NFL 2014

breatheoflife

Team Owner
Guess we can get a new thread going for next season. Christmas has come early!!!!! As many know from the 2013 thread, I absolutely despise Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi. I wake up this morning to find that Jimmy Haslam fired not one, but BOTH of those clowns! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Ray Farmer is the new GM. It was widely rumored that the two had nothing to do with the coach search, I guess this validates that. My faith in Jimmy has been restored!!!

I have a renewed excitement for the upcoming season as a result of those two clowns getting fired. I don't know if Ray Farmer is the man for the job or not, but he sure as hell can't be any worse than those two idiots.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced they will have a new helmet design and logo for 2014, to be unveiled Thursday Night.

Yeah he is, but he was pretty underwhelming in the bench press. They say the average for his position is like 25-27 reps and he could only do like 17.
I misremembered, a word I learned from Roger Clemens, yesterday. Clowney put up 21 reps. Michael Sam only put up 17, but it's the fact that he is gay that will keep him from being a top draft pick. :rolleyes:

I misremembered, a word I learned from Roger Clemens, yesterday. Clowney put up 21 reps. Michael Sam only put up 17, but it's the fact that he is gay that will keep him from being a top draft pick. :rolleyes:

Jadeveon Clowney's strength is the way his speed gives him ability to make big plays. Right now, I can't envision a scenario where Clowney doesn't end up in Jacksonville.

1896870_10201499485958175_1807153909_n.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley: “Everybody is tagged with, ‘Is he a franchise quarterback?’ That’s really difficult. I guess Chad Henne is ours and he’s our starter … if we get him re-signed.”

The road from Columbia, SC to Jacksonville, FL has been paved for Jadeveon Clowney.

Jadeveon Clowney's strength is the way his speed gives him ability to make big plays. Right now, I can't envision a scenario where Clowney doesn't end up in Jacksonville.
He should certainly be there for the taking if they want him. It's looking more and more like the Texans are gonna take Manziel, and the Rams will likely take either Sammy Watkins or Greg Robinson.

The Bucs also are moving to the AFL apparently. Good grief.

BhztP4JCUAI1HBV.png
Yeah, those numbers are killing me. My son likes them, which really isn't much of an endorsement as he thinks that the University Of Oregon has the best unis in sports. He also likes University of Maryland football unis. Seen below.

maryland-terrapins-football_s345x230.jpg

Maryland's uniforms in all sports are the main reason why I don't hate them leaving the ACC for the Big Ten/Twelve/Fourteenish?

The Bucs also are moving to the AFL apparently. Good grief.

BhztP4JCUAI1HBV.png
I was afraid of stuff like this when Nike signed the contract to become the NFL's uniform supplier. They've destroyed countless college uni's, now they're doing the same to the NFL.

Also, I hope Clowney doesn't go to Houston because Jacksonville's now saying they won't pick a quarterback in the first round.

New management, same old Jaguars. They'll end up drafting someone who is projected to go in the sixth round and he'll end up leaving the team in two years. This team really makes my blood pressure rise.

Yeah, those numbers are killing me. My son likes them, which really isn't much of an endorsement as he thinks that the University Of Oregon has the best unis in sports. He also likes University of Maryland football unis.
I was afraid of stuff like this when Nike signed the contract to become the NFL's uniform supplier. They've destroyed countless college uni's, now they're doing the same to the NFL.
Very unnecessary and very amateur. Don't know what was wrong with regular red tops and pewter pants.

Well, MJD wasn't all that impressive last year. He was also behind a sorry excuse for an Offensive Line.
Every down backs typically only have a shelf life of 6 or 7 years, after that most of them drop off significantly in performance. I think Chris Johnson has reached his expiration date in Tennessee as well, rumor is he won't be back.

Every down backs typically only have a shelf life of 6 or 7 years, after that most of them drop off significantly in performance. I think Chris Johnson has reached his expiration date in Tennessee as well, rumor is he won't be back.

Jones-Drew can still make explosive plays and did so last season.

