too cold.

I actually described him as a pecker-headed punk.....but then again, I didn' refer to Sherman as a thug either. But if it will make your vag stop crying...

Bieber is a thug. Bieliber dat.
Bieliber dat.Hilarious

Shame to see that the NFL caved to the right wing political correctness BS and fined Richard Sherman.

No Fun League.
Andy, even for you, this is a really stupid comment. Have you ever seen a player fined for taunting another player in a similar manner to what Sherman did? If not, apparently you aren't nearly as much of an NFL fan as you claim to be. It happens on a fairly regular basis when someone taunts another player to the point of making hand gestures, particularly in a choking manner as your new hero Sherman did at the end of the game. I actually expected a larger fine when I saw it live. If anything, I think Goodell lessened the fine so that he didn't appear "racist" as anyone who dares to criticize Sherman's boorish behavior is being labeled.

I actually described him as a pecker-headed punk.....but then again, I didn' refer to Sherman as a thug either. But if it will make your vag stop crying...

Bieber is a thug. Bieliber dat.[/quote
998156_10153748630785713_697799165_n.png

He makes less than you'd expect. His salary this year is $550k.
Just imagine how much more he would be making if his attitude/character would have allowed him to be drafter where his talent suggested he should have been instead of in the fifth round where he was. Front office people are often scared off by people like him. Sometimes they flourish, like I truly hope he does, and end up making people regret passing on them. But many more times, they prove the front office types right when they self destruct.

Just imagine how much more he would be making if his attitude/character would have allowed him to be drafter where his talent suggested he should have been instead of in the fifth round where he was. Front office people are often scared off by people like him. Sometimes they flourish, like I truly hope he does, and end up making people regret passing on them. But many more times, they prove the front office types right when they self destruct.

He wasn't overlooked because of his attitude. In fact, his off the field stuff was an asset to his entry to the NFL. He was drafted in the 5th round because in college he had yet to develop into the talent he is today.

Yeah you're right, $550K is barely above poverty level.

You know my point was not relative to the average person, it was to point out that he makes the league minimum, which isn't big NFL star pay that you referenced.

It's probably half a paycheck for him.

You know my point was not relative to the average person, it was to point out that he makes the league minimum, which isn't big NFL star pay that you referenced.

It's probably half a paycheck for him.
I beg to differ, $550K a year is big money to run around on grass for 3 hours on 16 Sundays.

I beg to differ, $550K a year is big money to run around on grass for 3 hours on 16 Sundays.

Not when you're one of 1700 people that draw $10 billion a year in revenue. His salary is 1/18,000 of the NFL's revenue. I'd say he's under paid from a market perspective.

Not when you're one of 1700 people that draw $10 billion a year in revenue. His salary is 1/18,000 of the NFL's revenue. I'd say he's under paid from a market perspective.

He works one day a week. I'd be wet my pants happy to get that much $ for one day a week.

He works one day a week. I'd be wet my pants happy to get that much $ for one day a week.

6 days a week. The NFL only pays less than 20% of its revenue to players, yet they're the entire reason anyone watches. I don't have any issues with players ending up with big money. Plus, in the NFL, if you get injured and can't play anymore, most contracts are written that don't allow for a payout, so your income is done right there.

As far as Sherman goes, $550k is good money, but its not big money by any means.

6 days a week. The NFL only pays less than 20% of its revenue to players, yet they're the entire reason anyone watches. I don't have any issues with players ending up with big money. Plus, in the NFL, if you get injured and can't play anymore, most contracts are written that don't allow for a payout, so your income is done right there.

As far as Sherman goes, $550k is good money, but its not big money by any means.
I wonder if he has to take a side job to pay his fine?

How much of a percentage of Microsoft's or Facebook's or Apples or Amazons etc yearly earnings does a top IT make? Most people including me don't give a crap about Company earnings as long as the company is sound and prospering so we can continue earning a pay check, we are concerned only about our own salary.

How much of a percentage of Microsoft's or Facebook's or Apples or Amazons etc yearly earnings does a top IT make? Most people including me don't give a crap about Company earnings as long as the company is sound and prospering so we can continue earning a pay check, we are concerned only about our own salary.

The question is how much do those companies pay their talent as a % of revenue? For MSFT, the answer is nearly 50%. The NFL isn't even half that.

I guess to put Sherman's fine in perspective, it would be like someone who makes $55,000 a year getting a $750 fine. Not enough to put you in the poorhouse, but still hurts nonetheless.

Football players work a lot more than one day a week. Not quite worth the salaries most of them get for sure, but it isn't just one day a week.

Back
Top Bottom