NFL 2013

I just can't believe that Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson are making $550k apiece while Tony Romo is making $18 million a year.

The new rookie pay scale that was implemented in 2011 changed things. No longer will a player be drafted and get a multimillion dollar contract right off the bat. They basically have to wait 4 years to get a huge payday.

The new rookie pay scale that was implemented in 2011 changed things. No longer will a player be drafted and get a multimillion dollar contract right off the bat. They basically have to wait 4 years to get a huge payday.
Exactly, and for the better. you can thank guys like Jamarcus Russell for that. It got to the point where having a top draft pick wasn't all that great of a thing. You had to pay a guy like $40-50 million guaranteed with no real idea if he was going to be worth it. Sam Bradford is a good example of this. He turned out to be a pretty good quarterback, but certainly not a great quarterback. If he was taken under today's salary structure, he would probably be considered a pretty good pick. He brought the Rams some much needed stability on offense and gave them a chance to compete. He also brought them a huge hit on their salary cap and made it much more difficult to surround him with any other talent. Now, guys like Luck, Kapernik, and Russell are huge advantages to teams. Not only do they help the team at their position, they give the team serious flexibility for several years until those rookie deals run out.

I'm picking Denver to win but I'd rather the Seahawks won for sentimental reasons. :D

It seems like a 3 to 1 ratio of Seahawks fans over Broncos fans in Manhattan right now.

1507908_277569319064850_1047725944_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom