NFL 2013

53.7 million viewers for the Conference championship games. 5.1 million viewers for Homestead last year. I guess this new Chase format is supposed to attract over 48 million new viewers ;)
Or Not.

Looks like Roger Goodell has been drinking Brian France's happy juice.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...onsidering-proposal-to-eliminate-extra-points
"There's one proposal in particular that I've heard about," Goodell said. "It's automatic that you get seven points when you score a touchdown, but you could potentially go for an eighth point, either by running or passing the ball, so if you fail, you go back to six."
---
Wut.

I bet Goodell and France have some vacation property in Washington or Colorado.

I think the owners have to vote it through before any of that nonsense gets implemented. Here's to hoping they have their heads screwed on right.

BedbFuDIMAAWWGZ.jpg

So, what was classless about what Sherman said? He didn't cuss or fight. Everyone wants emotion in sports and Sherman showed it. But because he's black, he's a thug. :rolleyes:

A Stanford educated thug that got there on his academic record... I think he's even pursuing a Master's degree there in the off season.

Many thugs, killers, terrorists etc. are intelligent and well educated and many honest hardworking respected members of society have average intelligence and educations.

So, what was classless about what Sherman said? He didn't cuss or fight. Everyone wants emotion in sports and Sherman showed it. But because he's black, he's a thug. :rolleyes:
LOL at you andy, when every one says
I missed this...you really played the damn race card? WTF Andy...
Of course, why wouldn't he:D:D You know you can't say anything bad about how some "people" act or behave

Former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent was convicted of intoxication manslaughter Wednesday for a fiery wreck that killed his teammate and close friend Jerry Brown.

Jurors, who returned to court Wednesday after deliberating for about three-and-a-half hours on Tuesday, delivered the guilty verdict shortly before 4 p.m. after considering their decision for nearly 11 hours.

Brent, 25, showed no reaction when he learned the verdict. He was led from the courtroom in handcuffs in front of crying family members who were in the front row of the courtroom gallery.

Brent faces up to 20 years behind bars, though he is eligible for and has requested probation. Sentencing in the case will begin Thursday morning.

Brent was charged in a December 2012 wreck in a Dallas suburb that killed Brown, a practice squad linebacker who was Brent's close friend and also a teammate at the University of Illinois.

The two men were headed home from partying with fellow Cowboys at a nightclub when Brent lost control of his Mercedes, causing a fiery accident. Officers who arrived on scene said Brent was seen trying to pull Brown's body from the wreckage.

Police say Brent's blood-alcohol level was tested shortly after the crash at 0.18 percent, more than twice the legal limit for drivers in Texas. Prosecutors last week argued that the burly, 320-pound defensive tackle had as many as 17 drinks that night of the crash.

Brent's attorneys argued the blood tests used by police were faulty and that Brent could not have drank nearly that much. Attorney George Milner said his client was "guilty of being stupid behind the wheel of a car," not drinking beforehand.

Brent retired from the NFL last year, but his ties to the Cowboys were prominent at trial. Two current players, Barry Church and Danny McCray, testified about hanging out with Brent and Brown, first playing video games, then having dinner and going to Privae, a Dallas nightclub.

Jurors saw video of Brent appearing to hold bottles of Champagne in each hand and credit-card receipts that showed Brent had purchased three bottles. They also saw police dash cam footage of Brent losing his balance during field sobriety tests and occasionally stumbling over his words while talking to officers.

The case now moves to sentencing. Milner has previously said his client should receive probation, and Brown's mother, Stacey Jackson, has said in interviews that she has forgiven Brent. Jackson could testify on Brent's behalf at sentencing.

Prosecutors have indicated they will push for jail time for Brent and have talked about the potential to send a message about intoxication manslaughter. His conviction comes just after weeks of fierce debate about a North Texas teen, Ethan Couch, who received probation for intoxication manslaughter after a wreck that left four people dead. Couch's case, and the so-called "affluenza" defense his attorneys employed, became the subject of fierce, widespread scrutiny.

Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins has attended parts of Brent's trial and whispered in prosecutors' ears during the questioning of one witness. Watkins told a sports radio station last year that prosecutors had the responsibility to make sure Brent "loses his freedom."

Former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent was convicted of intoxication manslaughter Wednesday for a fiery wreck that killed his teammate and close friend Jerry Brown.

Jurors, who returned to court Wednesday after deliberating for about three-and-a-half hours on Tuesday, delivered the guilty verdict shortly before 4 p.m. after considering their decision for nearly 11 hours.

Brent, 25, showed no reaction when he learned the verdict. He was led from the courtroom in handcuffs in front of crying family members who were in the front row of the courtroom gallery.

Brent faces up to 20 years behind bars, though he is eligible for and has requested probation. Sentencing in the case will begin Thursday morning.

Brent was charged in a December 2012 wreck in a Dallas suburb that killed Brown, a practice squad linebacker who was Brent's close friend and also a teammate at the University of Illinois.

The two men were headed home from partying with fellow Cowboys at a nightclub when Brent lost control of his Mercedes, causing a fiery accident. Officers who arrived on scene said Brent was seen trying to pull Brown's body from the wreckage.

Police say Brent's blood-alcohol level was tested shortly after the crash at 0.18 percent, more than twice the legal limit for drivers in Texas. Prosecutors last week argued that the burly, 320-pound defensive tackle had as many as 17 drinks that night of the crash.

Brent's attorneys argued the blood tests used by police were faulty and that Brent could not have drank nearly that much. Attorney George Milner said his client was "guilty of being stupid behind the wheel of a car," not drinking beforehand.

Brent retired from the NFL last year, but his ties to the Cowboys were prominent at trial. Two current players, Barry Church and Danny McCray, testified about hanging out with Brent and Brown, first playing video games, then having dinner and going to Privae, a Dallas nightclub.

Jurors saw video of Brent appearing to hold bottles of Champagne in each hand and credit-card receipts that showed Brent had purchased three bottles. They also saw police dash cam footage of Brent losing his balance during field sobriety tests and occasionally stumbling over his words while talking to officers.

The case now moves to sentencing. Milner has previously said his client should receive probation, and Brown's mother, Stacey Jackson, has said in interviews that she has forgiven Brent. Jackson could testify on Brent's behalf at sentencing.

Prosecutors have indicated they will push for jail time for Brent and have talked about the potential to send a message about intoxication manslaughter. His conviction comes just after weeks of fierce debate about a North Texas teen, Ethan Couch, who received probation for intoxication manslaughter after a wreck that left four people dead. Couch's case, and the so-called "affluenza" defense his attorneys employed, became the subject of fierce, widespread scrutiny.

Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins has attended parts of Brent's trial and whispered in prosecutors' ears during the questioning of one witness. Watkins told a sports radio station last year that prosecutors had the responsibility to make sure Brent "loses his freedom."
Wow. What a dumbass. All that money and didn't want to spend any on a cab.
The fact that he has "requested probation", is unbelievable. He's either extremely ignorant or he truly believes that he's above the law (or both).

Wow. What a dumbass. All that money and didn't want to spend any on a cab.
The fact that he has "requested probation", is unbelievable. He's either extremely ignorant or he truly believes that he's above the law (or both).
Sad thing is as a NFL player they get FREE rides home.

I missed this...you really played the damn race card? WTF Andy...
Get some shoes that float and walk on water Cinderella, cause you are the threads only race injector.

Are Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart thugs? Because that's the language that's been thrown out about Sherman because he's a dreadlocked black guy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films...abtree-clash?campaign=Facebook_videos_sherman

Richard Sherman wasn't lying. He wasn't "talking trash" to Crabtree, he was being classy and Crabtree went off on him.

His news conference today was pretty good. I especially like his quote, "there was a hockey game where they didn't even play hockey. They just threw the puck aside and started fighting. I saw that and said, 'Oh, man. I'm the thug? What's going on here?"

Are Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart thugs? Because that's the language that's been thrown out about Sherman because he's a dreadlocked black guy.