While most think Houston's going to draft Clowney, it looks like they're serious about Blake Bortles. If Houston leaves Clowney on the board, you can guarantee he'll be in Jacksonville. If not, it means Bridgewater goes to Jacksonville.

From the sounds of it, Jacksonville is interested in either Clowney or Bridgewater.

ESPN's Todd McShay came out with a mock draft yesterday that I am not too happy about. He has the Browns taking Johnny Manziel at #4 and a receiver from Oregon State (I think) at #26. I've never really thought that Johnny Football's game translates well at all to the pro game. It seems to me that if he was better at reading defenses and had a better and more accurate arm he wouldn't have to scramble around quite so much. He also just seems like a guy who will get himself killed in the NFL. Bigger and faster running QB's than him have been battered and broken by the size and speed of NFL defenses.

I could be ok with Bortles being the guy we get. I love his size and what I saw of him in the bowl game I watched him in. But, football people say he doesn't seem to read defenses or adjust on the fly very well. We already have Brandon Weeden who has a top 5 arm and a good body to play the position, but has those same issues that have basically rendered him useless in the NFL.

Teddy Bridgewater is the guy I really want, although that could change by draft day. He seems like the most NFL ready and he has the least defects of the QB's in the draft. There aren't any Andrew Luck's in this draft, but Bridgewater seems like the safest and best pick.

ESPN's Todd McShay came out with a mock draft yesterday that I am not too happy about. He has the Browns taking Johnny Manziel at #4 and a receiver from Oregon State (I think) at #26. I've never really thought that Johnny Football's game translates well at all to the pro game. It seems to me that if he was better at reading defenses and had a better and more accurate arm he wouldn't have to scramble around quite so much. He also just seems like a guy who will get himself killed in the NFL. Bigger and faster running QB's than him have been battered and broken by the size and speed of NFL defenses.

I could be ok with Bortles being the guy we get. I love his size and what I saw of him in the bowl game I watched him in. But, football people say he doesn't seem to read defenses or adjust on the fly very well. We already have Brandon Weeden who has a top 5 arm and a good body to play the position, but has those same issues that have basically rendered him useless in the NFL.

Teddy Bridgewater is the guy I really want, although that could change by draft day. He seems like the most NFL ready and he has the least defects of the QB's in the draft. There aren't any Andrew Luck's in this draft, but Bridgewater seems like the safest and best pick.

I could see Cleveland trading up to get Bridgewater. If Houston takes Clowney and Cleveland gets Bridgewater, Jacksonville's screwed. They have no interest in Bortles and little interest in Manziel. I imagine they'll trade down if Cleveland trades up. Khalil Mack is a first-rounder but not worth a third overall pick and I think that's the direction Jacksonville might go.

I imagine they're also taking a look at Sammy Watkins and Tajh Boyd.

I could see Cleveland trading up to get Bridgewater. If Houston takes Clowney and Cleveland gets Bridgewater, Jacksonville's screwed. They have no interest in Bortles and little interest in Manziel. I imagine they'll trade down if Cleveland trades up. Khalil Mack is a first-rounder but not worth a third overall pick and I think that's the direction Jacksonville might go.

I imagine they're also taking a look at Sammy Watkins and Tajh Boyd.
Khalil Mack is a freaking beast. I saw that guy just dominate in a game against a very good Ohio State team. If the Browns didn't have such a pressing need at QB, I would be perfectly happy to get him, even at #4.

Don't forget that he's an absolute d*** of a person.

Don't be surprised to see Cleveland draft Watkins at #4 and draft Derek Carr at #26, and that's going to piss me off.

Don't be surprised to see Cleveland draft Watkins at #4 and draft Derek Carr at #26, and that's going to piss me off.
I wouldn't be too happy about that myself. I like Derek Carr from what I know of him as a person, and I wanted him before I saw his bowl game this year. But, he was just horrible in that game and seemed totally clueless on how to adjust to what the defense was doing to him.

Back
Top Bottom