NFL 2014

Oh yeah, now the Browns are getting serious...

from espncleveland.com

The Browns added to their defense later by agreeing to terms with former Jets cornerback Isaiah Trufant. The news was Tweeted by Trufant’s agent, Doug Hendrickson.
Trufant, 31, is 5-8 and 170 pounds. He banged around five years in the Arena League and United Football League before joining the Jets in 2010. Trufant was claimed by the Eagles in 2011, and then released, and rejoined the Jets for the past three seasons.

A backup cornerback and special teams ace is exactly what they needed. ;)

Donte Whitner and Karlos Dansby being greeted by Josh Gordon, Joe Haden and Jabaal Sheard on a jet. Clockwise from bottom left to bottom right would be Gordon, Sheard, Whitner, Haden and Dansby.

Whitner-Haden-Dansby.png

Whitner reportedly is elated to be coming home to play for the Browns. It was his dream growing up in Cleveland to one day play for the Browns.

Oh yeah, now the Browns are getting serious...

from espncleveland.com

The Browns added to their defense later by agreeing to terms with former Jets cornerback Isaiah Trufant. The news was Tweeted by Trufant’s agent, Doug Hendrickson.
Trufant, 31, is 5-8 and 170 pounds. He banged around five years in the Arena League and United Football League before joining the Jets in 2010. Trufant was claimed by the Eagles in 2011, and then released, and rejoined the Jets for the past three seasons.

A backup cornerback and special teams ace is exactly what they needed. ;)

I like it. He spent many years with Pettine in NY, so coach knows his value. It never hurts adding a special team ace for low value, plus he will be able to fill in at CB when needed. Never hurts to have another veteran in the locker room.

Hearing some rumblings of a possible trade attempt for a big name QB as well.

The Broncos aren't messing around. They know they gotta win it now if they are going to. Added T.J. Ward and Aqib Talib yesterday, now DeMarcus Ware.

Browns have contacted the Patriots and have been said to have offered 3 first round picks for....Tom Brady. Patriots have yet to say no.

The silly season of the NFL. wild and scary.
Im a Saints fan and hate we cut Moore and likley trade or release Sproles.

suits their offense. They will use him as a scat back. Hate that he is still in the NFC

The Bucs are building a solid team. I'm not sold on the idea of giving the starting QB job to McCown right away but Verner, Collins, and Johnson are all good signings.

The Giants haven't done much but Rashad Jennings is a good addition.

Browns have contacted the Patriots and have been said to have offered 3 first round picks for....Tom Brady. Patriots have yet to say no.
That is absolute craziness. That is a horrible idea. First of all, the Browns are a lot more than a good QB away from being a Super Bowl contender which is the only way trading 3 first rounders for a QB would ever make any sense. Secondly, Tom Brady is maybe a year or two away from hanging it up for good. Why would you give up three first round draft picks, and essentially stunt your team's growth for the foreseeable future, for any player who will play maybe one or two years? That make no sense whatsoever. On top of that, can you imagine the Patriots trying to sell this idea to their fan base?

That is absolute craziness. That is a horrible idea. First of all, the Browns are a lot more than a good QB away from being a Super Bowl contender which is the only way trading 3 first rounders for a QB would ever make any sense. Secondly, Tom Brady is maybe a year or two away from hanging it up for good. Why would you give up three first round draft picks, and essentially stunt your team's growth for the foreseeable future, for any player who will play maybe one or two years? That make no sense whatsoever. On top of that, can you imagine the Patriots trying to sell this idea to their fan base?

Brady still has it, and he's a winner. I disagree. A great QB, and we are a contending team. Solid defense, good reciever corp with Gordon, Cameron, and probably Hawkins now. Edelman sounds like a favorite too. Land Ben Tate and that shores up our running game. Brady still has 3-4 years in him.

But it ain't gonna happen anyways.

Chris Clemons, Red Bryant and Ziggy Hood all go to Jacksonville during Free Agency AND the Jags could get Jadeveon Clowney. What's good, Andrew Luck? :XXROFL:

I smell a division championship!

The Titans just made a HUGE signing!!! They signed............Charlie Whitehurst. Let all Titan fans try to control their excitement now.

Steve Smith is going to go for about 972 yards when the Ravens host the Panthers this year.

Hell yes. Ben Tate to Cleveland is official.
Absolutely. And it's only two years at up to $7 million total reportedly. I was afraid it was going to take a much longer commitment with much more money. His injury history scares me, but he has shown signs of being excellent.

If the Jags get a decent QB, they could be tough.

A quarterback won't solve the problems at the Wide Receiver position and on the Offensive Line. As much as I cuss out Chad Henne, the Jaguars have won a few games they had no business winning because of him.

Julius Peppers signed with the Packers for 3 years and up to $30 million, a few days after Chicago released him. This might be big for Green Bay. Their defense has held them back for quite a while now and getting pressure on the QB is the quickest way to fix that. Peppers isn't quite what he once was, but he's still pretty damn good.

Back
Top Bottom