No I havent. But I compared Stewart to a fat old lady after California, and I didnt see you on any soapbox with a cape defending them.

Aside from a racial talking point I dont see much difference. I havent seen you defend Kahne against claims of being a sissy, and some brokeback moutain sarcasm. I havent seen you defend Lagano being tagged as a wimp and rich mommas boy either.

Thanks for turning a ball game and someones obvious idiocy that was duly noted into a racial topic. If I wanted the poduim I would hang out more in that hellhole.

The Browns are close to hiring Bills DC Mike Pettine as their new head coach. From the same Bills team the Browns themselves scored 37 points on this year. Reserve your Super Bowl XLIX tickets now Browns fans!

"Thug" is just another word for "n*gger".

And again, what was classless about Sherman's interview? He said he's the best CB in the game which he is. And the NFL video proves that Crabtree shoved Sherman for no reason.

Their fans aren't much different. Did you see the story about them pelting the 49ers Navarro Bowman with food as he was being taken off in a stretcher after that gruesome leg injury?

"Pelting" might be too strong a description. It looks like about 20 pieces of popcorn were tossed, a total of one piece maybe grazed Bowman, 4 stayed on the cart, and it was probably only done by one fan. Not cool at all, but certainly not "pelting". Not something you can use to classify all Seahawks fans by either.

But 'Guy knocks over his bag of popcorn and a piece might have hit injured player' doesn't make near as good a headline.

And again, what was classless about Sherman's interview? He said he's the best CB in the game which he is. And the NFL video proves that Crabtree shoved Sherman for no reason.
Andy this belongs in the podium so we don't destroy this football thread and the idea that only Black males are thugs is absolutely ridiculous.

Andy this belongs in the podium so we don't destroy this football thread and the idea that only Black males are thugs is absolutely ridiculous.
I don't know about the podium aspect of your comment, but I seem to remember many people, myself included, using the term "thug" in relation to the recent "brawl" in the hockey game the other night when Calgary sent out their goon squad to start the game and the other team responded and they were all fighting within like two seconds of the opening faceoff.

Sherman seems to be learning some basic concepts that his Stanford education seems to have not included. First, it is virtually impossible to stir up or sling crap without getting at least a little of it on yourself. Second, human nature makes most people want to bring down those who try so hard to put themselves above others. For his sake, I hope he does learn these lessons.

Please see above comment. Apparently there are a lot of "n*ggers" in the hockey game the other night as well.

And what is classless about saying that you are the best? If you have to ask, you probably won't understand the answer. He probably is the best CB in the game, but that isn't his place to say it. If he says it, it means nothing. Kanye West talks about himself like he is the greatest thing to ever happen to music or life in general. Does that make it so? Of course not. It means nothing. If others compliment Sherman, it means a great deal.

Also, NFL video of one exchange proves absolutely nothing out of context of the whole day's interactions.

When athletes say what they're supposed to, they're boring robots. When they don't, they're thugs - even if none of what they said was "thuggish".

Actually "thug" means,

thug (th
ubreve.gif
g)
n.
1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.
2. also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

I don't see anything about a "thug" being black, white, purple or anything. Why do you want to equate a "thug" to "n*gger"? I mean, other than to just stir up ****?

Actually "thug" means,

I don't see anything about a "thug" being black, white, purple or anything. Why do you want to equate a "thug" to "n*gger"? I mean, other than to just stir up ****?
You are correct. That's why I mentioned the podium to try and change the N aspect of the posts.

I don't know about the podium aspect of your comment,
I mentioned the podium to try and change the N aspect of the posts before they got out of hand as I said above.

As far as Sherman goes, it was an emotional outburst during an emotional game. I don't look at it any different than some of us on here. Hell, someone on here even hoped he got cancer because of it. I doubt that person truly hopes for that, but they were obviously wrapped up in the emotion of the game and events surrounding it. The recklessness of comments like that are the same, the only difference is that one gets read by 100 people and the other is viewed by millions.

If emotional outbursts are thuggish, I bet there isn't a person among us that isn't a thug.

Back
Top Bottom